Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Heater control rod of some description.  (Read 1608 times)

Big Rod

• Fife, Scotland
    • View Profile
Heater control rod of some description.
« on: 01 August 2006, 10:24:03 »

Last night, I decided to remove the centre console from my S2N bargain bucket. (Long story!!) Going from the instructions I recieved from here and from Haynes, I set about removing the appropriate screws and then went fishing for the locking bar through the stereo apperture, but I couldn't find it. (Turns out there's no locking bar on the non Climate Control cars!! DOH!!)

So I eventually figured out how to do it, but in my search for the locking bar, I managed to dislodge some sort of control rod. It looks to all intents and purposes like one of the rods that the door locking pin uses. It's about a foot long, with a hook on one end and is serated/tapped at the other end. It sits across the aperturegoing from left to right.

I tried to figure out where it went back, but due to it being late and having sore hands I gave up.

Anyone know what it does? If it's something minor, I can live without it.

If it's not minor, can someone tell me how to refit it?
If I have to explain you won't understand!

Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Heater control rod of some description.
« Reply #1 on: 01 August 2006, 11:18:09 »

Rod, that sounds like the control rod for the windscreen vents.

All a bit different on non c/c models but I suspect it is that.

Marks DTM or Pete will confirm.
The Administrator.

omegawd

• SUNNY ROMFORD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02 August 2006, 14:54:55 »

I did a How 2 on a similar forum to this ;) on early models with rotary heater controls, and also noted this bar. It might also be worth checking that you have not dislodged the vacuum pipe assembly which is also adjacent to the bar (round rubber type thing with small pipes going into it) It just pushes on the connector at the rear of the controls.

Big Rod

• Fife, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03 August 2006, 10:12:48 »

I did a How 2 on a similar forum to this ;) on early models with rotary heater controls, and also noted this bar. It might also be worth checking that you have not dislodged the vacuum pipe assembly which is also adjacent to the bar (round rubber type thing with small pipes going into it) It just pushes on the connector at the rear of the controls.

Discovered the night before last, after one and a half hours of trying to put it back in, that it's the control rod for the rear feet heaters.

I cursed a bit and then just put it all back together minus the rod. (I'm not really bothered so much as it's on the banger!), The passenger's can survive the cold feet for a while!!
If I have to explain you won't understand!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 18 queries.