Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: £8 Dash Cam, with example footage  (Read 2908 times)

ted_one

Re: £8 Dash Cam, with example footage
« Reply #15 on: 19 October 2016, 18:10:00 »

Also now have these in all the cars.....cheap as chips, and as you say not to bad performance for the money. Put them in 'to late' after swmbo got rammed by a BMW reversing at speed on her side of the road, and although stationary and sounding her horn he managed to damage her car so badly it took 5 weeks to repair it,and she got a knock for knock decision because the other driver said she drove into him, and although there was a witness she suddenly was never available to speak to the  wife's insurance company who were less than helpful over the whole situation. Car driver ....retard, insurance company limp wristed lazy retards ::)

Mr.OmegaMan

• Omega Baron
  • Middle of nowhere
    • 3.2 Elite , CLS500
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 19 October 2016, 18:21:09 »

Got Transcend DrivePro 200 dash cams front and rear very clear picture, can see number plates easy, Decent low light picture quality also. That's one thing to consider this time of year you'll need to have a dash cam that works good enough. Granted the rear camera is almost useless in the dark but the front is very good especially with the HIDs lighting the road.

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 19 October 2016, 18:35:48 »

Mine sits behind the rear view mirror and is not visible from the driving position. It does have a small screen built in, like a digital camera, and the purpose of this is so that if you are involved in an incident you can remove it from the vehicle and use it as a digital camera to keep all of the evidence in one place. Most would just take piccies on their phone though.  ::)
It has shock function, so it records instantly if the car gets hit while parked up, night vision and auto save in the event of a collision. Obviously you can save bits manually so they don't get overwritten.
In reality, you just fit and forget, as they start automatically with the ignition. The bad language on mine is atrocious when played back, I never realised that I curse other drivers for their mistakes so often.  ;D
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 21 queries.