Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Where is Rods 2?  (Read 6155 times)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
Re: Where is Rods 2?
« Reply #45 on: 24 March 2019, 18:08:40 »

No Lizzie, I wasn't asking anyone who voted a particular way to explain their voting. Just making an observation that the reasons why people voted remain were never analysed to death like the reasons leave was.

I think you are right Varche and neither have the consequences of voting remain (or if indeed we end up staying in after all this) been examined either. ::)  I follow a facebook group, Devon For Europe and there are many on there for whom the EU is like a religion and get quite shirty if you dare critisise the EU.  ::)  I started a poll and the question was: Looking to the future if we end up remaining in the EU, which I think we will. Should the UK show solidarity with our European friends by giving up the rebate, joining the Euro and the Schengen zone?  There were 142 responses of which 73% said No. 

Personally I think that's pretty naive and think had we voted to remain, we'd have come under pressure to give up the rebate and join the Euro etc, but I think that if we end up staying in losing the rebate and taking the Euro in the not too distant future is inevitable. Not only that, but I think that the only way that the Euro can survive long term, is if all members of the EU join up, there is a common fiscal policy and mutualisation of national debts.  The Germans won't like the last bit, but will go for it if everyone does as, the Euro has been good for Germany.  ;)

Good point about the losses in the Civil War.  maybe that is the solution..... have a war.  :-[ There hasn't been one for about a year. Minister for War Dept Michael Gove anyone.

The EU have already caused a war in Ukraine and probably came close to causing a civil war in Greece!  ::)  Not to mention here!  ;D

Pardon :o :o

Do you not think Russia caused the main reason for it? ??? ???

No it was Ukraine signing the EU Association agreement that led to Russia's annexation of the Crimea and the invasion of Eastern Ukraine.   ::)

The EU should have kept their noses out of Putin's backyard, as I'd have thought that anyone with half a brain would have seen that Russia would react negatively towards a major country within their sphere of influence being lured away.  ;)

They could have offered Ukraine a FTA and encouraged them to look East and West, rather than the Association Agreement which is a step towards full membership, and gives the EU power and control over Ukraines affairs.  ::)

I'm not justifying Russia's actions though, just giving the reasons as I see it.  :)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 24 March 2019, 18:14:21 »

No Lizzie, I wasn't asking anyone who voted a particular way to explain their voting. Just making an observation that the reasons why people voted remain were never analysed to death like the reasons leave was.

I think you are right Varche and neither have the consequences of voting remain (or if indeed we end up staying in after all this) been examined either. ::)  I follow a facebook group, Devon For Europe and there are many on there for whom the EU is like a religion and get quite shirty if you dare critisise the EU.  ::)  I started a poll and the question was: Looking to the future if we end up remaining in the EU, which I think we will. Should the UK show solidarity with our European friends by giving up the rebate, joining the Euro and the Schengen zone?  There were 142 responses of which 73% said No. 

Personally I think that's pretty naive and think had we voted to remain, we'd have come under pressure to give up the rebate and join the Euro etc, but I think that if we end up staying in losing the rebate and taking the Euro in the not too distant future is inevitable. Not only that, but I think that the only way that the Euro can survive long term, is if all members of the EU join up, there is a common fiscal policy and mutualisation of national debts.  The Germans won't like the last bit, but will go for it if everyone does as, the Euro has been good for Germany.  ;)

Good point about the losses in the Civil War.  maybe that is the solution..... have a war.  :-[ There hasn't been one for about a year. Minister for War Dept Michael Gove anyone.

The EU have already caused a war in Ukraine and probably came close to causing a civil war in Greece!  ::)  Not to mention here!  ;D

No it was Ukraine signing the EU Association agreement that led to Russia's annexation of the Crimea and the invasion of Eastern Ukraine.   ::)

The EU should have kept their noses out of Putin's backyard, as I'd have thought that anyone with half a brain would have seen that Russia would react negatively towards a major country within their sphere of influence being lured away.  ;)

They could have offered Ukraine a FTA and encouraged them to look East and West, rather than the Association Agreement which is a step towards full membership, and gives the EU power and control over Ukraines affairs.  ::)

I'm not justifying Russia's actions though, just giving the reasons as I see it.  :)

Good points made there Sir Tigger :y :y

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 24 March 2019, 18:25:52 »

...........and thinking about your answer further, I have to say that is the danger of a group of countries agreeing an unfavourable "agreement" that affects one single country.  Echoes of history; echoes of the dreadful Versailes Treaty that led to WW2 :( :(

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 24 March 2019, 18:30:55 »

Spot on Sir Tigger.  :y
Furthermore, the EU sponsored and supported the protesters who overthrew the elected Ukraine President. He may have been corrupt and friendly towards Putin, but he was elected all the same.
The game was kind of given away by the fact that all the protesters had the same brand new jackets, tents etc. indicating that someone was paying to buy them in industrial quantities.
This was during the tenure of Cathy Ashton as EU foreign minister (or some similar job title).
She started out as Treasurer of CND - refusing to say if they had taken money from the Soviets,
She rose without trace  during the Blair years. never stood for election to any post, served in many positions on the UK gravy train, then ended up in the Lords where she was given the job of steering the Lisbon treaty through the chamber. Her reward for this from McRuin, was to be given a very long holiday from the lords in Brussels for as many years as suited her, where Blair expected her to prepare the ground for him to become President of Europe.
It didn't quite work out for him (yet) but she ended up in a very senior position where she earned more than the President of the U.S. while she blundered her way around Europe and came close to starting WW3 in the process.
An utterly disgraceful  and useless woman, but very typical of the elite who run the show in the Western world these days.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 24 March 2019, 20:34:50 »

