Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: What a job.  (Read 3017 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: What a job.
« Reply #15 on: 25 January 2019, 17:27:15 »

Let a very good friend borrow my Merc for his daughters wedding a couple of weeks ago, he noticed my clock was a few minutes fast ( never bothered me) so in the process of correcting it managed to change the language from English to German on the command system ! Easy enough to correct I thought , consulted the manual no joy after 90 minutes so googled the problem eventually got the answer from MB America owners the sat nav must be in the unit so all sorted now, but no mention of that in the command instructions.

If only Merc used the RDS signal like Vauxhall does/did .... for a company that professes to be a premium brand, they don't half have some half arsed ways of thinking

Neither of my Omegas ever managed to automatically set the clock..

Even my Astra Gs auto set their clocks .....

My Jaguar doesn't. But if the Sat Nav and all other electrical items are from the Tandy parts bin circa 1972 this is hardly a surprise. :-\
Every time I grumble on the Shag forums about the stupid thing not being able to correct the clock, I'm being petty, and should take it to a dealer to do...

Knobjockeys.
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 25 January 2019, 17:28:02 »

Let a very good friend borrow my Merc for his daughters wedding a couple of weeks ago, he noticed my clock was a few minutes fast ( never bothered me) so in the process of correcting it managed to change the language from English to German on the command system ! Easy enough to correct I thought , consulted the manual no joy after 90 minutes so googled the problem eventually got the answer from MB America owners the sat nav must be in the unit so all sorted now, but no mention of that in the command instructions.

If only Merc used the RDS signal like Vauxhall does/did .... for a company that professes to be a premium brand, they don't half have some half arsed ways of thinking

Mine did, but you had to have the radio on tuned to a local station, as they transmitted the time info. The likes of R1,R2 etc don't.
Oddly, round here, the national BBC stations were better at it than the local stations
Grumpy old man

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 25 January 2019, 17:35:59 »

Mine did, but you had to have the radio on tuned to a local station, as they transmitted the time info. The likes of R1,R2 etc don't.

interesting as mine was the opposite; I could drive around for days with it tuned to local stations with no change, but it would update the clock within a few seconds of being tuned to a national BBC station.

2boxerdogs

« Reply #18 on: 25 January 2019, 18:36:53 »

My Omega always changed automatically .

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 26 January 2019, 10:15:33 »

interesting as mine was the opposite; I could drive around for days with it tuned to local stations with no change, but it would update the clock within a few seconds of being tuned to a national BBC station.

Yes,mine was the same ,it had to be a BBC station for it to reset
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 18 queries.