Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Three short weeks....  (Read 2575 times)

STEMO

Three short weeks....
« on: 08 October 2017, 13:24:10 »

.....since Ben went off to uni. I was shitting myself at the thought of it but, after such a short time, I am very relaxed about the situation. We go over and see him on a Sunday afternoon, will be leaving shortly. I take him some bits of food and clean, ironed shirts etc. and, last Sunday, we went out for our tea. He liked the idea of that. Mum, dad and son all sitting having a meal and a good chat.
When Mo contacted him earlier, he said he wouldn’t mind doing that again. “If he thinks I’m spending fifty quid every Sunday and staying the whole afternoon, he’s got another think coming!” said I.

Doesn’t take long to revert to type, does it? ;D

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
Re: Three short weeks....
« Reply #1 on: 08 October 2017, 14:38:45 »

Enjoy your Sunday meal with SWMBO and Ben today, and look forward to doing the same next Sunday. :y :y :y We all know under that gruff jovial exterior you are a big softy. :P :P :P ::) ::) ::)
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08 October 2017, 17:00:23 »

.....since Ben went off to uni. I was shitting myself at the thought of it but, after such a short time, I am very relaxed about the situation. We go over and see him on a Sunday afternoon, will be leaving shortly. I take him some bits of food and clean, ironed shirts etc. and, last Sunday, we went out for our tea. He liked the idea of that. Mum, dad and son all sitting having a meal and a good chat.
When Mo contacted him earlier, he said he wouldn’t mind doing that again. “If he thinks I’m spending fifty quid every Sunday and staying the whole afternoon, he’s got another think coming!” said I.

"clean, ironed shirts" . . . . . . at Uni ? Why ? Maybe on graduation day, but that's about it  ;)

Clean pants once a week, socks are monthly  :y

“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08 October 2017, 17:24:01 »

Glad to hear that he's settling in and it won't be long before he won't want his Mum and Dad keep showing up!  :y

More to the point though I'm glad that you've settled in to the idea as well!  ;)  ::)  :y
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08 October 2017, 18:40:00 »

Do beans on toast for 3 really cost £50? ;D Glad everything's settling down nicely for you all :y

STEMO

« Reply #5 on: 08 October 2017, 19:31:01 »

Thanks all  :-* Just got back, suitably stuffed, now the fickin hound wants feeding.  ;D

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08 October 2017, 19:34:18 »

"clean, ironed shirts" . . . . . . at Uni ? Why ? Maybe on graduation day, but that's about it  ;)

Clean pants once a week, socks are monthly  :y
Two weeks as long as you remember to turn them inside out. ::) :y

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08 October 2017, 20:30:32 »

My lad is just starting his second year. We moved most of his stuff to his new flat last week, but he came back today to collect the rest of it.
We went shopping yesterday, so he immediately ate half the contents of the fridge, then took over the TV and "treated us" to two episodes of Game of Thrones.
Got our own back though when we took him back later. Swmbo decided he had made a complete pigs ear of arranging the stuff in his room, so set about rearranging it properly, while ignoring his demands to leave everything alone. :)
We were nervous when he started last year. He had very troubled teenage years which resulted in him having severe social anxiety, and rarely leaving his bedroom for  10 years.
Thankfully he soon found his feet, and is now a lot more confident, and its the Uni experience which as done this.
He even flew to Florida this summer to do on camera reporting, from a major poker tournament for a website he does work for.
Hes even got himself a steady girlfriend, who apparently thinks the world of him.
There were many times when I really thought I would never see the day, but his day has come, thank goodness.
I understand your nervousness Steve, but in all likelihood, it will be the making of him.  :y
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

STEMO

« Reply #8 on: 08 October 2017, 22:22:28 »

My lad is just starting his second year. We moved most of his stuff to his new flat last week, but he came back today to collect the rest of it.
We went shopping yesterday, so he immediately ate half the contents of the fridge, then took over the TV and "treated us" to two episodes of Game of Thrones.
Got our own back though when we took him back later. Swmbo decided he had made a complete pigs ear of arranging the stuff in his room, so set about rearranging it properly, while ignoring his demands to leave everything alone. :)
We were nervous when he started last year. He had very troubled teenage years which resulted in him having severe social anxiety, and rarely leaving his bedroom for  10 years.
Thankfully he soon found his feet, and is now a lot more confident, and its the Uni experience which as done this.
He even flew to Florida this summer to do on camera reporting, from a major poker tournament for a website he does work for.
Hes even got himself a steady girlfriend, who apparently thinks the world of him.
There were many times when I really thought I would never see the day, but his day has come, thank goodness.
I understand your nervousness Steve, but in all likelihood, it will be the making of him.  :y
Sooooooo happy for your son, and you, Albs. When they fly the nest it is a very emotional time, esp. if we feel they are not best equipped. I wish him every success in life, you must be very proud..............and relieved.  :)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 08 October 2017, 22:32:18 »

I do feel proud and relieved thanks, and I'm sure you will soon feel the same, and worry less than you do in these early days.  :y
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 09 October 2017, 04:14:17 »

Thanks all  :-* Just got back, suitably stuffed, now the fickin hound wants feeding.  ;D

"Enjoy your Sunday meal with SWMBO and Ben today, and look forward to doing the same next Sunday. :y :y :y We all know under that gruff jovial exterior you are a big softy." :P :P :P ::) ::) ::)

What did I tell you you big softie. :y :y :y :P :P :P ;D ;D ;D
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

New POD

• Miseryside
    • NEED MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 09 October 2017, 10:25:25 »

Daughter went off to her final year a couple of weeks back, and I had to set up a standing order to give her £360 a month, as my drawings from my business a couple of years ago have affected the amount of grant she now gets  (Gone to Zero).

Then she phones up my wife about her broken laptop and my wife tells her we (i) will pay half for a new one.  For which I am expected to pay £425.

I calculate that as a week longer before I can retire.

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 09 October 2017, 10:31:58 »

Daughter went off to her final year a couple of weeks back, and I had to set up a standing order to give her £360 a month, as my drawings from my business a couple of years ago have affected the amount of grant she now gets  (Gone to Zero).

Then she phones up my wife about her broken laptop and my wife tells her we (i) will pay half for a new one.  For which I am expected to pay £425.

And it gets worse when they say "Dad, I think I want to do a Masters !"

Just when you thought it was safe . . .  :(

“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

STEMO

« Reply #13 on: 09 October 2017, 11:35:05 »

My lad is doing a masters....four years  :(

Lincs Robert

« Reply #14 on: 14 October 2017, 09:40:19 »

My lad is doing a masters....four years  :(

I don’t understand that. I thought he was going to uni for the first time @ the age of 18, & thought a masters, as a post-graduate degree, was done after the initial bachelors degree. Can you go straight to a masters, or am I getting confused?
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 19 queries.