Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My Daughter..update  (Read 2179 times)

Terbs

• Omega Lord
  • Brackley/Wareham
  • The Freezer Geezer
    • CD Saloon 2003
    • View Profile
My Daughter..update
« on: 16 October 2016, 20:24:29 »

Hi all...
You may remember a few weeks back I had a thread going about my daughter and a suspected illness called Labrynthitis. Originally admitted to the Horton (Banbury) then transferred to John Radcliffe (Oxford) for scans. Scans not done, no diagnosis given, and discharged home. She then spent weeks getting no better and being fobbed with all and sundry. She has since gone private, spoken to consultants, had all scans, etc. Also seen a Neurologist.
The diagnosis.....MS.
I could fill a page with her story of her treatment at JR. Absolutely despicable !!!!!!!! >:(
This is going to cost the private heath firm around £3000. But the way she was treated all through the procedures was second to none. At least we now know what is wrong and can now try to find a positive way forward.
I am not of the 'compensation' genre, but I think her treatment at JR needs looking into, and someone's arris given a big boot.

Wrong Switch Tony......flicking the wrong bit for 50 years

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
Re: My Daughter..update
« Reply #1 on: 16 October 2016, 20:28:08 »

very sad to hear that. At least you now have a diagnosis which is a plus.

Thoughts are with you for the times ahead.

The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

STEMO

« Reply #2 on: 16 October 2016, 20:31:13 »

So sorry for you daughter, Tony. At one of the times she was in greatest need, she is let down and, no doubt, distressed by a situation that shouldn't happen. Unfortunately, it seems to be very common these days.

Terbs

• Omega Lord
  • Brackley/Wareham
  • The Freezer Geezer
    • CD Saloon 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 16 October 2016, 20:34:58 »

In the words of my daughter, Steve..she has been to hell and back. However, she is taking a positive stand, and as she has been told, medication is now far advanced for this situation. Its not all bad, as she is now much better, and can do light work from home as PA to her boss, who is in China, so she does not have to attend the office. :y

Ever Ready

• Omega Knight
  • Scotland
    • 2.2 CD Auto, Pug 308Hdi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 16 October 2016, 20:35:09 »

She's lucky she has you in her corner fighting for her. :y :y :y
An ounce of experience is worth more than a pound of enthusiasm.

STEMO

« Reply #5 on: 16 October 2016, 20:41:48 »

Time to let rip.

BASTAAAAARRRRDS!!

That's better, sorry.  :-[

Terbs

• Omega Lord
  • Brackley/Wareham
  • The Freezer Geezer
    • CD Saloon 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 16 October 2016, 23:42:58 »

Time to let rip.

BASTAAAAARRRRDS!!

That's better, sorry.  :-[

Sorry Steve...I beat you to it, but offline ;)
If John Radcliffe had done their job, they would have seen the scan that showed light patches on her brain. But those bastards, did not scan and sent her home. She has been really ill, Christine has had to go and stay there so her hubby could work. My daughter is follows after me with sense of humour and stubbornness, but I was shocked when I saw her. She looked like death warmed up, could only walk if holding on to you, and then it was just a shuffle....
« Last Edit: 16 October 2016, 23:47:37 by terbert »

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 17 October 2016, 01:54:22 »

Very sorry to hear about the diagnosis of your daughter's MS. Since my dad got progressive MS at 50, MRI scans and the current generation of drugs have completely transformed lives, so it can be well controlled. Good to see you battling her corner as it is very important that she keeps on top of the diagnosis of any changes and the treatment.

Have a read of this: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3674122/How-beat-MS-17-years-diagnosed-doctor-symptom-free-thanks-simple-7-step-plan-experts-hail.html

Last week I had an appointment at Frimley Park hospital as a follow up from an MRI scan I had in April, it took me to the almost 18 week limit from my post scan referral to a neurologist. Where it made much more susceptible to MS where my dad had it and optical nerve problems are very often a first sign. My MRI scan does show some white spots in my brain, but these may have been caused from previous high blood pressure or my severe adverse reaction to last year's flu jab. The goods news is I don't have MS.

