Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bad drivers and new glass for mirror  (Read 1677 times)

randomspam

• View Profile
Bad drivers and new glass for mirror
« on: 29 September 2006, 18:05:55 »

Some person took my wing mirror off this afternoon and I didn't see it happen, only my mirror on the ground, was fine an hour previously. No doubt some half baked mother on the local school pickup. No note left of course (am I the only person who would do that these days????).

The mirror casing has taken some scratches and dents but it's in one piece, the wires are still together and the plastic clips all work. The glass is smashed into smithereenes and needs replacing.

Anyone got an idea of cost? Can I just replace the glass or do I need to do the whole thing.

I'm fuming  >:(
« Last Edit: 29 September 2006, 18:57:30 by RonaldMcBurger »

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
Re: oppsing arsehole drivers and new glass for mir
« Reply #1 on: 29 September 2006, 18:13:30 »

You can get the glass on its own.....it starts cheap and goes up in price as you add heaters and split sections......

STMO123

« Reply #2 on: 29 September 2006, 18:38:37 »

Is the glass smashed completely off the backing plate. A similar thing happened to me and I got a new glass with a really heavy duty peel-and-stick back on it. As long as there is enough of the original left, it works a treat.
I bought it from my local factors and it wasn't a one-size-fits-all jobbie, it was a perfect match for the old one.
Motormania I think the place was called

Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 29 September 2006, 18:56:23 »

Drivers or passengers side?
The Administrator.

Bo Bo

• Omega Baron
  • Coventry
  • Here's another nice mess you've gotten me into!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 29 September 2006, 18:57:11 »

Is the glass smashed completely off the backing plate. A similar thing happened to me and I got a new glass with a really heavy duty peel-and-stick back on it. As long as there is enough of the original left, it works a treat.
I bought it from my local factors and it wasn't a one-size-fits-all jobbie, it was a perfect match for the old one.
Motormania I think the place was called
I had to do the same, when some **** punched mine when England went out of the world cup, blood everywhere!
Where would we be without rhetorical questions?!

randomspam

• View Profile
Re: Bad drivers and new glass for mirror
« Reply #5 on: 29 September 2006, 19:24:29 »

thanks for the replies chaps, i'm beginning to calm down now at least.

The glass is complete, no shards on the ground but it's hugely cracked, spider web style. It's the drivers side and as it's police MV6 it's only electric movement, no heating or folding.

STMO123

« Reply #6 on: 29 September 2006, 19:46:45 »

thanks for the replies chaps, i'm beginning to calm down now at least.

The glass is complete, no shards on the ground but it's hugely cracked, spider web style. It's the drivers side and as it's police MV6 it's only electric movement, no heating or folding.

Stick on should work a treat then, although I guess theres a reason why laidback was asking which side? (ie, he may have one in his boot ;D)

Craig_R

• Omega Knight
  • Watford
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 29 September 2006, 20:18:35 »

same happened to me on my Facelift i think if i remember right its was not mega expensive to replace the mirror glass about £45 i think which is expensive when you think its just a small mirror.

I checked scrappies for a new piece of mirror glass but was told by most of them that they only sell the whole wing mirror not just the glass, I can see the sence in that.
One did say to me its easy to pop the glass on a meega why dont you just find a car the same as yours and swap over your glass for theirs and they will think they were bashed but i could never do that i would feel to guilty.

I was not happy when it happened to me as my wing mirrors were flipped in and it still got bashed by some blind plonker.

I still have not got around to replacing my Glass I can just see five of the same car in the passangers wing mirror :)

Craig
« Last Edit: 29 September 2006, 20:19:40 by CraigR »
Mod's
LPG, MV6 Dark Grey Leather, Carputer, Euro Grill, Rear Sun Blind,  Auto Dip Mirror, Cruise Control, AMP for Carputer
[To be Fitted]Reverse Sensors

Chopsdad

• Omega Baron
  • Bouncy Castle in Carlisle
  • Keep it clean!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 29 September 2006, 21:36:34 »

I replaced mine last year - glass only from Vauxhall stick & go.  Easy job & cost about £20. :'(
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o317/chopsdad/oof.jpg[/IMG]                                                       [img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albu

RonaldMcBurger

« Reply #9 on: 29 September 2006, 22:45:14 »

What colour is the mirror? I have a pair of silver Mv6 electric mirrors available. Slight crack in one of the plastics, but otherwise fine and working.

otherwise new glass. BUT, do NOT remove the old glass!!!!! Stick new one straight on top always.
« Last Edit: 29 September 2006, 22:46:01 by RonaldMcBurger »

Kev

• Omega Knight
  • Glasgow
  • .:The OmegaProject:.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 30 September 2006, 09:19:44 »

I replaced mine last year - glass only from Vauxhall stick & go.  Easy job & cost about £20. :'(
I thought these were available at Halfords, and for less than £20 too?  Even stock the smoked glass variety. Or at least they used to. :-?
OmegaProject.co.uk .:.  Fuelled with passion...
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/xthreezero/omegaproject/oof-sig.jpg[/IMG]
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 18 queries.