Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2x NCDC 2013's on ebay  (Read 3392 times)

ffcgary1

• Omega Baron
  • Mitcham,Surrey.
  • I really must get my eyes seen to.
    • Omega Estate/ jaguar XJ6
    • View Profile
Re: 2x NCDC 2013's on ebay
« Reply #1 on: 29 January 2010, 18:33:18 »

I enquired to the seller to find out if they had been depaired from the cid  but the reply was ''dont know, how do you do that''?. So make your own mind up on these.
Gary. ::)
Elite leather, cruise control, 3.0ltr cams, gas flowed 3.0ltr inlet manifold, 4 bar fuel pressure regulator, rear side window demisters, rear electric windows. projectors /HID'S, h/l washers.
Jaguar XJ6

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 29 January 2010, 18:34:00 »

Sooo tempted to sell mine at those sorts of prices.

Neither says colour of mono screen, so guessing later
Grumpy old man

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 29 January 2010, 18:35:08 »

Sooo tempted to sell mine at those sorts of prices.

Neither says colour of mono screen, so guessing later

Nah, give one to me  8-)

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 29 January 2010, 18:57:00 »

I ought to think about selling mine as well!  ::)

feeutfo

« Reply #5 on: 29 January 2010, 19:16:55 »

so does that make 600 with a cid? another 100 for telematics is it? add nav disc, bose speakers and tm...hmmm... if only there was an up to date aftermarket/other head unit option with a dash mounted screen. I'd sell mine before the lasers go pop...

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 29 January 2010, 19:28:05 »

so does that make 600 with a cid? another 100 for telematics is it? add nav disc, bose speakers and tm...hmmm... if only there was an up to date aftermarket/other head unit option with a dash mounted screen. I'd sell mine before the lasers go pop...

Pioneer AVIC HD3 :y then downgrade the CID to a TID, fit an earlier stalk and add the minor bit of wiring.

Sell the NCDC/CID/Telematics/Speakers/Bose Amp and you'll break even!

Phil

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 30 January 2010, 08:30:59 »

If the unit is sold with the screen it doesnot need depairing if it is put back in a half canbus Vectra c/ Signum, they dont have a 'car pass code' like the CCR etc do.

HOWEVER the Vectra C/ Signum screen does not fit in the Omega.

The omega has buttons on the top to change the time and date in the dash with corresponding connections on the screen, Vectra C ones dont, also the housing is slightly different size and won't fit straight into an Omega dash

Add to that the screen multi plug on the GID is not the same on the Omega as it is on a Vectra C so you need a bit of loom and if its a colour screen you need the RGB (or whatever you call it) cable that goes from the head unit to the screen.

Apart from that, if you buy either of them and know someone with a Vectra C/ Signum you can drop them in and de-pair them in that car then re-pair the headunit and an Omega GID in an Omega.

If only someone on here owned a Signum with NCDC 2015, telematics and a CID that could be used to try this out  ::)
« Last Edit: 30 January 2010, 08:32:32 by Phil »

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 30 January 2010, 09:21:46 »

If the unit is sold with the screen it doesnot need depairing if it is put back in a half canbus Vectra c/ Signum, they dont have a 'car pass code' like the CCR etc do.

The omega has buttons on the top to change the time and date in the dash with corresponding connections on the screen, Vectra C ones dont, also the housing is slightly different size and won't fit straight into an Omega dash

Add to that the screen multi plug on the GID is not the same on the Omega as it is on a Vectra C so you need a bit of loom and if its a colour screen you need the RGB (or whatever you call it) cable that goes from the head unit to the screen.

Apart from that, if you buy either of them and know someone with a Vectra C/ Signum you can drop them in and de-pair them in that car then re-pair the headunit and an Omega GID in an Omega.

If only someone on here owned a Signum with NCDC 2015, telematics and a CID that could be used to try this out  ::)
Vectra-C CID is electrically different from Omega one.  On the Vectra-C, the screen is also a bridge between 2 of the 3 CAN buses.
Grumpy old man

feeutfo

« Reply #9 on: 30 January 2010, 09:52:29 »

Pioneer AVIC HD3 :y then downgrade the CID to a TID, fit an earlier stalk and add the minor bit of wiring.

Do you think so? car audio security do that hu for  £999.99, cheapest i can find, plus ipod cotrole, plus blutooth, and reversing camera is 200 if you want that option.  :o
...plus speakers of course, and an amp presumably?
« Last Edit: 30 January 2010, 10:02:02 by chrisgixer »

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 30 January 2010, 10:16:17 »

Vectra-C CID is electrically different from Omega one.  On the Vectra-C, the screen is also a bridge between 2 of the 3 CAN buses.

Early Vectra C doesn't have the 3 CAN buses IIRC. Think it was only the first year of production though  ::)
« Last Edit: 30 January 2010, 10:21:38 by VXL_V6 »

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 30 January 2010, 10:21:02 »

Do you think so? car audio security do that hu for  £999.99, cheapest i can find, plus ipod cotrole, plus blutooth, and reversing camera is 200 if you want that option.  :o
...plus speakers of course, and an amp presumably?

Unit is about £500 (less if you are lucky!) second hand which to my mind is like for like as the unit you are taking out is technically second hand!

Speakers are cheap enough from a breaker, granted though that you'd probably want to take the opportunity to put something better in than standard ones.

Ipod interface and bluetooth interface are options but then you'd need a parrot / nokia bluetooth kit to achieve the same on the NCDC. I'm guessing that there is an aux input and mute on the Pioneer anyway (Don't think any head unit manufacturer would skimp on this nowadays  :-/) so your phone kit would still be useable.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 18 queries.