Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Re: What you reckon to this MV6 ?  (Read 5207 times)

jemis

• Teesside
    • View Profile
Re: What you reckon to this MV6 ?
« Reply #15 on: 01 May 2009, 00:07:49 »

The owner told me that he has a couple of guys from Ireland interested in it..He said they were coming over this weekend..A guy from Ireland bought my last MV6.

Angie x

Funny you should say that a guy from ireland bought my last mv6 aswell.

Pete Elite

• Omega Knight
  • Uxbridge, Middlesex
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 01 May 2009, 01:11:24 »

He says he's a Vehicle Technician an yet says this, and i quote.

"Cambelt not due for another 25'000 miles. This was carried out by Monorep Vauxhall Main Dealer, because it was cheaper to pay them than buy the tools and belt kit!"

:-?.

smartrs

• out in the sticks
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 01 May 2009, 04:52:53 »

that car is up on ebay too

m1ct

• Intermediate Member
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 01 May 2009, 09:20:58 »

I don`t want to offend anyone but why did he put IRMSCHER in his add if it`s only got the grill? Tinted rear units? Don`t really set the car off.. When I saw `irmscher` i expect the bodykit and clicked link right away ::)
And there`s nothing wrong with auto boxes- convenient in traffic:)

Pedro

« Reply #19 on: 01 May 2009, 12:03:47 »

He says he's a Vehicle Technician an yet says this, and i quote.

"Cambelt not due for another 25'000 miles. This was carried out by Monorep Vauxhall Main Dealer, because it was cheaper to pay them than buy the tools and belt kit!"

:-?.

I'd have done the same - not that I beleive that statement...........if he is a techie, then he'd have access to the tools etc, surely?

Put me off not having the rest of the Irmscher kit, although the front bumper and grille would have sufficed for me. ;)

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 01 May 2009, 13:54:52 »

Real sad part is...... would you trust your average VX dealer to do a V6 cambelt? I'm not saying they can't do it, more that it depends which tech's are working on the day.

damon80

• Wigan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 01 May 2009, 14:02:24 »

It's a bit unfair to tar them all with the same brush - my local dealer is bang-on, and they have a genuine affection for Miggy's there.  Each time I go, the tech's always say "Best car we've ever made them"

AndyVXR300

• Omega Knight
  • Astra VXR it's a way of life
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 01 May 2009, 14:18:00 »

I don`t want to offend anyone but why did he put IRMSCHER in his add if it`s only got the grill? Tinted rear units? Don`t really set the car off.. When I saw `irmscher` i expect the bodykit and clicked link right away ::)
And there`s nothing wrong with auto boxes- convenient in traffic:)

Why not  ;D ;D ;D
WWW.VXRONLINE.CO.UK

Missy_MV6

« Reply #23 on: 01 May 2009, 15:16:50 »

The car is now sold ................Yet another one going over to Ireland ::)

Angie x

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 01 May 2009, 15:41:33 »

It's a bit unfair to tar them all with the same brush - my local dealer is bang-on, and they have a genuine affection for Miggy's there.  Each time I go, the tech's always say "Best car we've ever made them"

Yes, wasn't trying to say they are all the same, more that as it's a) an engine that stoppped production in 2004 (so youngest examples are 5 years old hence many new techs aren't trained on them and b) everything at a dealership is done to a set time.

As you quite rightly say, some dealers are excellent.... which of course means some aren't!

damon80

• Wigan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 01 May 2009, 22:49:04 »

Yes, wasn't trying to say they are all the same, more that as it's a) an engine that stoppped production in 2004 (so youngest examples are 5 years old hence many new techs aren't trained on them and b) everything at a dealership is done to a set time.

As you quite rightly say, some dealers are excellent.... which of course means some aren't!

Sorry bud - didn't mean it to sound like I was getting on yer case or anything!  :y

I do know what you mean - and there are certainly a couple of dealers within a 20-mile radius of here which I'd never never NEVER venture anywhere near, based on past experience...  :-X

tmx

• Omega Baron
  • Herefordshire
    • 3.2 MV6 2002
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 02 May 2009, 00:01:30 »

Scrap omegas are even going for export!

damon80

• Wigan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 02 May 2009, 00:22:46 »

Well, I think there's somthing afoot...

When I sold my last ex-plod Miggy on eBay, an Irish bloke came over to look at it an offered me cash on the spot - I declined seeing as he offered me 500quid less than I was looking for it.

And when I was selling my Saab Turbo (on AutoTrader this time), a bloke from Belfast phoned me wanting to do a deal there and then over the phone - again I declined, because it sounded a little iffy to me (offered full asking price plus more besides, as long as I drove it to Birkenhead docks for him to pick up - the alarm bells started ringed for some reason, probably totally unfounded, but I wasn't willing to take the risk seeing a bloke from t'other side of Wigan was on his way to view it, who did happen to buy it).

Both these cars were advertised before the Pound vs Euro went into freefall - what gives?  :(  :(

Missy_MV6

« Reply #28 on: 03 May 2009, 12:38:36 »

The guy with the Omega told me that the Irish lads are buying Omegas,Carltons,and using them for drifting :-/

Angie x

tmx

• Omega Baron
  • Herefordshire
    • 3.2 MV6 2002
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 03 May 2009, 13:28:36 »

look your car model up on the Irish auto trader http://www.autotrader.ie/contentv3/

and all will be revealed :y :y

ie a BMW E46 320D Tourer from 2004 with 80k in this country is worth around £7000 if its top spec or high spec in ireland this same car will cost £16000!!!!!!! so you can see why theyre doing it!
« Last Edit: 03 May 2009, 13:40:22 by tmx »
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 22 queries.