Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Ok I give up...  (Read 2155 times)

Toby

• Ringwood, Hampshire
    • View Profile
Ok I give up...
« on: 09 August 2009, 17:30:28 »

...I'll admit it. I bought a dog.

Just popped out to get my lunch and damn thing starts misfiring everywhere. Popping away, backfiring, no power etc etc. I've spent £150 on new exhaust, £75 on some cats which still haven't been fitted. I'm stopping here before it gets like my last car where I just threw good money after bad.

I give up on it. So where do I go next? Not sure what I can realistically get for £1500. I want something with as much power as the Mig. Preferably RWD, wouldn't say no to something slightly smaller so the engine doesn't have to lug as much weight around. A V8 is tempting but not sure if I could get a decent one with the money.

Ghost

• Omega Baron
  • Seaham, North East england
    • 2.6 V6 CDX Estate
    • View Profile
Re: Ok I give up...
« Reply #1 on: 09 August 2009, 17:40:34 »

Have you done the paperclip test mate, ?
Sounds like code 19 cs sensor
He who brakes Looses
To old to die young

Toby

• Ringwood, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09 August 2009, 17:52:24 »

Paperclip test comes up with 73 and 74. Oil in plug wells, bubbling on arches and doors. Speedo don't work etc etc.

I've just had enough. Problem is, how do I get rid of it in this state to have enough to get something else. I thinking £1500 may buy me a half decent Facelift 3.0 or 3.2 but unless I can sell both the Migs I don't have a hope in hell of raising that money without a few months passing.

Ghost

• Omega Baron
    • 2.6 V6 CDX Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09 August 2009, 18:27:24 »

Oil in the plug wells is knackerd rocker gasket, its an easyish fix,
that would be your prob mate the plugs keep shorting out.
He who brakes Looses
To old to die young

Toby

• Ringwood, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09 August 2009, 18:36:51 »

I know it is. Was going to do them this week. Rocker gaskets are £25 though, not sure if that is each or both of them. But then there is all the other little gaskets as well and the other stuff I bound to find wrong when I do the job.

I've just decided I just can't be bothered. It needs too much doing to get it back to any sort of standard that I would be happy with. I'm not spending the money on it.

Ghost

• Omega Baron
    • 2.6 V6 CDX Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09 August 2009, 18:59:07 »

You wont get very much if you do sell it in the condition it is mate.  2 - 3 hundret quid
Then again you might get lucky.
He who brakes Looses
To old to die young

Del Boy

• Omega Queen
  • Kent, UK.
    • 2012 '62' BMW 730d MSport
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 09 August 2009, 19:00:54 »

Burn it  ;)
Drives: 2013 (13) BMW 530d M Sport Touring, 2011 '61' BMW 520d SE.

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
  • My spider senses are tingling
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 09 August 2009, 19:17:52 »

I know it is. Was going to do them this week. Rocker gaskets are £25 though, not sure if that is each or both of them. But then there is all the other little gaskets as well and the other stuff I bound to find wrong when I do the job.

I've just decided I just can't be bothered. It needs too much doing to get it back to any sort of standard that I would be happy with. I'm not spending the money on it.
It costs about £64 for the camcover gaskets and O rings to do both banks and that with a trade card ;)
Retired

Toby

• Ringwood, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 09 August 2009, 19:35:17 »

It costs about £64 for the camcover gaskets and O rings to do both banks and that with a trade card ;)

I don't have a TC. So thats another amount of money upwards of £64 to get it going again. Plus I'd proabably want new spark plugs if they have been sat in oil (1 and 3 look particulaly flooded)

When I sold my last car I vowed never to do it again, spend money on a car that kept going wrong. Anyway, since I've had it I've had thoughts of a facelift anyway so am not that interested in the car. Would just be handy if someone would do a part ex on both of them for said facelift.

Toby

• Ringwood, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 10 August 2009, 15:04:31 »

Right, ignore my ramblings. I'm going to fix it. I can at least then have 6 months of use from it and then hopefully move on to a facelift or a V8.

So, I'm not keen on the idea of driving down to VX with the car as it is. I also cannot seem to get hold of them atm. So does anyone have the prices for the gaskets, o-rings and any of the other gaskets that need doing (as mentioned in the Maintainence Guide) without TC.

Thanks

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 10 August 2009, 19:17:07 »

Right, ignore my ramblings. I'm going to fix it. I can at least then have 6 months of use from it and then hopefully move on to a facelift or a V8.

So, I'm not keen on the idea of driving down to VX with the car as it is. I also cannot seem to get hold of them atm. So does anyone have the prices for the gaskets, o-rings and any of the other gaskets that need doing (as mentioned in the Maintainence Guide) without TC.

Thanks
See if you can get someone local with TC to get them for you
Grumpy old man

lozzy

• Irmscher UK Sales and Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 11 August 2009, 09:02:58 »

dont let it get you down man it is frustrating i used ot have an astra van that alway went wrong just ploughed ridculous money into it for me to scrap it  like new head belts tentioners labour and i just binned it

rocker cover is not to bad to do 
Irmscher UK Sales and Support

1 Omega Estate 100 speakers :D

Kieran

• Dorset
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 11 August 2009, 09:49:49 »

I use the Vauxhall dealership near Bailey Bridge in Christchurch. I have been cheeky before and asked for a discount saying i am a member of Autobahnstormers (which i am not) ::) and it worked. Worth a try :y
« Last Edit: 11 August 2009, 09:50:11 by kieran »

platty

• Cambridge
    • BMW 530d Sport
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 11 August 2009, 17:21:35 »

Thanks
Toby, contact "andyc" and he should be able to give you the prices you need on TC - he does mail order too for a very reasonable price. He is a top bloke IMO - worth a message  :y

Toby

• Ringwood, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 12 August 2009, 16:12:39 »

Right well got the parts to do the cam covers and cats. Got them at trade price as I went to the trade center on Avro Industrial Estate rather than to the dealership itself. Got some spark plugs too as I can't see as being baked in oil will have done the old ones much good.

Going to make a start tomorrow. If anyone fancies giving a hand then feel free to pop over.  :y
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 18 queries.