Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 4 Disc CD players?  (Read 1092 times)

jim351

• Bognor Regis, West Sussex
    • View Profile
4 Disc CD players?
« on: 25 January 2010, 17:36:00 »

Hi all, i have just had an email back from Dave at DnD (thanks Dave) and he has given me the news that my CCR2006 cd part is fubar'd, so what i need to know is, is the 4 disc player the same one as fitted to other Vauxhall's, if so am i right in thinking i can split the ccr2006and fit the newer disc player to it? i take it the code is in the radio part too?

jim

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: 4 Disc CD players?
« Reply #1 on: 25 January 2010, 17:41:59 »

kind of.

The mechanical and main board of the CDC section of the ccr2006 is the same as all CDC3 based changers.  The I/O board is (relatively) unique to the headunit, and in case of double din Vx units, coded to HU.

You should be able to get another CDC3 and swap the I/O board.
Grumpy old man

jim351

• Bognor Regis, West Sussex
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 25 January 2010, 17:58:42 »

ok, i see what you mean, failing that if i get another complete unit is there different ones? what i mean is my car has Bose and ive seen these HU fitted to cars without Bose is there a difference in it or does it just need tech2 to sort? sorry if it sounds like a stupid question....

jim

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 25 January 2010, 17:59:40 »

ok, i see what you mean, failing that if i get another complete unit is there different ones? what i mean is my car has Bose and ive seen these HU fitted to cars without Bose is there a difference in it or does it just need tech2 to sort? sorry if it sounds like a stupid question....

jim
bose is normally a tech2 setting on those, but some 2006 are NOT bose-able.
Grumpy old man

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #4 on: 26 January 2010, 15:49:43 »

Hi all, i have just had an email back from Dave at DnD (thanks Dave) and he has given me the news that my CCR2006 cd part is fubar'd, so what i need to know is, is the 4 disc player the same one as fitted to other Vauxhall's, if so am i right in thinking i can split the ccr2006and fit the newer disc player to it? i take it the code is in the radio part too?

jim

Yes, you can swap over the entire lower CD mechanism from either an integrated stereo like the CCR2006 or similar, or from the single DIN CDC3 from the glovebox of the Astra. When you open them up, the vertical PCB on the right hand side is the one that is coded to your stereo, so you will need to transfer that board from your existing /dead CD into the replacement one and that will retain the codes and programming.

Torx T8, T10 and about 20 mins to do it.  :y
Radio & Decoding Technician
In Car Audio Service Department
www.dndservices.co.uk
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 18 queries.