Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: New MOT.  (Read 2779 times)

amigov6

New MOT.
« on: 06 August 2009, 22:05:16 »

No, not the Beastie, she's safe 'til Feb. But the Cortina went through yesterday. Advised on play in the steering rack, split joint at the top strut mount, & 2 bits of welding, one on a bottom leg mount & one between the rear of the sill & rear wheel arch, both tiny.
   Not bad for a £595 30 year old motor that i enjoy driving & show at local events. :y

Dishevelled Den

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
Re: New MOT.
« Reply #1 on: 06 August 2009, 22:33:58 »

Not bad indeed Amigo :y :y

JWDF

« Reply #2 on: 07 August 2009, 00:49:17 »

No, not the Beastie, she's safe 'til Feb. But the Cortina went through yesterday. Advised on play in the steering rack, split joint at the top strut mount, & 2 bits of welding, one on a bottom leg mount & one between the rear of the sill & rear wheel arch, both tiny.
   Not bad for a £595 30 year old motor that i enjoy driving & show at local events. :y
Well done Amigo  :y
braught back memories there first car i owned was  2.0ltr gl Roman Bronze black vynil roof green window tints and goodyear tyres with goodyear painted white extra spots and fogs was 19 years old at the time :)  :) :) still remember the reg AGA 86S  ;D
cheers Amigo
rgds Jim-F
ps forgot remember those wheel rim inserts jist klicked on  8-)

p j morgan

• Omega Knight
  • nottingham
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07 August 2009, 01:27:22 »

what cortina is it guy?i had a l reg 20.ltr gxl it was a fantastic motor silver with a black vinyl roof and black leather interior. pete :y

amigov6

« Reply #4 on: 07 August 2009, 20:41:13 »

what cortina is it guy?i had a l reg 20.ltr gxl it was a fantastic motor silver with a black vinyl roof and black leather interior. pete :y
That would be a Mk3 Pete, I had a few of those but they fetch some coin now! :y

amigov6

« Reply #5 on: 07 August 2009, 21:45:29 »

braught back memories there first car i owned was  2.0ltr gl Roman Bronze black vynil roof green window tints and goodyear tyres with goodyear painted white extra spots and fogs was 19 years old at the time :)  :) :) still remember the reg AGA 86S  ;D
cheers Amigo
rgds Jim-F

Yes i do remember the chome wheel inserts but this one's got pukka wolfies which suit her. She's a 1.6 GL but has the twin choke carb & 4 branch manifold fitted to wake her up a bit. Never been a rep car, 53,000 miles & no diff whine!!!
    I'd only let her go to finance a Mk3...mmm   8-)

JWDF

« Reply #6 on: 09 August 2009, 17:51:19 »

cheers Amigo
rgds Jim-F

Yes i do remember the chome wheel inserts but this one's got pukka wolfies which suit her. She's a 1.6 GL but has the twin choke carb & 4 branch manifold fitted to wake her up a bit. Never been a rep car, 53,000 miles & no diff whine!!!

Car looks Fantastic  mate  :y

30 years old "Wow" 8-) great to see its being looked after :y

a Mk3  ;D ;D ;D---2000E 8-)------ :) :)

Cheers Jim-F

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #7 on: 09 August 2009, 20:07:31 »

cheers Amigo
rgds Jim-F

That Mk4 looks superb Amigo :y :y :y :y :y :y.  I had a 1.6L Estate in that colour, which if I recall correctly was Sahara Beige 8-) 8-) 8-)
« Last Edit: 09 August 2009, 20:07:46 by Lizzie_Zoom »

Del Boy

• Omega Queen
  • Kent, UK.
    • 2012 '62' BMW 730d MSport
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 09 August 2009, 20:08:13 »

Good stuff mate  :y

What a lovely looking example  :y
« Last Edit: 09 August 2009, 20:09:41 by LSG_1 »
Drives: 2013 (13) BMW 530d M Sport Touring, 2011 '61' BMW 520d SE.

GastronomicKleptomaniac

• Omega Baron
  • Teesside (the nice bit)
    • 3.2 plod, 2.6 MV6, etc
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 09 August 2009, 20:12:57 »

Mate of mine had one of those kicking about his workshop with a 2.9 Cossie V6... looked far sheddier than yours though :y
Servicing and repairs done in NE. Special rates for OOFers! PM me.

Del Boy

• Omega Queen
  • Kent, UK.
    • 2012 '62' BMW 730d MSport
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 09 August 2009, 20:13:53 »

Mate of mine had one of those kicking about his workshop with a 2.9 Cossie V6... looked far sheddier than yours though :y
I remember you saying.
I bet that dun half shift  :o
Drives: 2013 (13) BMW 530d M Sport Touring, 2011 '61' BMW 520d SE.

mars

• Omega Baron
  • Cannock, Staffordshire
    • Vivaro Sportive BMW 330d
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 09 August 2009, 22:24:13 »

I had a 1981 X Reg Mk5 2.3 Ghia V6 (manual) for 3 and a half years from 1991 to 1994 in Crystal Green metallic. Hardly spent any money on it and it looked mint. Finally sold it my brother in law and bought a 1982 Y Reg Capri 2.8 Injection which I also had for over 3 years and spent very little money on. Fond memories of both cars :) :) :) :y
There is no such thing as bad beer, some beers are better than others.

p j morgan

• Omega Knight
  • nottingham
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 09 August 2009, 23:04:20 »

nice looking motor guy !mine was the mark 3 with the leather seats and alloys it was the 20.ltr  silver with the black  vynl roof it was a fast motor .yours is a mk 4 or 5 isnt it mate ?what has she got on the clock mate :y

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 09 August 2009, 23:19:48 »

cheers Amigo
rgds Jim-F

I have 2 of those which could be for sale, off MK1 Cortina GT.  Had 4 but 2 were stolen on a trailer I had them on >:(

amigov6

« Reply #14 on: 10 August 2009, 21:24:05 »

A few more piccies. She's a 1980 Mk5. I've tidied the wire hanging down the transmission tunnel, fitted a period radio cassette (would love an original Ford push button as fitted to the GL) Look closely at the first pic & you'll see a poor paint match on the front end compared to the rest of the car which is original not just new paint but a bad match. Yes Lizzie i think it is sahara  but you need paint codes nowadays. She's not concourse, had new front wings, sills, front valance & rear wheel arch sections welded in before i bought her & still has a solid boot floor (rare thing with Tinas) I pamper my cars, can't help it, maybe i love them too much but it's worth it in my book. 8-) :y
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 18 queries.