A life changing reaction to a flu jab affects 1 in a million to 1 in 2 million people that have it and the resultant NAION event in my right eye typically affects 2 in 100,000 of the population per year, so the odds of what has happened to me are 1 in 50bn to 1 in 100bn, so I'm probably, unfortunately, the only person on the planet in the last 12 months that has been through this combination of events.
« Last Edit: 17 October 2016, 02:07:02 by Rods2 »
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

ted_one

« Reply #8 on: 17 October 2016, 07:31:17 »

That's not good news Tony,and I think your family have an absolute right to pursue this matter until you receive a satisfactory explanation as to the failure in making a  correct diagnosis.Let's hope that your daughter gets the correct treatment from here on in and please wish her well from Carole and myself.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 17 October 2016, 11:49:27 »

Sorry to see this Tony, but at least you all know what the problem is now and can deal with it as a family.  That at least must be some relief.  :)

I've heard a couple of bad things about John Radcliffe Hospital.  A friend of my Mum's moved here from somewhere round your way a few years ago and had heart problems.  For some reason she refused to change to a local GP and hospital, and used to travel back for hospital appointments at JR. Her health gradually deteriorated and she stubbornly kept going to JR until she had heart failure and was rushed to Dorset County Hospital in Dorchester where they fitted a pacemaker.  Shes been right as rain ever since.  ::)  :y

Best wishes to you all!  :)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 19 October 2016, 21:12:24 »

Although the diagnosis could have been a better one at least now she and you know what you're fighting against which can be something of a relief.As has been said treatments these days are a whole lot better than in the past.I wish her well for the future.

Terbs

• Omega Lord
  • Brackley/Wareham
  • The Freezer Geezer
    • CD Saloon 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 20 October 2016, 10:49:35 »

Thanks to all for your kind words. We are all being positive about this, and carrying on with life now as normal. At least we have a diagnosis, and all the worry has lessened to a degree. I saw my daughter on Saturday, and she looked much better, so maybe, as the Nuerologist said, we could have a dormant period before any more attacks. Only time will tell.
I don't want to keep on about it, but I am disgusted at the NHS treatment (or lack of it) from JR, and we have to go private to get a result. >:(

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 20 October 2016, 11:45:01 »

Had to do the same myself not long ago with a close family member. A relatively simple and common problem, which caused immense suffering, was misdiagnosed for over two years until it became a very major problem. During the many emergency visits during this time, the treatment by some of the staff was nothing less than cruel, heartless and bordered on sadistic.
When the problem was finally diagnosed - by a junior doctor, and a simple ultrasound scan - they then came close to killing the family member when they tried to fix it.
Once I announced we were going private, the elusive doctor who was the expert in this field, but was never available, appeared on the ward within 5 minutes and said he would sort the whole thing out in 2 days time, which is what happened.
Its not a sacred cow. Its not the envy of the world any more. Its broken, and in my opinion, its not due to a shortage of funds.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 20 October 2016, 11:47:57 »

Can't really say anything but all the very best, and I hope all goes as well as it can from now on  :y
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 20 October 2016, 11:58:15 »

Had to do the same myself not long ago with a close family member. A relatively simple and common problem, which caused immense suffering, was misdiagnosed for over two years until it became a very major problem. During the many emergency visits during this time, the treatment by some of the staff was nothing less than cruel, heartless and bordered on sadistic.
When the problem was finally diagnosed - by a junior doctor, and a simple ultrasound scan - they then came close to killing the family member when they tried to fix it.
Once I announced we were going private, the elusive doctor who was the expert in this field, but was never available, appeared on the ward within 5 minutes and said he would sort the whole thing out in 2 days time, which is what happened.
Its not a sacred cow. Its not the envy of the world any more. Its broken, and in my opinion, its not due to a shortage of funds.

Arthritis runs deep in my family  :(
We all have it in one shape or another.
My mother has it in her fingers / knuckle joints which was wrongly diagnosed for a good 10 years by the quack  >:(
Arthritis in a lot of cases is caused by the bodies immune system attacking its own body by mistake.
So the quacks in there great wisdom pumped her full for years with drugs to supress her immune system.
Eventually, they got around to diagnosing her illness properly and it seems they was pumping her for of the wrong drugs  >:(
a side affect of this is her immune system is now pretty much oppsed and she picks up every infection going  :'(
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 21 queries.