It was the primary cause but the EU was a contributory factor & the trigger point, but in all honesty where Yanukovych was working hard to be a Putin mini-me & won the election with the help of Paul Manafort dirty tricks who was also Trump's campaign manager! Yanukovych was stealing too much in every sector of Ukraine to last the distance, but as Putin's man this was never going to end well with the electorate on Maiden forcing him out after his putin mini-me order to open fire & kill the Heavenly Hundred.

Paul Manafort for his corruption is now doing over 7 years inside as a convicted criminal. He tried to minimise his jail time by cutting a deal with Mueller that fell apart through lying. Over 7 years bird, I guess, is better than flying like a bird from a 7th floor hotel window where he has worked with Putin for too long, knows too much, & self preservation stops him talking about things that would upset his boss. :-[ :o 7 years is just the starter sentence as his collusion sentence is likely to be much longer & in all likelihood he will die in jail.

Putin declared Cold War 2.0 with the 2008 invasion of Georgia & the west has been slow to respond to the challenge. And respond we must when an unofficial war has been declared or by default we lose. Europe has done better than the US & some European countries much better than others, including the UK. He has already got his man in the White House & is steadily doing the same in Europe with both parties in Government in Greece, the same in Italy, he has loaned money to Le Pens party & she spouts his deza., is closely aligned with the Czech & Hungarian presidents, with AfD & the Social Democrats in Germany & has influence over UKIP which is why they have always voted against EU Russian sanction in the EU Parliament. He has his influences in the EU but considers them & NATO after the US as his major threats & he is trying hard to split US & Europe over NATO & the to speed up the failure & breakup of the EU (which will happen anyway without his help, but he may accelerate the process a bit). He biggest hope of getting his man installed in the UK is his Czech paid Soviet era Agent Comrade Corbyn. >:( >:( >:(
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

STEMO

« Reply #50 on: 24 March 2019, 21:54:56 »

Mueller does not find any evidence of collusion between Trump's camp and Russia according to Attorney general Barr. Oh well, Rods, never mind.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 25 March 2019, 09:30:25 »

mullered
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 25 March 2019, 11:43:14 »

the part that puzzles me though, is mar 29th,by law we leave then ,and its also eu law, plus the queen has signed it off,god bless her, so surely they cannot delay it as its actual law?in fact its a ratified treaty!

Parliament can not, legally, change the UK Withdrawal Act in order to delay the UK departure beyond the 29th March 2019 with a ‘Statutory Instrument’ but will actually need a FULL ACT of Parliament to do so, because the withdrawal act is not merely a law but a TREATY!

That would mean going through both houses back and forth in the next 6 days... not going to happen!

Any extension is illegal, non binding, unconstitutional, and parliamentary prerogative powers cannot be used in this way under the law. The LAW needs to be enforced by those, who are not only the makers, but also the protectorate of it!

We WILL be leaving at 11pm on 29th March

There's an interesting article in the Telegraph today by Martin Howe QC who argues that the way Theresa May has gone about securing the A50 extension is unconstitutional.  He says that Parliament should have voted on the Statutory Instrument that allows the extension before the letter was sent to Donald Tusk and the extension was agreed with the EU. The precedent was set by the Gina Miller case which denied the government the use of prerogative powers to trigger the A50 period in the first place.  ;)

It's a technicality really though and as they're all running around like headless chickens at the moment....  ::)

The article if anyone is interested is behind a paywall on the Telegraph's site, but if you poke about you'll find it copied somewhere.  :)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 25 March 2019, 21:41:18 »

Mueller does not find any evidence of collusion between Trump's camp and Russia according to Attorney general Barr. Oh well, Rods, never mind.

AG hand picked by Trump to try & save his skin, who would have guessed this reaction. ::) ::) ::) A good judge will be if the republicans allow the publishing of the full report. Mueller has been invited to testify before congress which he has accepted. Mueller was basically the coordinator of the investigation which has now been handed over to a large number of federal & state teams to investigate further, indite & convict. If the evidence comes from intelligence sources then there has to be a trade off of prosecution v protection of intelligence sources. Traditionally protection of sources has always been a much higher priority than prosecutions. Spooks that have seen the evidence have inferred there is enough, if it can be used, to put him away for the rest of his life. So all in all it is now a wait & see game to see how things proceed from here. Mobster Trump & his clan are guilty of many crimes & the reopening of the convicted pedophile Epstein investigation for corruption of a Florida state prosecutor is now an ongoing case again where they thought they had got away with their crimes from going to his parties.

NY prosecutors office are still investigating Trump's numerous financial crimes including his bogus charitable foundation, which they shut a couple of months a go where it was being used as a vehicle for tax evasion. How much Trump gets away with will also depend upon his choices for replacing over 90 judges including having a republican majority on the Supreme Court.
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 21 queries.