Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Crank Sensor  (Read 2622 times)

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
Crank Sensor
« on: 24 April 2009, 21:25:50 »

I have a genuine, still sealed crank sensor , part no 90492061 for the later model 2.5, purchased as a precaution when I owned the old beast.

It will not fit the new beast, so I'm looking to move it on and get a 3.2 one, also as a precaution for continental travel.

Part Number        Retail Price        Normal Trade        Trade Club

2.5 (later models)                                        90492061        £57.50             £51.76               £44.76

2.6/3.0/3.2                                                90540743            £51.50            £46.40                £39.92

Now the preferred solution would be to swap mine for a 3.2 one, however I doubt VX will do this, so I'm open to offers if anyone is interested, either a swap or make me a cash offer  ??

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
Re: Crank Sensor
« Reply #1 on: 24 April 2009, 23:04:18 »

Hi Nige,

I'm re-building a 99 2.5 over the next few weeks. I'd chuck a new crank sensor in there if it was for the right money (and providing of course nobody else wanted it) :y

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 25 April 2009, 09:17:13 »

I have a genuine, still sealed crank sensor , part no 90492061 for the later model 2.5, purchased as a precaution when I owned the old beast.

It will not fit the new beast, so I'm looking to move it on and get a 3.2 one, also as a precaution for continental travel.

2.5 (later models)                                        90492061        £57.50             £51.76               £44.76

2.6/3.0/3.2                                                90540743            £51.50            £46.40                £39.92

Now the preferred solution would be to swap mine for a 3.2 one, however I doubt VX will do this, so I'm open to offers if anyone is interested, either a swap or make me a cash offer  ??

Can't remember off the top of my head which one I've got spare (Incorrectly) but I believe it's the square plugged, metal bodied type.

If a swap is in order I'm up for it :y :y
« Last Edit: 25 April 2009, 09:22:19 by Lazydocker »
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 25 April 2009, 09:51:50 »

Can't remember off the top of my head which one I've got spare (Incorrectly) but I believe it's the square plugged, metal bodied type.

Looking at the EPC my guess is you have the early type for the 2.5 .. part no 90492006 ... :( (but don't quote me .. I could be wrong !!), you and I need the same type ...... 2.6/3.0/3.2  :(

I'm off to Skurray's this morning .. lets see if they'll play nicely .. :)

« Last Edit: 25 April 2009, 09:52:56 by entwood »

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 25 April 2009, 10:14:50 »

Looking at the EPC my guess is you have the early type for the 2.5 .. part no 90492006 ... :( (but don't quote me .. I could be wrong !!), you and I need the same type ...... 2.6/3.0/3.2  :(

I'm off to Skurray's this morning .. lets see if they'll play nicely .. :)

That's the one!!! ::) ::) ::) ;D ;D ;D

Good luck with the stealer :y :y :y :y

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 25 April 2009, 12:29:55 »

Well ..... much to my surprise they not only agreed to change it without a receipt, but insisted on refunding the difference !!! He was even going to calculate the refund on the retail price not the trade club price !!

I must admit that Skurray's of Swindon don't appear to be "typical" stealers .. well the parts dept at least.

So sorry to all, but this is no longer available

:y :y :y

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 25 April 2009, 20:05:05 »

Well ..... much to my surprise they not only agreed to change it without a receipt, but insisted on refunding the difference !!! He was even going to calculate the refund on the retail price not the trade club price !!

I must admit that Skurray's of Swindon don't appear to be "typical" stealers .. well the parts dept at least.

So sorry to all, but this is no longer available

:y :y :y

What a result!!!

Unfortunately I was a little eager when I got mine and ripped open the packaging before checking it was the right one :-[ :-[ :-[

Never mind... I'm keeping hold of it as I got it cheaper than TC price and I'm sure someone here will benefit from it at some point! :y :y :y
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 18 queries.