Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Tips Pease  (Read 2568 times)

omegaV6CD

• Intermediate Member
  • Darlington
    • View Profile
Tips Pease
« on: 09 October 2006, 21:01:33 »

Well, i believe you remember my last post about my vectra VXR test drive, i enjoyed it so much that i'm thinking of getting one brand new. Of course i know that it is not very clever thing to do investment wise, but i said to myself: stop spending money on your omega even if you love it, save up and get what you really want, at the end of the day you are abroad far from your family you might as well do it before you have kids. So i will try and get one in 8 months from now. I have never dealt with dealers before so i would appreciate your tips with regards to getting the best deal possible.
Thanks

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
Re: Tips Pease
« Reply #1 on: 09 October 2006, 21:46:34 »

Shop around and check the net....its a pity you dont have family who work for vaux as they have a partners scheme which is worth upto 18% off the new price......also try to get one at the end or early part of the year....you can often get last years spec at a very good price.

Either way you are looking for at last 10% off the list, plus consider ex demo etc....

....but remember this....you can get a good Monaro for the same price......

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
  • My spider senses are tingling
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09 October 2006, 21:49:45 »

Shop around and check the net....its a pity you dont have family who work for vaux as they have a partners scheme which is worth upto 18% off the new price......also try to get one at the end or early part of the year....you can often get last years spec at a very good price.

Either way you are looking for at last 10% off the list, plus consider ex demo etc....

I know which one I would go for ;)
Retired

omegaV6CD

• Intermediate Member
  • Darlington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09 October 2006, 21:54:40 »

Thanks a lot for that i appreciate it. On the net i found easidrive which sell preregistered cars to order for about 19k, Reg vardy would give me 1500£ for my car plus 2k off the list price which brought it down to 21. I donno if i can afford the Monaro never looked at them actually. I love the fact that they look like a 3door omega.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09 October 2006, 21:56:41 »

http://motors.search.ebay.co.uk/monaro_Cars_W0QQcatrefZC11QQfromZR8QQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQsacatZ9801

There ya go....more grunt... the right number of cylinders......'right' wheel drive......much better handling.......more refined.....

Del Boy

• Omega Queen
  • Kent, UK.
    • 2012 '62' BMW 730d MSport
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09 October 2006, 21:59:17 »

I'm agreed with mark on this the Veccy is luvly but its the big powerful brutal monaro 4 me :y
Drives: 2013 (13) BMW 530d M Sport Touring, 2011 '61' BMW 520d SE.

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 09 October 2006, 22:02:46 »

You just can't beat the sound of a V8 :y
Retired

RonaldMcBurger

« Reply #7 on: 09 October 2006, 22:10:17 »

I dunno. A V12 with no exhausts on sounds quite good. Also, A rolls Royce RB199 turbofan Torando engine makes quiet a buzz. Actually, ELO sounded quite reasonable in the 70's and a fish farting is also an unusual reverberation.

As for Tips. Never answer the phone whilst ironing (Girls only obviously). Also, never make wise cracks about the girls especially if they are ironing (as usual) - CRACK TO HEAD WITH MORPHY RICHARDS, Ooooouch!

Of course, when you take the medication i do, even a vauxhall omega squeeky door hinge sounds great. :o

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 09 October 2006, 22:11:56 »

I dunno. A V12 with no exhausts on sounds quite good. Also, A rolls Royce RB199 turbofan Torando engine makes quiet a buzz. Actually, ELO sounded quite reasonable in the 70's and a fish farting is also an unusual reverberation.

As for Tips. Never answer the phone whilst ironing (Girls only obviously). Also, never make wise cracks about the girls especially if they are ironing (as usual) - CRACK TO HEAD WITH MORPHY RICHARDS, Ooooouch!

Of course, when you take the medication i do, even a vauxhall omega squeeky door hinge sounds great. :o
I'd guess the tablets were strong long before I got to last paragraph  ;D
Grumpy old man

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 09 October 2006, 22:57:30 »

;D ;D ;D ;D
Retired

omegaV6CD

• Intermediate Member
  • Darlington
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 10 October 2006, 00:38:35 »

http://motors.search.ebay.co.uk/monaro_Cars_W0QQcatrefZC11QQfromZR8QQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQsacatZ9801

There ya go....more grunt... the right number of cylinders......'right' wheel drive......much better handling.......more refined.....

Thats a beauty, i would love it in black. Problem is that i would loose my licence easily due to using the side windows to see the road instead of the windscreen.

omegaV6CD

• Intermediate Member
  • Darlington
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 10 October 2006, 00:45:29 »

Speaking of V8's, check the link: http://www.v8power.nl/filmpjes.php click on the clip with the red vehicle and listen to the dragon being unleished doesn't sound as good as the iveco v8 but it is a good substitute.

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 10 October 2006, 09:28:56 »

I went to LeMans a few years back the best lads holiday I have ever had. The sound of the V10 and V12 going past like angry wasps then the Panoz V8 making everything that wasn't fixed down rattle. Fantastic :y
Retired

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 10 October 2006, 09:31:54 »

Theres a thought. Anyone up for Lemans next year?
Retired

bob.dent

• Omega Lord
  • Hertfordshire
  • Drives better than an Omega
    • Mondeo 2.0TDCI Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 10 October 2006, 09:58:06 »

Theres a thought. Anyone up for Lemans next year?

Now there's a thought, always fancied going to Le Mans so this could be a possibility :y
I HAVE THE BODY OF AN 18 YEAR OLD.......I KEEP IT IN THE FRIDGE!
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 18 queries.