Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ghost Plane  (Read 1767 times)

deviator

• Omega Knight
  • Chesterfield
    • View Profile
Ghost Plane
« on: 28 March 2018, 10:21:55 »

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/news/derby-news/ghost-plane-derbyshire-1388253

I'll let this 'quality news outlet'  ;D tell the story. The comments are quite good though.
FCR and cam lock off kit available. Deposit maybe required. Contact me.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost Plane
« Reply #1 on: 28 March 2018, 17:43:01 »

These stories or accounts of reality are not uncommon and for me just prove we, mankind, know nothing yet. ;)

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 28 March 2018, 18:33:21 »

And not to be outdone there's the woman from Barnsley who saw two of them so it must be right :D ;D

STEMO

« Reply #3 on: 28 March 2018, 19:17:04 »

Mobile phones are very common these days, I'd say just about everyone has one. They have cameras on them too. Just saying.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 28 March 2018, 20:09:00 »

This is a subject with historical connections so I will comment further, even at the risk of again being ridiculed by those not believing.

A mobile phone camera, or any camera, often is not able to capture these "events".  I have personally had at least 4 definite "supernatural" encounters in my life, that any camera would not have recorded, with my mother experiencing one with me at the same time.  So, as I always say, we know nothing yet and the man or woman who closes their mind to such "supernatural events" is doing so out of understandable ignorance due to a lack of experience.

Many very sane people, yes like me, have experienced very unexplainable events but due to being afraid of being labelled insane say nothing. ;)

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 28 March 2018, 20:46:03 »

I agree Lizzie that there are many things "out there" that we don't yet know of/understand.However in this and all such cases the rational[?] explanations should be explored-and if need be discounted-first.Such as could this be a mirage type scenario where the weather/light conditions have made something that is in fact many miles away look as though it is seemingly overhead? I don't claim this to be the answer but used it as an example of events that should be looked at as an explanation first.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 28 March 2018, 20:57:37 »

Mobile phones are very common these days, I'd say just about everyone has one. They have cameras on them too. Just saying.
Ooh... A cynic...  ;D
Onanists always think outside the box.

STEMO

« Reply #7 on: 28 March 2018, 21:01:59 »

Ooh... A cynic...  ;D
No good, though, apparently ghostly apparitions are invisible to cameras. Drat.   ::)

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 28 March 2018, 22:18:48 »

I am not a "believer" like Lizzie; in fact, I am a dyed in the wool sceptic, but.....
A few years back, I was in Christchurh High Street (Dorset), just walking along and I nearly bumped into the dead mother of an old friend of mine.
No, not a look-alike, the real deal.
She said "Hello Ron, good to see you"
Shocked, I said "What on earth are you doing here"
I blinked - not looked away, just blinked - and she was gone!
There weren't any shops or doorways nearby, nor anywhere for her to hide quickly, especially as she was in a wheelchair.

That still raises the hairs on the back of my neck, just recalling it - and I have no explanation.

Ron.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 28 March 2018, 22:24:58 »

Up to 20 years ago I thought all this ghosty stuff was utter nonsense, and anyone who believed in it was an imbecile.
Then we moved into part of a hug Victorian house, and had to experience things on a regular basis which made our hair stand on end - I still had some hair then.
Since then, I cant deny there is something in it. Don't understand it though.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 29 March 2018, 01:33:51 »

Filed under "I'll have what he's smoking". ;)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 29 March 2018, 09:11:28 »

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/news/derby-news/hercules-raf-planes-derbyshire-ghost-1392402

As always, although usually with UFO sightings, the RAF step in and give "reasons" why people saw what they did.  This is typical, and ignores the witnesses, sometimes with professional skills, observations of what they actually saw that cannot be explained by simple statements of "a training flight in the area" or "the position of Venus", and an "optical illusion" etc, etc.  The sightings, and even sounds reported over many decades of planes apparently crashing in the Peak District have been well reported, but with no satisfactory conclusion on what they may actually be; apart from that most humans never like to admit, the possibility it is some form of incursion into the supernatural area; a distortion of time and space across dimensions.  Why not?  Do we know everything?  No, with science we know bugger all!

The experiences of Migv6 and Bigron are actually more common then many think and accept, and so when it happens to an individual they are first shocked, then question their sanity, fearing being outed, if they say anything, as mad.

As I said I have had four definite 'encounters', with at least 6 others I still wonder about.  My mother and grandmother also had 'experiences' involving recently deceased members of the family, and knew friends who admitted to similar encounters. My mother, as I stated before, shared one very forceful experience with me in a National Trust property, that only could have a "supernatural" label attached to it, so much so that we both had to leave the house very quickly due to some very unpleasant physical and psychological effects that even now I can still 'feel'.     
« Last Edit: 29 March 2018, 09:12:59 by Lizzie Zoom »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 18 queries.