Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: These wheels on a mig  (Read 3463 times)

Del Boy

• Omega Queen
  • Kent, UK.
    • 2012 '62' BMW 730d MSport
    • View Profile
Re: These wheels on a mig
« Reply #15 on: 22 July 2009, 20:24:11 »

I like them very nice  :y
Drives: 2013 (13) BMW 530d M Sport Touring, 2011 '61' BMW 520d SE.

amigov6

« Reply #16 on: 22 July 2009, 22:30:00 »

Did'nt even look at the price. I would'nt disgrace my Mig let alone be seen in it with such utter tasteless tat fitted. Anyone fitting these to a Mig should be hung by their nostrils & flailed with thorn bushes until they can recite War & peace in Latin. If i ever do anything as rather' outrageous as this please take me out the back & shoot me 'coz all hope would be lost.

A fool & his money........... :o :o ::)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 22 July 2009, 22:38:21 »

Did'nt even look at the price. I would'nt disgrace my Mig let alone be seen in it with such utter tasteless tat fitted. Anyone fitting these to a Mig should be hung by their nostrils & flailed with thorn bushes until they can recite War & peace in Latin. If i ever do anything as rather' outrageous as this please take me out the back & shoot me 'coz all hope would be lost.

You're not struck on them then Guy?   :-/  :-/  :y  :y  :y  :y
« Last Edit: 22 July 2009, 22:38:34 by Andy_B »

amigov6

« Reply #18 on: 22 July 2009, 22:54:35 »

Hello mate. Went off a bit did'nt i? I just don't get this ultra low profile thing. It looks gay on a gay car let alone a Mig. This is in the realms of starship enterprise bodykits on puntos & other such Sh*te where the owner thinks it's cool but everyone else thinks you're a dweeb. I know my exhaust is probably in questionable taste but really, ultra low teenage profiles on a Mig???? ::) FFS.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 22 July 2009, 23:01:01 »

Hello mate. Went off a bit did'nt i? I just don't get this ultra low profile thing. It looks gay on a gay car let alone a Mig. This is in the realms of starship enterprise bodykits on puntos & other such Sh*te where the owner thinks it's cool but everyone else thinks you're a dweeb. I know my exhaust is probably in questionable taste but really, ultra low teenage profiles on a Mig???? ::) FFS.

;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

I do wonder what the ride would be like. I could tell a definite difference when I put the facelift 17" on mine, not uncomortable .... but still a difference.  :y  :y

amigov6

« Reply #20 on: 22 July 2009, 23:20:17 »

No wish to offend. I've done things to mine that others would'nt do so fair go.

One mans meat ..... :y

feeutfo

« Reply #21 on: 23 July 2009, 01:08:46 »

You're not struck on them then Guy?   :-/  :-/  :y  :y  :y  :y

;D ;D ;D ;D I like an honest man.  :-*  ;) :-)
Get the impression neither of you guys are keen on changing to non standard wheels? I know Andys not, think Amigo is still a little unsure? :-) sport stars and snowflakes are out too then?

Personally very much like the low profile "look" and prefer the wheels to fill and sit nearer to the arch, only 19s seem to look right side on but needs lowering to avoid an up on stilts appearance and not sure i can be arsed with all that. Stock wheels always look too small and track too narrow to me, esp the rear. Just my sense of proportion i guess.

The "gay" wheels(disappointingly polite response from TB I thought :-) ) look awsome on the vxr astra for which they where designed imho esp. diamond cut but as Amigo says probably ott on the omega without the aggressive vxr body shape.

Looking around for wheels with decent tires as i have a mild desire to change the"ok ish" face lift elite/mv6/03 wheels before a replace the appaling Falken 912s for conti Sc2 or similar, once new tires go on, thats it keeping mig wheels. Might space em out a bit tho. Just look a bit too.....pramy?

Thanks for opinions so far.....

Dishevelled Den

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 23 July 2009, 14:43:46 »

The spoke gap isn't as extreme as many other large diameter alloys, so you wouldn't get too much sight of the ugly disc/calliper arrangement.

I don't think the styling of the Omega suits the larger diameter rims however - they never appear to sit naturally enough without lowering the car and going for that 'bad boy' look :-/ :-/

SJKOO01

« Reply #23 on: 23 July 2009, 18:51:30 »

If I've managed to do this right ?  (1st time I've done this adding pics so I hope it's worked okay.

I've roughly mocked up the wheels so you'd have an idea of what they looked like on the car ?.

Personally there not my style though.

Hope it helps you ?.

M
 :y

dbug

• Omega Queen
  • Northants
  • Dont knock Linux!
    • Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio
    • View Profile
    • Dbug IT Services
« Reply #24 on: 23 July 2009, 19:23:57 »

Personal view - nice wheels on the Vectra - not so sure on an Omega though.

Note the sellers blurb - "ADVERTISING FOR A EMPLOYEE AS HE AS NO INTERNET ACCESS...." yet then says "THESE ARE IN MINT CONDITION AS THEY WAS ONLY ON MY CAR FOR 6 WEEKS DUE TO CAR NOW BEING FORSALE . . . "   :-? :-?
1972 Ferrari Dino, 1967 Triumph TR4A, Mondeo 2.0TDCi Estate, Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio

amigov6

« Reply #25 on: 23 July 2009, 22:28:04 »

I had a chat with TB @ E. Anglia meet & we agreed that standard MV6 rims look the nuts but the the buckling issue lets them down. I'm lucky enough to have a good spare set all refurbed & NOT for sale, sorry, but if i did'nt i would go for aftermarket rims in black with a deep alloy dish.
    I'd stick to the same profile though, no lower for me thanks. :y

i260

• Newport, South Wales
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 23 July 2009, 22:51:33 »

Like them as Jimbob say like the pre face one which i love  ;) ;)

Mmm, modern day irmscher mv6 wheel.

As others say though, you would never run them as your everyday wheel coz they would ruin SO easily with that laquer finish and 35 profiles and how much do 19's cost to get refurb'd???!!!. PLUS, how many 19's do you see on ebay that have had cracks repaired on them - seems that there is a weakness with these when running such low profiles. Looks the biz but stick to 17's or 18's for everyday.
Saab 9-5 Aero 260ps

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 24 July 2009, 09:33:11 »

Also remember that with next to no compliance in the tyres the ride will be harsh and the suspension will take more of a pounding. It gets punished enough on an Omega as it is IMHO.

Not for me, personally, but each to their own.

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

SJKOO01

« Reply #28 on: 24 July 2009, 16:58:07 »

If I've managed to do this right ?  (1st time I've done this adding pics so I hope it's worked okay.

I've roughly mocked up the wheels so you'd have an idea of what they looked like on the car ?.

Hope it helps you ?.

M

Damn thing took the pic off, hopefully its back on for those to view it, and see what they may look like ?.

feeutfo

« Reply #29 on: 24 July 2009, 23:32:18 »

Hope it helps you ?.

M

Damn thing took the pic off, hopefully its back on for those to view it, and see what they may look like ?.

Good work Matt, well done, Cheers.  :)

hmmm... bit ott on the omega.... too many gaps and not enough spoke.... grey background, between the diamond cut finnish, needs to be darker....will def need full irmscher to match....and thats a fraction too low for me....snowflakes still the ones i think, one day ;)

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 18 queries.