Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Doing my head in..  (Read 1442 times)

Nickbat

Doing my head in..
« on: 31 May 2007, 10:55:21 »

Can't decide which one to go after:

2002 02 Reg VAUXHALL Omega 2.6 V6 24v CD
4 Doors, Automatic, Saloon, Petrol, 18,430 miles, Metallic Grey, 2 Owners. ABS, Adjustable seats, Adjustable steering column/wheel, Alloy wheels, Climate Control, Computer, Driver airbag, Electric mirrors, Electric windows, Foglights, Front armrest, Electrically adjustable seats, Head restraints, Heated seats, Lumbar support, Immobiliser, Passenger airbag, Power assisted steering, Rear armrest, Remote locking, Roof rails, Side airbags, Radio/CD, Rear headrests, Traction control, Air conditioning, Anti theft system, Central locking, Child locks, Heated screen, Leather upholstery, Metallic paintwork, Multi function steering wheel. Insurance Group:15,

Only serviced once in 5 years. Been semi-laid up by the sound of it. But apparently "smells like a new car". Not available until late next week, some distance from me.

OR

2002 02 Reg VAUXHALL Omega 206 V6 24v CDX
4 Doors, Automatic, Saloon, 70,000 miles, Metallic Silver, 2 Owners. 4 Electric Windows, CD Player, Central Door Locking, Dealer Facilities, Dual Air Bags, Electric Adjustable Mirror, Just Serviced, Long Mot, Service History, ABS, Air conditioning, Alloy wheels, Climate Control, Electric sunroof, Leather upholstery.

Just been serviced 1,000 miles ago, including coolant and brake fluid change. Nice lip spoiler. Available now locally.

Both same price bracket.

If I wait for the first one, I might lose the second one.

Decisions, decisions.  ::) ::) ::)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
Re: Doing my head in..
« Reply #1 on: 31 May 2007, 11:08:50 »

I'd go for the first one. The history might be less than ideal but I'd be less concerned about that than an extra 52,000 miles. Maybe one or two toys missing but they can be retro-fitted in most cases. Give it new fluids and filters all round and a cam belt change and it'll be fine.

Mine looks to have been laid up for about 18 months before I purchased it (wasn't taxed and tested) and it doesn't seem to have faired badly. Handbrake is a bit rubbish, so I suspect that may need some TLC, and I guess air con systems can be iffy if not used regularly.

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 31 May 2007, 11:11:04 »

Just another thought. If no.1 is a fair way away from you is there any mileage in getting a forum member who's close to it to pop over and have a look?

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Nickbat

« Reply #3 on: 31 May 2007, 11:11:33 »

Just noticed that the first one has "roof rails". Thought these were only available on the estate, yet the ad says saloon (haven't seen a piccie, yet).

Might need to give the chap a ring a bit later.

Nickbat

« Reply #4 on: 31 May 2007, 11:18:34 »

Just spoke to the guy and it doesn't have roof rails - that was a mistake in the ad.

ians

• Omega Baron
  • Reading
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 31 May 2007, 16:54:16 »

When was the change from first to second owner?  If recent it maybe there are problems and he's now trying to flog it.

Also - no history+very low miles = obvious alarms..  I'm sure you're alert.

I wouldn't be worried about 70k miles on that one if its been looked after but obviously less bits.

miggy

« Reply #6 on: 31 May 2007, 16:55:02 »

Can't decide which one to go after:

2002 02 Reg VAUXHALL Omega 2.6 V6 24v CD
4 Doors, Automatic, Saloon, Petrol, 18,430 miles, Metallic Grey, 2 Owners. ABS, Adjustable seats, Adjustable steering column/wheel, Alloy wheels, Climate Control, Computer, Driver airbag, Electric mirrors, Electric windows, Foglights, Front armrest, Electrically adjustable seats, Head restraints, Heated seats, Lumbar support, Immobiliser, Passenger airbag, Power assisted steering, Rear armrest, Remote locking, Roof rails, Side airbags, Radio/CD, Rear headrests, Traction control, Air conditioning, Anti theft system, Central locking, Child locks, Heated screen, Leather upholstery, Metallic paintwork, Multi function steering wheel. Insurance Group:15,

Only serviced once in 5 years. Been semi-laid up by the sound of it. But apparently "smells like a new car". Not available until late next week, some distance from me.

