Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Is this the end of VX  (Read 2934 times)

grifter

• Paisley, Scotland
  • Omega Baron
    • Omega 2.6 CD / Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
Is this the end of VX
« on: 23 March 2018, 13:13:20 »

STEMO

Re: Is this the end of VX
« Reply #1 on: 23 March 2018, 13:31:25 »

Some of the useless fickers deserve to be closed but, of course, if you need the stamp in your service book, or parts, or a warranty fix, this will be bad news.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 23 March 2018, 13:40:04 »

I do find a lot of the dealers poor, I was dealing with a sales man at Camberley Eden Vauxhall when hunting for the Zafira. Had a good few emails going back and forth, trying to source what I wanted through the Eden group, but struggled. Not after much, just a non-base spec Tourer with autobox. Apparently they were hard to source.  :-\

I bought one via another franchise, I popped him an email to see if he could do me a deal on some mats for the Zafira. Or give me rough price, as I was doing that or eBay.

Just a one line reply back, "Speak to Parts". - Zero interest now he lost the sale.

Zero effort from dealership as a whole, I know I went to another franchise, but still.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 23 March 2018, 14:02:42 »

A modern ill. No pride in job and no management oversight to make sure the staff are delighting customers potential or otherwise.

same here in Spain. We sent an email enquiring after a car. No reply so just dropped in on spec. Car just been sold but he let us have a look around it. had another suitable car. It was quite good but we forgot to ask about a few details so dropped him an email and no reply. This was despite me telling him we prefer email.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

STEMO

« Reply #4 on: 23 March 2018, 14:30:12 »

We got £8500 trade in for the captur. It's up for sale at £9990, so £1490 more than we got. Salesman wages, admin wages, rent on an effing big site, electric and gas bills, valeting .....they don't make that much on used cars.
« Last Edit: 23 March 2018, 14:35:10 by STEMO »

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 23 March 2018, 15:27:01 »

I think the only question over Vx future is whether PSA get rid of the brand altogether, or rebrand their products with VX badges for the UK market.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 23 March 2018, 15:31:47 »

We got £8500 trade in for the captur. It's up for sale at £9990, so £1490 more than we got. Salesman wages, admin wages, rent on an effing big site, electric and gas bills, valeting .....they don't make that much on used cars.

All the more reason to be a bit more proactive " Still looking for a car sir?" " Nice meeting you yesterday,  have you discussed the car?"
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

TD

• Omega Knight
  • Swindon
    • Nowt!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 23 March 2018, 17:09:03 »

I do find a lot of the dealers poor, I was dealing with a sales man at Camberley Eden Vauxhall when hunting for the Zafira. Had a good few emails going back and forth, trying to source what I wanted through the Eden group, but struggled. Not after much, just a non-base spec Tourer with autobox. Apparently they were hard to source.  :-\

I bought one via another franchise, I popped him an email to see if he could do me a deal on some mats for the Zafira. Or give me rough price, as I was doing that or eBay.

Just a one line reply back, "Speak to Parts". - Zero interest now he lost the sale.

Zero effort from dealership as a whole, I know I went to another franchise, but still.

Precisely, the dealers are franchises, so not sure how VX save money shutting them down.
The more franchise outlets to sell their cars the better I would have thought.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 23 March 2018, 17:10:56 »

The dealerships may have gone upmarket with large glass cathedrals masquerading as a showroom. The coffee may be better, the girls on reception may be better groomed and smile more......but.

It is the same spivs, wide boys, and ne'er do wells who are there to sell you the cars.....and it is the same inept and incompetent grease monkey mechanics ( sorry, they are called technicians these days) who clearly have very little skill behind the spanners.

Jaguar dealers are no different. 

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 23 March 2018, 17:13:32 »

Don't forget the profit they made on the Astra derv they sold you.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 23 March 2018, 17:19:17 »

Few in business do "f*uck you" better than car dealers.

STEMO

« Reply #11 on: 23 March 2018, 17:44:27 »

Don't forget the profit they made on the Astra derv they sold you.
I'm not forgetting, that's the profit they made from us, probably about £1500. They didn't make any profit from us on the captur.......obviously.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 23 March 2018, 20:07:11 »

On the face of it it does seem odd that the latest Vx adverts are pushing the "Britishness" of the brand while at the same time closing so many dealerships.They could however be moving towards multi-franchise dealerships where the Vx brand shares space with Peugeot or Citroen or both,this would cut down overheads by not having separate sites for the brand.

STEMO

« Reply #13 on: 23 March 2018, 20:13:08 »

Only really makes a difference to folk who buy new, and that definitely isn't me.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 23 March 2018, 21:40:45 »

I think the only question over Vx future is whether PSA get rid of the brand altogether, or rebrand their products with VX badges for the UK market.

getting rid of the brands altogether is the only justifiable reason that PSA bought it in the first place.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 18 queries.