Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Dash Cam Power Sorce  (Read 7835 times)

GastronomicKleptomaniac

• Omega Baron
  • Teesside (the nice bit)
    • 3.2 plod, 2.6 MV6, etc
    • View Profile
Re: Dash Cam Power Sorce
« Reply #30 on: 13 June 2014, 20:02:26 »

*takes notes* Since I've spent the last two weeks playing idiot magnet, no matter what my mode of travel...
Servicing and repairs done in NE. Special rates for OOFers! PM me.

Mr.OmegaMan

• Omega Baron
  • Middle of nowhere
    • 3.2 Elite , CLS500
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 13 June 2014, 20:29:36 »

*takes notes* Since I've spent the last two weeks playing idiot magnet, no matter what my mode of travel...

Aye that's the main reason I'm giving these dash cams another shot, Seems like there's more idiots on the roads these days, Well more than usual...

Cyclists are becoming a more frequent sight too, Not long ago on a blind bend on a twisty B road I came behind 2 of them riding side by side making no effort to pull to the side...

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 13 June 2014, 21:07:40 »

Cyclists are becoming a more frequent sight too,  ....

I saw one last night with a death wish ....... couldn't decide if he wanted the left of the road, the middle of the road as he over took the left line of traffic at a set of lights that'd just changed to green, then he wanted the traffic he'd just passed to let him back t the left again. Then got upset as the car he was undertaking moved left to the lane he needed to go ahead at the junction that the cyclist then wanted to turn right at .................  ??? ??? ???

Mr.OmegaMan

• Omega Baron
  • Middle of nowhere
    • 3.2 Elite , CLS500
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 13 June 2014, 23:22:23 »

Just noticed the price currently is £10 give or take cheaper on Amazon than I paid for the (front) camera, So got in contact with Amazon with that live chat and i'm getting a £10 refund.. Happy days  :)

Mr.OmegaMan

• Omega Baron
  • Middle of nowhere
    • 3.2 Elite , CLS500
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 13 June 2014, 23:24:24 »

Just seen this as well...  :y

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/accessories-tyres/85715/transcend-drivepro-200

See how it goes, If it lasts a year i'd be happy with that...

Mr.OmegaMan

• Omega Baron
  • Middle of nowhere
    • 3.2 Elite , CLS500
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 13 June 2014, 23:30:27 »

Just wondering for those who have dash cams do you leave them in your cars when its hot, Reaching 60+c inside ?

Last year I had a cheap dash cam and i'm sure the heat killed it off one day, Was around £10 didn't expect much...

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 14 June 2014, 09:00:21 »

Just wondering for those who have dash cams do you leave them in your cars when its hot, Reaching 60+c inside ?

The only time I've touched mine since I installed it last October was when my boss mentioned them, and insisted on seeing it. If you want one as security, then it needs to be permanent and switched on and off automatically. Otherwise, you will forget, or just stop using it due to the hassle.

Mr.OmegaMan

• Omega Baron
  • Middle of nowhere
    • 3.2 Elite , CLS500
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 16 June 2014, 01:19:54 »

Uploaded some clips from today on YouTube, But they didn't turn out so good, Had to compress the video I used Windows Movie Maker, The front camera set at 3 minuet recording gaps takes up 330mb.  :o

Plus I hadn't positioned the camera very well, need to adjust settings or just move it up a little so it's no so white.

Overall though it preformed very well, Can't say the same about the rear camera, stopped recording half way through the 160 odd mile journey, Think the rear socket plug might have lost connection possibly as the camera still works and everything like that.. Quality is about half that of the front camera or there about's, Then again that one wasn't positioned very well either pointing too high up the picture was mostly dark..

Will upload again sometime once I get used to them  :y

Mr.OmegaMan

• Omega Baron
  • Middle of nowhere
    • 3.2 Elite , CLS500
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 17 June 2014, 05:46:05 »

Looks good if you are able to post some sample video up would be great to see how it performs, especially at night.

Finally got some decent footage up from the evening. Quality ain't bad at all, Seen better and worse...  :y

http://youtu.be/7_kw6XQjxkI

Magwheels

• Intermediate Member
    • 2.2 dti Elite saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 17 June 2014, 09:10:29 »

More than acceptable quality, not bad at all. One question, where's all the cars at? 9.20 and the roads are clear, you wouldn't get that down here!!

Car sounds nice as well, better than my old tractor.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 17 June 2014, 11:28:19 »

No need to cut any wires, use a "Scotchlok"

https://www.google.co.uk/search?safe=off&site=&source=hp&q=scotchlok+connector&oq=Scotchlock&gs_l=hp.1.2.0i10l10.2855.7702.0.11902.10.10.0.0.0.0.607.1642.2-3j1j0j1.5.0....0...1c.1.46.hp..5.5.1639.KbnFm_x9el8

They cost pennies, and cut into the wire your host wire and also your fuseholder wire, which you place alongside it.

Ron.
:y

The biggest problem with a  scotch lock is that it damages the wire your connecting to and over time and with vibration, I have seen them cut right through them, best avoided if you can (they seem the weapon of choice of poor quality tow bar installers!)  :y

Mr.OmegaMan

• Omega Baron
  • Middle of nowhere
    • 3.2 Elite , CLS500
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 17 June 2014, 16:56:21 »

More than acceptable quality, not bad at all. One question, where's all the cars at? 9.20 and the roads are clear, you wouldn't get that down here!!

It's like a ghost town around here especially at this time.. Transportation costs maybe  :-\ ... nearest Asda a small one is like 25 miles round trip, a large 24H Tesco 45 miles round trip... Pubs within walking distance  ;D...

Looking back at the video only one moving car and one cyclist where out and about...
« Last Edit: 17 June 2014, 17:04:52 by Mr.OmegaMan »

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 17 June 2014, 20:08:24 »

We had a chap come for interview last week, he was from Wales. Apart from fact his CV said Wales, we knew he must be from the countryside. His request for salary was about 50% below the norm  ;D

Magwheels

• Intermediate Member
    • 2.2 dti Elite saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 17 June 2014, 20:58:13 »

Looking back at the video only one moving car and one cyclist where out and about...
[/quote]

Wow, I'd have to go out about 4 o'clock in the morning (on a work day) to get roads as clear as that, and that would be going away from London!!!

Very nice if you can do it (apart from the shopping side of things).

05omegav6

« Reply #44 on: 17 June 2014, 22:27:18 »

It's like a ghost town around here especially at this time.. Transportation costs maybe  :-\ ... nearest Asda a small one is like 25 miles round trip, a large 24H Tesco 45 miles round trip... Pubs within walking distance  ;D...

If the pub serves food, why bother with shopping at all ::)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 21 queries.