OR

2002 02 Reg VAUXHALL Omega 206 V6 24v CDX
4 Doors, Automatic, Saloon, 70,000 miles, Metallic Silver, 2 Owners. 4 Electric Windows, CD Player, Central Door Locking, Dealer Facilities, Dual Air Bags, Electric Adjustable Mirror, Just Serviced, Long Mot, Service History, ABS, Air conditioning, Alloy wheels, Climate Control, Electric sunroof, Leather upholstery.

Just been serviced 1,000 miles ago, including coolant and brake fluid change. Nice lip spoiler. Available now locally.

Both same price bracket.

If I wait for the first one, I might lose the second one.

Decisions, decisions.  ::) ::) ::)

The first one sounds good, where is the car located, I could pop and look if its not to far.

Pete :y
« Last Edit: 01 June 2007, 14:50:33 by miggy »

Danny

• Omega Lord
  • Wigan, Greater Manchester
  • BLACK 1.6 BORA SHAPED JETTA!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 31 May 2007, 17:09:28 »

like other people have said in other topics, 20k or 70k, it'll still run like a dream if serviced and maintained properly, although understandably you'd be more cautious, but then how many people have cars on here in excess of 100k on the clock that run fine?

CDX would have more toys wouldnt it? not to mention the nice spoiler, and its silver as opposed to the grey

how does the outer condition of the two cars compare?

Nickbat

« Reply #8 on: 31 May 2007, 19:34:58 »

I haven't seen the low mileage one at all, not even a pic.

I went to my local car sales place today to take another look at the CDX and they were beavering away giving it a complete valet, also the mechanic (not the salesman) told me he'd just put new pads on front and back. In all honesty, although the first one has very low mileage, peeps I've spoken to have voiced concerns with regard to the problems of having a car that's been laid up (like pooped aircon seals, for example). I'm beginning to lean towards the 70k model, especially as it has it has FSH and, I would think, has done motorway miles rather than short runs to the shops.

I do like star silver and I liked the CDX from the moment I saw it.

Danny

• Omega Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 31 May 2007, 19:56:26 »

there ya go then!

Chopsdad

• Omega Baron
  • Bouncy Castle in Carlisle
  • Keep it clean!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 31 May 2007, 20:01:44 »

I haven't seen the low mileage one at all, not even a pic.

I went to my local car sales place today to take another look at the CDX and they were beavering away giving it a complete valet, also the mechanic (not the salesman) told me he'd just put new pads on front and back. In all honesty, although the first one has very low mileage, peeps I've spoken to have voiced concerns with regard to the problems of having a car that's been laid up (like pooped aircon seals, for example). I'm beginning to lean towards the 70k model, especially as it has it has FSH and, I would think, has done motorway miles rather than short runs to the shops.

I do like star silver and I liked the CDX from the moment I saw it.

Buy a car that you'll love.  I ummed and arred about getting a grey one but plumped for Star Silver.  My Mrs has a grey Meriva and it looks naff compared to mine.  Too many q's about the low miler (how bad was the accident that took it off the road for so long, being one) and unless you do huge miles yourself, 70k CDX sounds nice.  Mine has 46k and clutch is playing up, coil pack about knackd, new wishbones, water pump failed, and all in the last year.  Low mileage doesn't guarantee much.  :y
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o317/chopsdad/oof.jpg[/IMG]                                                       [img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albu

Danny

• Omega Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 31 May 2007, 20:29:32 »

i quite like meegas in dark grey, i like silver better, but then every other car on the road is silver. Be it dark grey, its still gonna look nicer then a meriva!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 22 queries.