Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: C30NE with 4L30e tranny in a Chevrolet Suprema ( Brasil made Ω wagon)  (Read 1698 times)

R-vin

• Trinidad, W.I.
  • Best Regards
    • View Profile

hi guys,
i have recently moved to brasil and purchased a Omega A wagon (Left hand Drive) aka Chevrolet Suprema for the brasil market, it is a 1993 model year (again brasil market),  it has the C30NE engine with a 4L30e auto tranny.... though well conserved, it has issues, searching online i was able to find the procedure for checking the engine computer fault codes with the flashing of the check engine light,  however occasionally the tranny goes into limp home mode and the sport mode light flashes....  as this happens i was instructed to switch off the engine and restart, doing this the problem goes away for some time... i am wondering if it is possible to retreive the fault code from the tranny computer when this happens....  can any one direct me to a procedure?

thanks guys
Ω`s  4 Life... never owned anything else!!!!

R-vin
R-vin

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile

Will require something that can interface with the ALDL socket on that vehicle (Known as a Carlton over here)

A fluid change and filter clean may help the transmission to live a little longer.  :)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile

Needs a Tech1
Grumpy old man

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile

Needs a Tech1
Opelscanner with the ALDL adaptor cable will work also.  :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile

Needs a Tech1
Tech1 is probably cheaper :P

Good to know though :y
Grumpy old man

R-vin

• Trinidad, W.I.
  • Best Regards
    • View Profile

Will require something that can interface with the ALDL socket on that vehicle (Known as a Carlton over here)

A fluid change and filter clean may help the transmission to live a little longer.  :)

hi,
the previous owner did the fluid change with a filter change in january,  currently when i pull the dip stick for the tranny, the fluid looks new, when wiped onto tissue paper, it is red, no black specks/streaks etc....  but i believe the tranny is overheating, since the interior of the car in the region of the tranny gets hot....   would this trigger a limp home mode?

warm regards
R-vin
R-vin

R-vin

• Trinidad, W.I.
  • Best Regards
    • View Profile

Needs a Tech1
Tech1 is probably cheaper :P

Good to know though :y

hey guys thanks for the support, but unfornutely brasil being brasil, when this car arrived here (1993) the majority of mechanics were accustomed to fixing VW beatles....  up to now 2014, many dont know about scan tools and trouble codes etc.... even automatic transmissions here are reserved for people like governadors etc.... not for common folk.... so finding a garage that can properly diagnose the problem is literally non existant... the Chevrolet dealerships fell short on spare parts and do not stock anything except common parts to the current chevrolet models...  good thing there are many parts remanufacturers that recondition the old parts....

speaking about the ALDL Tech 1  and stuff... i found the following online   a 10 pin to 16 pin adapter cable

http://www.dx.com/p/10-pin-to-16-pin-obd2-diagnostic-cable-for-opel-30cm-115655#.U7vxWvldXy4

and a OP Com Diagnostic tool 

http://www.dx.com/p/"My Naff Code Reader"-car-vehicle-diagnostic-tool-black-114086#.U7vxYfldXy4

theoretically these should facilitate the connection to the car, but untill i receive the packages, i won`t know if the soft ware works...  any one has any suggestions on where i can locate the software needed for my car????

thanks guys

Ω 4 Life

R-vin
R-vin

annihilator

• Wirral
    • 2 Jags XKR/JR
    • View Profile

might also be worth asking here
http://www.totalcarlton.com/forums/  :y

also brazillian trannies have a totally different meaning here. :o

Delroy47

• Intermediate Member
  • Luton
    • 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile

Was thinking the same thing  :y
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 21 queries.