Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Front indicators  (Read 2168 times)

MadOnVaux

• Lake District
    • View Profile
Front indicators
« on: 31 July 2006, 12:05:05 »

Do the front indicators have an Amber filter in them or is it just Amber coated bulbs?

I'd like to fit Silvatec bulbs but no point if there is a filter.

« Last Edit: 31 July 2006, 12:33:20 by MadOnVaux »

Markjay

• Omega Lord
  • London
    • View Profile
Re: Front indicators
« Reply #1 on: 31 July 2006, 12:08:03 »

Amber coated bulbs, clear lenses.

Make sure the replacement bulbs are amber as well - the amber colour for the indicators is a legal requirement and you may fail the MOT is using clear bulbs (or any other colour).

« Last Edit: 31 July 2006, 12:09:02 by markjay »
Alas, no more Omegas....

MadOnVaux

• Lake District
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 31 July 2006, 12:32:19 »

Amber coated bulbs, clear lenses.

Make sure the replacement bulbs are amber as well - the amber colour for the indicators is a legal requirement and you may fail the MOT is using clear bulbs (or any other colour).

Whayhey result, cheers Mark, 2 pair ordered :)

As for the bulbs, they are 'Silvatec'... chrome when they are 'dorment' but illuminate Amber...apparently/allegedly abit brighter than standard Amber coated bulbs too :)

Markjay

• Omega Lord
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 31 July 2006, 12:35:05 »

Can you let us have the link to where you got these bulbs from? This is interesting because the amber-coated bulbs tend to peel (although I seem to remember someone saying that it does not happen if you buy original Vx bulbs)

Alas, no more Omegas....

MadOnVaux

• Lake District
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 31 July 2006, 12:58:50 »

Can you let us have the link to where you got these bulbs from? This is interesting because the amber-coated bulbs tend to peel (although I seem to remember someone saying that it does not happen if you buy original Vx bulbs)

I think you'll be right about Vx bulbs, and they are always alot cheaper too...i paid £5 for two amber rear bulbs from Halfords as it was a case of needing them at the time (as my rears had peeled and were flashing White) rather than going to Vauxhall the next day, Vaux rear bulbs are less than a quid each usually too.

Link as requested

http://www.e-styling.co.uk/scpro/estyling/productscategory.asp?parentcat=4&parentcatname=Lights&prodcat=166&prodcatname=Replacement%20Bulbs&page=1

It's the offset pin bulbs 2nd from bottom...note bottom bulbs for side repeaters too, great for clear lense repeaters on Silver cars :)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 31 July 2006, 13:14:28 »

I think a pack of 10 Vx ones are only a couple of quid.  I think even Vx ones flake after time...
Grumpy old man

stuart30

« Reply #6 on: 31 July 2006, 16:46:22 »

Totaly off topic....sorry madonvaux.

Just seen this on the e-styling site....whats peoples opions chav or suit the car.?

The first pic with clear brake light.

http://www.e-styling.co.uk/scpro/estyling/productscategorycar.asp?manumodel=542&parentcat=8&parentcatname=Spoilers&cattype=y&manufacturer=Vauxhall%2FOpel

MadOnVaux

• Lake District
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 31 July 2006, 17:03:41 »

I hate that 1st spoiler...the 2nd one i absolutely adore though, think i might get one too :)

stuart30

« Reply #8 on: 01 August 2006, 06:27:30 »

I hate that 1st spoiler...the 2nd one i absolutely adore though, think i might get one too :)

Yeah agree the second looks so much more classy...but its for 99 onwards isnt it....mines an old 97. :-?

MadOnVaux

• Lake District
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 01 August 2006, 10:38:52 »

Yeah agree the second looks so much more classy...but its for 99 onwards isnt it....mines an old 97. :-?

Are all the boot lids the same shape though? (Could well be wrong)
« Last Edit: 01 August 2006, 10:42:39 by MadOnVaux »

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
  • My spider senses are tingling
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 02 August 2006, 16:56:20 »

I think you'll be right about Vx bulbs, and they are always alot cheaper too...i paid £5 for two amber rear bulbs from Halfords as it was a case of needing them at the time (as my rears had peeled and were flashing White) rather than going to Vauxhall the next day, Vaux rear bulbs are less than a quid each usually too.

Link as requested

http://www.e-styling.co.uk/scpro/estyling/productscategory.asp?parentcat=4&parentcatname=Lights&prodcat=166&prodcatname=Replacement%20Bulbs&page=1

It's the offset pin bulbs 2nd from bottom...note bottom bulbs for side repeaters too, great for clear lense repeaters on Silver cars :)

Dont want to upset anyone but you can get these for a couple of quid off Fleabay
Retired

MadOnVaux

• Lake District
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 02 August 2006, 22:56:58 »

Dont want to upset anyone but you can get these for a couple of quid off Fleabay

Ahh bugg3r it...im made of money anyway ;)
« Last Edit: 02 August 2006, 22:57:43 by MadOnVaux »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 18 queries.