Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Signum 1.9CDTi  (Read 3739 times)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: Signum 1.9CDTi
« Reply #15 on: 22 January 2019, 20:17:58 »

Facelift cars only have three diesel options... 1.9 120 8v, 1.9 150 16v and 3.0 190 v6

Not going to get into an argument about specs etc, but I know that I am right for 2006 on as I was looking at new Vectras at the time and the Signum was bundled in with the Vectra in the brochures... Which I binned when I cleared my room out last year.

My experience of the 1.9 150 16v lump in both manual (30k) and auto (15k) guises was less than positive, hence all the Vectra Cs I have subsequently owned were deliberately 1.8 petrols which I will defend to the end of days.

The Signum is a Vectra C estate with a funky rear seat and slightly smaller boot.

For the needs you suggest, facelift will be perfect, especially in Design or Elite specs and with whichever engine you can find looks best in Moonstone grey metallic or Reubens Red 8)

Shop around and buy on condition regardless of engine  :y

Incidentally all have 100k cambelt, except the V6* which are  chain driven

*I know the 3.2 is belt driven, but early cars only, and I have nowhere suggested buying a preface lift Vectra C of any shape ::)
« Last Edit: 22 January 2019, 20:20:58 by Doctor Gollum »
Onanists always think outside the box.

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 22 January 2019, 20:47:44 »

Cool, thanks for that  :y

Think we are looking for a facelift around 56/06 upwards, with the 150BHP Engine in Design or Elite trim (I really need to get a brochure to get a grip on the specs.

PM Incoming

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 23 January 2019, 11:00:04 »

Cambelt is easy to do, you change the water pump as a matter of course with the cambelt kit (as you should do) then you don't get issues.

If you got a 150 I may well have a pile of spares you are welcome to (I expect it includes a clean spare EGR to)

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 23 January 2019, 12:43:09 »

Facelift cars only have three diesel options... 1.9 120 8v, 1.9 150 16v and 3.0 190 v6

Not going to get into an argument about specs etc, but I know that I am right for 2006 on as I was looking at new Vectras at the time and the Signum was bundled in with the Vectra in the brochures... Which I binned when I cleared my room out last year.

My experience of the 1.9 150 16v lump in both manual (30k) and auto (15k) guises was less than positive, hence all the Vectra Cs I have subsequently owned were deliberately 1.8 petrols which I will defend to the end of days.

The Signum is a Vectra C estate with a funky rear seat and slightly smaller boot.

For the needs you suggest, facelift will be perfect, especially in Design or Elite specs and with whichever engine you can find looks best in Moonstone grey metallic or Reubens Red 8)

*I know the 3.2 is belt driven, but early cars only, and I have nowhere suggested buying a preface lift Vectra C of any shape ::)

V6 Diesel is Cam belted :y
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 23 January 2019, 12:55:37 »

Its half and half isn't it?

STEMO

« Reply #20 on: 23 January 2019, 13:01:03 »

Half a chain and half a belt? That sounds dodgy.  ;D

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 23 January 2019, 16:51:28 »

Yes,top half is belt from fuel pump up and bottom half is gear driven
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 23 January 2019, 17:35:23 »

Cambelt is easy to do, you change the water pump as a matter of course with the cambelt kit (as you should do) then you don't get issues.

If you got a 150 I may well have a pile of spares you are welcome to (I expect it includes a clean spare EGR to)

:y

Hopefully going to look at a couple of Signums this weekend, will update here  :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 23 January 2019, 17:38:23 »

Can your Opelscanner do Signums, being CAN?  As decent diags equipment is worthwhile :)
Grumpy old man

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 23 January 2019, 19:28:47 »

Can your Opelscanner do Signums, being CAN?  As decent diags equipment is worthwhile :)

Pretty sure I upgraded to the CAN version, been using a n other for quick checks on the rest of the fleet more recently

pscocoa

• Omega Baron
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • Volvo V90 D5 AWD
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 23 January 2019, 22:07:52 »

My wife had a 1.9 cdti Signum Elite 2007 from almost new to 85000 miles in 5 years. Problems were the clutch damper which is a 2 part thing. We had 2 of these under warranty. It had spring and shock absorber issues (like Vectra) but was a great car.
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://[/img]
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 18 queries.