Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello again. Back in the MIG fold  (Read 5336 times)

GrahamK

• Shropshire
  • 2003 2.6 CDX Saloon
    • View Profile
Hello again. Back in the MIG fold
« on: 10 November 2019, 18:49:55 »

Hi all,

Been away a while since I sold my last Mig, but I have recently picked up my new one, my third. I thought it might be useful to post a bit of an intro.
Firstly. Omega's are fantastic cars. Most people on here obviously get it, but to the rest of the world it's a bit of a best kept secret.
I've been looking for a while for a good V6 car to keep long term as a bit of a classic. (People usually snort at this point, but I don't much care.) I would have liked an Elite but I haven't seen one that looked good value. I'm not paying collectors car prices, not yet. My two previous cars were a 1997 2.5 CDX and 2002 2.6 CDX with cream leather. Liked both very much, but as our main caravan tow car it was starting to get rather expensive. Caravan towing now delegated, I need another car to do my 8 mile commute to work along Shropshire's mostly empty A roads. Enter Omega number three, a 2003 2.6 CDX in Nocturne blue with cream leather. A lovely combo, I think. Over the next few months I am planning to mostly DIY the vehicle into tip-top shape and will shortly be posting a few wanted ads on here for parts I would like. Some are cosmetic, I would like a saloon boot spoiler for example, but other items are service items and certain spares that might be worth squirrelling while I still can.
If anyone has any suggestions on critical parts to get that might be much more difficult to get in the future, I would be interested to hear opinions. One thing is certain, other than my own new car, I haven't seen another omega on the road in Shropshire in over 6 months.

Graham.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
Re: Hello again. Back in the MIG fold
« Reply #1 on: 10 November 2019, 18:59:01 »

Welcome back  :y
the Omega are quite thin on the ground now
at the moment,used parts are very cheap,due to the number being broken because of rust.
so trying to slow down rusting may be an idea ,if you intend to keep an Omega long term .

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10 November 2019, 19:01:38 »

Hello and welcome back.Hope your "new" car serves you well :y

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10 November 2019, 20:00:16 »

Hello again.

8 mile commutes are going to kill it in pretty short order, so probably not the best way to preserve it :-\
Onanists always think outside the box.

migiestate

• Intermediate Member
  • Liverpool
    • 03 Omega 2.2 Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10 November 2019, 20:51:13 »

Hello and welcome back :y.  Enjoy  your new Omega  :y :y.

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11 November 2019, 12:34:16 »

Welcome back! PM me about a boot spoiler, I know an ex-owner on here who has one, it got a coat of nocturno, but then had the finish spoiled before the clearcoat went on, so it just sat as an unfinished project.

Yes, Nocturno with cream interior does look good, as an owner of a PFL in black I can't get that excited about star silverfacelifts, no disrespect to those who own them, but that's all you ever see now...when you see one.

Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

luizvivas

• Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil
  • 92/93 Toulon Green 1-5-3-6-2-4
    • Omega CD 3.0 Turbo
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11 November 2019, 13:50:02 »

Hi all,

Been away a while since I sold my last Mig, but I have recently picked up my new one, my third. I thought it might be useful to post a bit of an intro.
Firstly. Omega's are fantastic cars. Most people on here obviously get it, but to the rest of the world it's a bit of a best kept secret.
I've been looking for a while for a good V6 car to keep long term as a bit of a classic. (People usually snort at this point, but I don't much care.) I would have liked an Elite but I haven't seen one that looked good value. I'm not paying collectors car prices, not yet. My two previous cars were a 1997 2.5 CDX and 2002 2.6 CDX with cream leather. Liked both very much, but as our main caravan tow car it was starting to get rather expensive. Caravan towing now delegated, I need another car to do my 8 mile commute to work along Shropshire's mostly empty A roads. Enter Omega number three, a 2003 2.6 CDX in Nocturne blue with cream leather. A lovely combo, I think. Over the next few months I am planning to mostly DIY the vehicle into tip-top shape and will shortly be posting a few wanted ads on here for parts I would like. Some are cosmetic, I would like a saloon boot spoiler for example, but other items are service items and certain spares that might be worth squirrelling while I still can.
If anyone has any suggestions on critical parts to get that might be much more difficult to get in the future, I would be interested to hear opinions. One thing is certain, other than my own new car, I haven't seen another omega on the road in Shropshire in over 6 months.

Graham.

Welcome :y

Unfortunately, here too, Omega is mostly seen on weekends. I understand who runs a lot and chooses a more economical popular car (I've done this in the past). Currently I will also work with mine. It is 10 km (6 miles) round trip without much traffic.