Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Back to Vx  (Read 2757 times)

MaxV6

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford UK
  • Give me 6 cylinders and i'm happy.
    • 2.2SportPremium Jag est
    • View Profile
    • Work related forums....
Back to Vx
« on: 25 March 2017, 23:25:01 »

Due to being slightly short of the purchase price of an XF sport brake, (being a fussy idiot I wanted a nice one,  with R-sport bits,  under 40k miles, and with jag approved 2 year warranty....  but instead I had to bail out my daughter on her council tax and rent....   to the tune of  three grand....    )   , I just bought a Insignia SRI CDTI Nav , 2.0 , 170PS 6 speed manual   ....   nearly new ,  (under 12 months old, under 10k miles,  from networkQ main VX dealer,  with over 5 years worth of full backed warranty ,  2 from vx, 3 from netQ / dealer  scheme....   with upgrades.... 

So....    Hello Boys......  I'm back from the land of Jaguar....

or nearly....    I'll collect it from dealer in about a week or so.....  once they've done the changes I asked for , and serviced it and so on.....  (and I can only get over to them on saturdays as I now have a day job.....    like normal people do ..... so i'm told....   ) 

pictures will come when I get my grubby mitts on it
« Last Edit: 25 March 2017, 23:26:39 by MaxV6 »
If I haven't broken it yet, I soon will.
"The 4th Rule of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light.

pscocoa

• Omega Baron
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • Volvo V90 D5 AWD
    • View Profile
Re: Back to Vx
« Reply #1 on: 25 March 2017, 23:36:30 »

Good luck with it. Did the same as you when buying Insignia Tourer over 4 years ago and still going really well. Ours was 7000 miles, few months old, Insignia Elite Auto. Only complaint is heavy tyre usage and my wife's driving which should not be inflicted on any vehicle
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://[/img]

Ever Ready

• Omega Knight
  • Scotland
    • 2.2 CD Auto, Pug 308Hdi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 26 March 2017, 08:39:18 »

Nearly new is just as good and a hell of a lot cheaper. :y :y :y
An ounce of experience is worth more than a pound of enthusiasm.

STEMO

« Reply #3 on: 26 March 2017, 09:12:47 »

Oh yes. When people say their new car is worth £18000, it isn't. It's worth £15000 + VAT.

Ever Ready

• Omega Knight
  • Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 26 March 2017, 11:26:23 »

Oh yes. When people say their new car is worth £18000, it isn't. It's worth £15000 + VAT.
Once it's their car it's worth much less :)

Buy a new car and lose a fortune as you drive it out the garage

MaxV6

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 26 March 2017, 11:35:42 »

and the Navi900 system and Onstar thingy seem interesting, although i reckon £20 is a bit steep for the amount of data vodafone let it have.....   but the onstar service , at 90 a year inc vat, actually seems pretty good....   haven't decided whether to get the data pack.....  after all, i have data on the phone.....   lots of it .... and it's vastly cheaper....  will see.....  need to read manuals and check out what it's worth getting it for.....   no longer have hordes of children to entertain, so no need to stream movies on 4g..... 

as the warranty is transferable, and it's very low miles,   it should hold a fair bit of it's value for a little while,  so If i hate it,  hopefully i won't lose too much....

i'l be honest,  i ended up spending more than i wanted to, (£15k)  on a car i don't really want  ( i WANT AN XF SPORT BRAKE<  LET ME BE UTTERLY CLEAR !!!) it's only due to constant need to support  a son at Uni, and regular bailing out of two other "independent" daughters (both single mothers, thru no fault of their own )  that i'm five to ten grand short on the price of the car I want....  and i refuse to borrow.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 26 March 2017, 11:51:21 »

and the Navi900 system and Onstar thingy seem interesting, although i reckon £20 is a bit steep for the amount of data vodafone let it have.....   but the onstar service , at 90 a year inc vat, actually seems pretty good....   haven't decided whether to get the data pack.....  after all, i have data on the phone.....   lots of it .... and it's vastly cheaper....  will see.....  need to read manuals and check out what it's worth getting it for.....   no longer have hordes of children to entertain, so no need to stream movies on 4g..... 

as the warranty is transferable, and it's very low miles,   it should hold a fair bit of it's value for a little while,  so If i hate it,  hopefully i won't lose too much....

i'l be honest,  i ended up spending more than i wanted to, (£15k)  on a car i don't really want  ( i WANT AN XF SPORT BRAKE<  LET ME BE UTTERLY CLEAR !!!) it's only due to constant need to support  a son at Uni, and regular bailing out of two other "independent" daughters (both single mothers, thru no fault of their own )  that i'm five to ten grand short on the price of the car I want....  and i refuse to borrow.

I do like these especially in XFR-S guise as it would have to be petrol. :D

Having said that the Insignia estate  that you have bought is far better looking than the saloon. :y
« Last Edit: 26 March 2017, 11:53:09 by Doctor Opti »

Ever Ready

• Omega Knight
  • Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 26 March 2017, 11:58:00 »

Sounds familiar Max, if only we didn't have to support ''children'' we could buy new toys as and when it suited. ;D

Two at university and grand kids now too :) :)

STEMO

« Reply #8 on: 26 March 2017, 13:42:36 »

How do you get pregnant through no fault of your own?  ;D

TD

• Omega Knight
  • Swindon
    • Nowt!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 27 March 2017, 17:44:32 »

How do you get pregnant through no fault of your own?  ;D

Well they could if both males lied about having the 'snip' so no protection necessary, I guess . Tho I think maybe Max means they are single because their partners have done a runner (or god forbid, maybe died) after a kiddie popped out :-\

MaxV6

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 01 April 2017, 01:26:00 »

worthless good for nothing  partners....

i wish they had died......   frankly....  then i would't spend half my time wandering around wanting to kill them,

will add that both single mums also work,  although that is proving difficult for one of them as her child care has just been blown out of the water.....   neither are lazy dole claiming council house grabbing targets of the daily mail and conservative government....  but only by the skin of their teeth and exhausting amounts of hard work,  from us grandparents as well as them....

but yes....  the "fathers"   need terminating with extreme prejudice....     they're the reason I'm not driving a Jag XF sport brake....    one bailed out without telling anyone that he had;t been paying the rent or gas bill so he could fund his deposit on his own flat.....       i note....   taking HER money ,   for half the rent.....   and NOT paying ANY rent.....    anyone got a clue as to who got the bill when he scarpered ???

have a wild guess......  it's not someone driving an xf sport brake....

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 22 queries.