Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: service advice  Omega 2003 2.6 auto saloon  (Read 4305 times)

Markjay

• Omega Lord
  • London
    • View Profile
Re: service advice  Omega 2003 2.6 auto saloon
« Reply #30 on: 25 September 2006, 10:58:54 »

so that leaves you £400 better off

£100 belt, tensioners

£3 cam belt change dvd

£297 for beer  :D

even going to a reputable garage should see you better off (well it would up here)  if you are not happy doing it yourself.

My cambelt was done at 36k / 4 years by Vx, the cost was £315, and since a standard service is around £150-£200 then this job will definitely be noticible in the garage bill if the owner still has them.

Alas, no more Omegas....

egcc

• manchester
  • Omega 2.6 2003 Auto
    • View Profile
Re: service advice  Omega 2003 2.6 auto saloon
« Reply #31 on: 25 September 2006, 12:39:05 »

so that leaves you £400 better off

£100 belt, tensioners

£3 cam belt change dvd

£297 for beer  :D

even going to a reputable garage should see you better off (well it would up here)  if you are not happy doing it yourself.

My cambelt was done at 36k / 4 years by Vx, the cost was £315, and since a standard service is around £150-£200 then this job will definitely be noticible in the garage bill if the owner still has them.

Hi, Rv did not fit a new cambelt kit, the last service in july 2006 was completed under the last warranty, according to them it was ok and didn't need doing... still at that time the car had covered more than 40k so i'm sure they should have advised the original owner of the 40k rule. (maybe RVdidnot want to spend money).
As it stands I am having the work done next week with my local Vx dealer, i will also include a new  water pump , I will persue this matter further with RV in the meantime.

Dave.
« Last Edit: 25 September 2006, 12:39:48 by egcc »
Vauxhall Omega  2.6 CDXI Auto 2003 Saloon https://en-gb.facebook.com/TheDeadXiii

Matchless

• Omega Knight
  • Nottingham
    • A white van
    • View Profile
Re: service advice  Omega 2003 2.6 auto saloo
« Reply #32 on: 26 September 2006, 10:27:18 »

If you are buying a car with a Vx service history then try going to the dealer and ask at the service desk for a copy of the service history or invoices. If you are lucky they will print off a detailed record of all services, reported faults and their findings, and a full list of parts and materials used.
This only seems to work at a local level, if a car has been through several Vx dealers then you have to try each of them for their bit of the history and I guess that they wont keep old data for too long.

Markjay

• Omega Lord
  • London
    • View Profile
Re: service advice  Omega 2003 2.6 auto saloo
« Reply #33 on: 26 September 2006, 23:25:27 »

If you are buying a car with a Vx service history then try going to the dealer and ask at the service desk for a copy of the service history or invoices. If you are lucky they will print off a detailed record of all services, reported faults and their findings, and a full list of parts and materials used.
This only seems to work at a local level, if a car has been through several Vx dealers then you have to try each of them for their bit of the history and I guess that they wont keep old data for too long.

The bit I found annoying is that Vx don't normally give you anything in writing regarding warranty repairs (had my oil cooler replaced under warranty), so when you buy the car second hand and get all the bills from the previous owner you don't really what other work was done during the first 3-years that is not on the bills.

Alas, no more Omegas....
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 18 queries.