Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Who watches Lost  (Read 6701 times)

Taxi_Driver

Re: Who watches Lost
« Reply #15 on: 15 July 2006, 12:41:06 »

Been meaning to watch series1 ive got on dvd......ive had it for months and its still in its cellophane wrapper.....purposely avoided watching other series until i get the time to watch the 1st series.

Even took it with me a month or so ago when i went for a week on the south coast....in case of crap weather......unfortunately or fortunately the weather was good

Martin_1962

« Reply #16 on: 15 July 2006, 18:11:58 »

You'll have to get S2 DVD as well now

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #17 on: 15 July 2006, 19:22:19 »

Ummmm guess so  :-/

summat

• Preston, Lancashire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 16 July 2006, 08:21:03 »

Sort of like it - it's about the only series-linked thing on the Sky+ box atm, mainly because the wife likes it (ergo, I'm allowed to watch it),  I did used to like 24 - but as she didn't then organising freedom-of-the-telly at prime-time Sundays became unfeasible (this was pre-Sky+ days).

Martin_1962

« Reply #19 on: 16 July 2006, 10:42:48 »

I couldn't put up with being charged just to record things - I own a Freeview PVR no £10 a month there!

summat

• Preston, Lancashire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 16 July 2006, 12:23:16 »

I couldn't put up with being charged just to record things - I own a Freeview PVR no £10 a month there!

Going sorta off-topic, but what the hell. Yup, that stuck in the back of my throat too, however, the subscription to Sky+ is free if you take 2 of either movie or sports channels (works out around +£13, or so) - so the actual monthly subscription is much less *IF* you can justify those. I think life is changing - we seem to need a hefty dose of direct debits just to get through life nowadays.

(fond memories of "free" dial-up internet connections, before we had to pay for broadband access)

BTW - don't get me wrong - just bought me mum a Sagem (hmm!) Free-To-Air PVR/Digibox - very good value for money I think, but ultimately significantly less choice than that offered by Sky. Thankfully, we'll all benefit from the about-to-be free to airing of Film-4, in a weeks time.

(Now, back to my dreams [soon to become reality] of a HD-HTPC)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 16 July 2006, 12:28:19 »

Sky, Freeview, TopUpTV, Cable - all are full of trash TV.

In the old days, flicked on the telly, flicked through 3 channels, decided nothing on, went and did something more constructive instead. Only 10 secs wasted.

Nowadays, 200 odd channels, it takes ages to decide there is naff all on before doing something else. 30m wasted.

Progress?
Grumpy old man

Martin_1962

« Reply #22 on: 16 July 2006, 17:18:07 »

Sky, Freeview, TopUpTV, Cable - all are full of trash TV.

In the old days, flicked on the telly, flicked through 3 channels, decided nothing on, went and did something more constructive instead. Only 10 secs wasted.

Nowadays, 200 odd channels, it takes ages to decide there is naff all on before doing something else. 30m wasted.

Progress?

I got very annoyed when ITV took Men & Motors off for their rubbish quiz channel
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 22 queries.