Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 3.2 v6 MAINTENANCE MANUAL  (Read 1620 times)

Martin

• View Profile
3.2 v6 MAINTENANCE MANUAL
« on: 31 July 2006, 19:23:12 »

Hello!

I just took ownership of my first omega yesterday, an LPG'd facelift 3.2 MV6!!

Firstly I'd like to thank all who answered the post Liam put up for me last week.

I've no proof that the cam belt & tensioner has ever been changed so the car is parked up and will be untill it's done.  I've ordered the parts and I'm hiring a timing kit.  I have also purchased a Haynes manual but it only covers cars up to 1999 - no 3.2 V6 details.  Before I rip open the valuable cellophane wrapper can anyone tell me if it will be any help?  Is the 3.2 basically the same as the 3.0?  Are there any other manuals available that would suit me better?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Martin.

JasonH

• Omega Knight
  • Bristol
    • View Profile
Re: 3.2 v6 MAINTENANCE MANUAL
« Reply #1 on: 31 July 2006, 19:27:11 »

There is no Haynes for the facelift or 2.6 or 3.2 Omegas.

Despite that I find mine fairly useful as a fair amount of the car is the same.

There are some people selling the Vx TIS on Ebay. This can be used to fill in the gaps in the Haynes. Trouble is some of the software can be a bit difficult to install and get running.

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
  • Back to Vx to keep TB happy
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 31 July 2006, 19:27:14 »

I've got a 2.2 (2002) and the Haynes cam belt and tensioner instructions I am assured is the same as a pre 1999.

Not sure about the 3.2, but someone will know.
I like red cars

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 31 July 2006, 19:29:21 »

Welcome Martin :D

Although there are difference between facelift and prefacelift, the Haynes is still worth having...
Grumpy old man

Liam

• Intermediate Member
  • Da Ghetto, Kempston Rural, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 31 July 2006, 21:31:48 »

Yo dude!!!  Hellooooooo...

Lots of help and advice for this fine chap, please everyone!!  If anything ever goes wrong with this meggy I'll almost feel almost personally responsible for luring him into the world of omega :)

Er, oh yeah - i've got the TIS (Technical Information Something-or-other), haven't I!  You're welcome to borrow the CDs or I'll print out the relevant pages.

If you've got the kit and locking tool, the only other thing I can think of is a swan-necked spanner for the tensioners.  30 or 32mm isn't it folks??  Oh and a mirror put on the floor underneath the crank pulley is a nice idea I came up with doing mine to see from above that the mark on the belt is correctly aligned when installing the new belt.  I also recommended 6 new plenum o-rings as i found access easier doing mine when I lifted the plenum up out the way, what with it sticking forwards over the middle tensioner on the late 3s and 3.2s.  Anyone think of anything else??

Cheers and best of luck Lewis!!  Still dunno if i'll be around this weekend to help.  Really feel i should be though...

Liam

Markjay

• Omega Lord
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 31 July 2006, 23:22:28 »

I use Haynes with my 2.6, and find it helpful even though it only covers the 2.5/3.0.

As long as you remember that your engine has no DIS pack, no HT leads, no EGR valve, no ICV, and no throttle control you should be fine... :)

It's all pretty much the same other then these.

And of course the body and trim are different.

Alas, no more Omegas....

Martin

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 01 August 2006, 21:30:46 »

Thanks to you all for the replies, I took the plunge and violated that cellophane!  The belt, tensioner & tool turned up today so no excuses now!  The Haynes says I need some new stretch bolts for remounting the power steering pump, anyone know the part number for these so I can order them before I need 'em? (The local VX dealer didn't know!).

I was going to get started this evening but straight away found an excuse for a shopping spree at Halfords to furnish myself with a brand new torx bit set - it's soo lovely!  And a 30 / 32mm off-set ring spanner is on order, oh yea, I love my tools.

Liam, don't worry dude it doesn't look all that tough a job - it'll probably be finished before the weekend ;-) (Yea right!)  However if you've got some suitable raio pullers I could do with borrowing them...

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 01 August 2006, 21:35:59 »

iirc, you don't need to remove pas pump to do cambelt....

Haynes, in this case, is a bit too complex...

Basically, remove air intake stuff (careful not to break the vacuum elbow to front multiram). No air injection on 3.2, so don't need to worry about that. Make a note of now aux belt is routed, and remove.  Remove aux belt tensioner. Remove pulleys. Remove any wiring out of way. As you have extended plenum, just need to lift that at front (may need new o ring seals), remove cambelt cover.
Grumpy old man
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 18 queries.