Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Might change the Hyundai tomorrow.  (Read 3374 times)

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
Re: Might change the Hyundai tomorrow.
« Reply #15 on: 29 July 2019, 23:22:39 »

Not too bad on the road though and they seem better built than a Range Rooney ;)

So in that respect they are like pretty much every other car on the road, and the majority of garden sheds...  ;D

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 30 July 2019, 00:56:08 »

;D
Onanists always think outside the box.

2boxerdogs

« Reply #17 on: 30 July 2019, 07:56:15 »

Next door neighbour has a black 55 plate he's owned since it was ex demo. Looks smart and tows his burger van well. Claims he's never had any issues with it.

At the other end of the scale I've got an auto terracan you can have for under a grand, new timing belt and everything  :y

Thanks for the offer but want something newer , always liked the Shogun's & Land cruisers so I think it will be between one of these , just got to wait till I see one that ticks all the boxes.

2boxerdogs

« Reply #18 on: 30 July 2019, 08:47:21 »

Driven no end of 2.8d Shoguns from that sort of era, and they are all clunky poor interior build.  The 2.8 is also a dog.

This is the newer 3.2 model the 2.8s were phased out several years ago.
A previous job still runs some newer to new ones, but the security ones they replaced with Hilux last year were '57/'08 with well over 200k on them... Apparently they were pretty reliable, but cost a small fortune to maintain. I suspect that this is due to a combination of Mitsubishi parts prices and really short service intervals.

Not too bad on the road though and they seem better built than a Range Rooney ;)

This was a 2008 with only 65,000 miles with an excellent service history but unfortunately the bodywork had too many imperfections for my liking ( scratches & supermarket dings) which in my mind made it overpriced they should have attended to those before putting it on the forecourt.

aaronjb

« Reply #19 on: 30 July 2019, 09:19:21 »

This was a 2008 with only 65,000 miles with an excellent service history but unfortunately the bodywork had too many imperfections for my liking ( scratches & supermarket dings) which in my mind made it overpriced they should have attended to those before putting it on the forecourt.

In my (recent) experience, dealers don't bother "preparing" cars anymore; they stick them on the forecourt and hope that someone will buy them without noticing the faults.. if they do notice the faults, they promise to fix them and then hope you won't notice they've half assed it (or not bothered at all) when you come to pick it up and will take it anyway since you've already paid the deposit, got a lift there, etc...

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 30 July 2019, 12:40:51 »

In my (recent) experience, dealers don't bother "preparing" cars anymore; they stick them on the forecourt and hope that someone will buy them without noticing the faults.. if they do notice the faults, they promise to fix them and then hope you won't notice they've half assed it (or not bothered at all) when you come to pick it up and will take it anyway since you've already paid the deposit, got a lift there, etc...

In my experience car dealers have absolutely no interest in selling cars.The primary interest being the sale of extended warranties and overpriced 'add ons'.....such as alloy wheel  cover and interior stain cover. All crap. All virtually worthless. :-\

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 30 July 2019, 12:48:30 »

.......and of course leading the customer down the road marked PCP.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 30 July 2019, 12:58:23 »

Next door neighbour has a black 55 plate he's owned since it was ex demo. Looks smart and tows his burger van well. Claims he's never had any issues with it.

At the other end of the scale I've got an auto terracan you can have for under a grand, new timing belt and everything  :y

Thanks for the offer but want something newer , always liked the Shogun's & Land cruisers so I think it will be between one of these , just got to wait till I see one that ticks all the boxes.

Ha, no worries, the offer was fairly tongue in cheek, I know you're looking for something smart, and mine falls firmly into 'shed' territory.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 30 July 2019, 14:28:32 »

The old Terracan is getting a bit worn round the edges now, so tomorrow going to take a look at a one owner 08 Shogun Diamond LWB got all the bells & whistles full history at local Mitsubishi dealership.
:o
didn't you just spend 4 weeks pocket money having the clutch and flywheel replaced  :-\
if you've got too much spare money , buy a boat or get Koi carp in a little garden pond  :P

Had it all replaced in April that's correct, but have had enough of towing with a manual,  used a friends Shogun on Wednesday to bring a caravan from  Birmingham back to Norfolk and was very impressed the automatic box was brilliant , plus the diamond model has absolutely everything, if this one's as good as it looks it's time to move on, had the Hyundai for 7 years now so it's had a good run.😎

Mr Tilbo.......

1.....What year is your Hyundai?

2......How much do you want for it?

3.......How much did you recently spend on it?

If the figure for number 3 is larger than for number 2 somebody will get a good deal. :y

2boxerdogs

« Reply #24 on: 30 July 2019, 19:18:15 »

2...As much as possible !
3... In the last 12 months £3000
Timing belt etc all new discs & pads 4 new tyres new clutch etc.+ every filter has been replaced car has been maintained regardless of cost.
Just to make it clear that the Terracan is not for sale will probably just px it when I find the right vehicle top book price is £1375. Mileage is 85,000
« Last Edit: 30 July 2019, 19:22:36 by Tilbo »

2boxerdogs

« Reply #25 on: 30 July 2019, 19:24:57 »

These are the exact same thoughts I have, unless the car meets my standard at the time of viewing I just walk away.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 30 July 2019, 20:35:17 »

Timing belt etc all new discs & pads 4 new tyres new clutch etc.+ every filter has been replaced car has been maintained regardless of cost.
Just to make it clear that the Terracan is not for sale will probably just px it when I find the right vehicle top book price is £1375. Mileage is 85,000
Sounds like a keeper  ::)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 31 July 2019, 11:05:54 »

Sounds like a keeper  ::)

Yep........ :)
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 22 queries.