Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: omega speakers  (Read 2715 times)

tyreburner

• bedlington - northumberland
  • It werent a mig but boy was it fast!!!!! R.I.P
    • View Profile
omega speakers
« on: 19 January 2007, 15:09:40 »

ok have got sound yay!!!!! BUT it appears all the speakers run off one earth is this correct please?
also any simple solution or do i run speaker wires up the car straight from the h/u to the butchered wires from my poor philips amp?
cheers
mick
"well at least I'm lucky I don't have all the power in the world so I can't opps everything else up."

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
Re: omega speakers
« Reply #1 on: 19 January 2007, 15:35:15 »

The speakers are driven by bridge amps so need seperate pos and neg feeds each (because in reality neither are 0V!)

tyreburner

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 19 January 2007, 15:44:35 »

The speakers are driven by bridge amps so need seperate pos and neg feeds each (because in reality neither are 0V!)

eh too technical terminology  :-[

i thought i had answered my own question by virtue of the fact i have cut the amp out of the equation now so if i run 4 lenghts of speaker cable to the back of the car and connect each to the correct pairs of speaker wires at the back of h/u it would be hey presto???

then was gonna cut the meega plug out and use the one that came with radio( only plug on one end) and just connect live and earth and headlight dim wires up ?
or even run my own live from the battery ..

so been and got the black and nasty and was gonna go out and test me new soldering iron lol

will this work?
mick
« Last Edit: 19 January 2007, 15:45:19 by tyreburner »
"well at least I'm lucky I don't have all the power in the world so I can't opps everything else up."

tyreburner

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 19 January 2007, 18:13:47 »

well phase one complete cut four lengths of oxygen free speaker cable ( hopefully to the right length!) and soldered them to the new plug then taped them all into a mini loom ready to run through the car but alas rain and darkness have stopped me today.
so first thing, come rain, shine or snow i will be fitting it and let you know how it goes and putting pic up of me mini loom (lol am soooo proud of it took bloody ages wrapping it up!)
will even be able post the colours of the wires for each speaker including the 2 in back shelf
but not sub thing as havent bothered gonna fit me own!

nobody will want any of this info i know but i am chuffed i will actually know something!!

tyreburner

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 21 January 2007, 09:31:57 »

done it!
sounds mint . have run speaker wires from the h/unit to the rear of the car and connected to the speaker wires from the old amp , so have removed the old amp and sounds bloody good. when i got it it had a kenwood h/u in and worked but there was some distortion or over modulating from the speakers and now i know why .... as people said on here its due to the amp, also got me sub and amp in which sounds really good and am thinking of wiring the 2 bass speaker things in back shelf to the amp aswell .although dont know as bass sounds right for the car.... think for my birthday though am gonna get meself a vibe thingy like hers as its cracking

could have probably ran wire to each speaker but i didnt wanna remove door cards and all i had do was tape four lengths of speaker wire together and put em in same place!

now gotta work out how to remove alternator so i can perform  the how to on repairing it!
« Last Edit: 21 January 2007, 11:35:52 by tyreburner »

Hillper

• Intermediate Member
  • Aylesbury
  • Werthers. Winter, too hard.  Summer, too soft.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 21 January 2007, 09:57:59 »

Nice work!

Actually, this question does come up from time to time.

I think it would be an excellent idea to do a guide for this.  
Mods.  'Hillper boot release'.  Dimming mirror.  Cruise control. Rear parking sensors.  Becker/Rockford Fosgate/Infinity/Alpine audio.

tyreburner

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 21 January 2007, 11:12:42 »

if its something useful then i will have a go... if nothing else will make me feel i have contributed to the site when i am asking for all the help  :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 21 January 2007, 11:15:21 »

if its something useful then i will have a go... if nothing else will make me feel i have contributed to the site when i am asking for all the help  :y
:y
Grumpy old man

Hillper

• Intermediate Member
  • Aylesbury
  • Werthers. Winter, too hard.  Summer, too soft.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 23 January 2007, 23:48:35 »

Thanks for the guide Mick!
Mods.  'Hillper boot release'.  Dimming mirror.  Cruise control. Rear parking sensors.  Becker/Rockford Fosgate/Infinity/Alpine audio.

Essex_Andy

• Have a guess?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 18 February 2007, 10:12:18 »

now gotta work out how to remove alternator so i can perform  the how to on repairing it!

If its the same as the 2.5 V6...remove ram air pipework....remove secondary air feed pipe...drop of aux belt..thats the easy bit and takes minutes.

Now the fun bit....

Need to jack up the drivers side and I used 3/8 drive extension and a short T bar to get onto the top bolt....I feeded the extension bar along the top of starter motor and then managed to get the torx socket on the top bolt head then fitted the T-bar onto the extension......its easier to have the nut at the pulley end on the top bolt and nut on the gearbox end on the bottom bolt....its another git of a job and I managed to do it in the dark with a mini mag light in my mouth.

Oh how I enjoyed it
If an artic overtakes you, you're driving too slow!!!!!!!!!!!

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 18 February 2007, 11:27:29 »

and I managed to do it in the dark with a mini mag light in my mouth.

Oh how I enjoyed it

You want one of these then!  ;) You look like a miner but they give you the use of both hands with the dental bill.  :y

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 21 queries.