Chat Area > General Discussion Area

Thought I was in the UK

(1/8) > >>

Varche:
I am in the Uk sorting out stuff following a bereavement. It is just like being in Spain . Everything takes so long and doesnt work.

Rang solicitor for a copy of will. Got there and they had double booked me and not got the copy from the Leicester office. To their credit they said it would  be there in an hour.

So went off to rubbish recycling tip. Dreaded it expecting the usual inquisition “ what sort of rubbish, trade? Plus added complication of foerign car reg so you arent a council tax payer” neednt have worried as they are shut to public Mondays and Tuesdays.......so still loaded to the gunwhales with junk.at least I didnt get a puncture.

Back to solicitor and it was there , back to base . Ruddy afternoon gone.

STEMO:
Condolences with regards to the bereavement, Varche. I have had a similar afternoon dealing with a payroll provider. It used to be simple when the payroll provider was part of the same local authority that ran the school but, of course, it's all been farmed out to private companies now, all in the name of economy efficiency.
Like pulling teeth, except the tooth is still there even after all the pain.

Viral_Jim:

--- Quote from: Varche on 16 January 2019, 16:40:09 ---

So went off to rubbish recycling tip. Dreaded it expecting the usual inquisition “ what sort of rubbish, trade? Plus added complication of foerign car reg so you arent a council tax payer” neednt have worried as they are shut to public Mondays and Tuesdays.......so still loaded to the gunwhales with junk.at least I didnt get a puncture.

--- End quote ---

'Kin ell Varche,  I'm knackered already this week, no need for you to make me go thinking its only Tuesday!!  :y

But to answer your point, yes, its painful and has become noticeably more so in the past couple of years.

Varche:
Heck you are right , it is Tuesdays and Wednesdays it is closed.

Days are a blur.

Probate is Oxford for Leicester . Cant wait if we have to put in a personal appearance. I remember how easy and cheap parking was 25 years ago  ;D

Andy B:

--- Quote from: STEMO on 16 January 2019, 16:47:56 --- ..... I have had a similar afternoon dealing with a payroll provider. It used to be simple when the payroll provider was part of the same local authority that ran the school but, of course, it's all been farmed out to private companies now, all in the name of economy efficiency.
Like pulling teeth, except the tooth is still there even after all the pain.

--- End quote ---

Our payroll & some of Anti-personnel has been farmed out to India ..... so everything from days-in-lieu to wages has to be emailed to someone that has only a basic grasp of English  >:( >:(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version