Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Deposit on plastic bottles  (Read 4256 times)

STEMO

Re: Deposit on plastic bottles
« Reply #30 on: 28 March 2018, 15:33:18 »

One last aside before I go to the dentists (eek :o).
As I'm sure you are all well aware...we are not Spain, or Germany and definitely not Norway. We are British.....with all the 'f**k off' attitude that goes with it.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 28 March 2018, 16:04:46 »

Good, while he has gone ..... It doesn't matter which country you live in, human beings are very similar in being lazy and doing the easiest thing unless there are incentives.

Which is easiest throwing a carton out of your car or taking it to a bin?

Which is easiest taking your own cup/mug to Starbucks or using one of their throw away jobs.

Keep Britain tidy campaign worked - at least for a while. Time for a mindset change.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 28 March 2018, 16:20:29 »

One last aside before I go to the dentists (eek :o).
As I'm sure you are all well aware...we are not Spain, or Germany and definitely not Norway. We are British.....with all the 'f**k off' attitude that goes with it.

Not when it comes to saving a copper or two it doesn't. Look at the plastic bag tax. Wickes (the only company I have first hand knowledge of) cut the number of bags they used by around 95% off the back of it  :o

STEMO

« Reply #33 on: 28 March 2018, 16:36:44 »

Good, while he has gone ..... It doesn't matter which country you live in, human beings are very similar in being lazy and doing the easiest thing unless there are incentives.

Which is easiest throwing a carton out of your car or taking it to a bin?

Which is easiest taking your own cup/mug to Starbucks or using one of their throw away jobs.

Keep Britain tidy campaign worked - at least for a while. Time for a mindset change.
It's nowt to do with you, you are foreign and know nothing of our customs.  :P

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 28 March 2018, 17:31:52 »

Are you in pain?   ;D
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 28 March 2018, 18:05:59 »

With all the plastic floating in the seas around our coast, perhaps our fishing fleet should be trawling/fishing for that, instead of, er fish? :-[ Might be more lucrative. :-\
At 20p per bottle, you're probably right, Ronny  :y

Nah the EU would try and control it and insist that plastic not in quota would have to be thrown back.  ::)  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 28 March 2018, 20:05:53 »

With all the plastic floating in the seas around our coast, perhaps our fishing fleet should be trawling/fishing for that, instead of, er fish? :-[ Might be more lucrative. :-\
At 20p per bottle, you're probably right, Ronny  :y

Nah the EU would try and control it and insist that plastic not in quota would have to be thrown back.  ::)  ;D

That would be a first. The other EU countries actually conforming to the rules. :o

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 28 March 2018, 21:23:10 »

We already have the facility for recycling plastic, glass and even cardboard...  :o

It's call a recycling bin and gets emptied once a fortnight. It is also twice the volume of our regular bin... Which also gets emptied once a fortnight...  ::)
Onanists always think outside the box.

aaronjb

« Reply #38 on: 29 March 2018, 10:03:02 »

It's call a recycling bin and gets emptied once a fortnight. It is also twice the volume of our regular bin... Which also gets emptied once a fortnight...  ::)

We still have those stupid plastic crates up here in the frozen wastes of the north* - I wish they'd switch to wheelie bins like I had darn sarf, then maybe the streets wouldn't fill with (so much) rubbish**

*midlands, really, I know.
**I don't think it would stop the mountains of cheap Polish larger cans I find in the local park, though, sadly.

STEMO

« Reply #39 on: 29 March 2018, 11:02:10 »

We have wheelie bins here in darkest Barnsley.

aaronjb

« Reply #40 on: 29 March 2018, 11:13:29 »

We have wheelie bins here in darkest Barnsley.

Good to know for my slow creep northward back to the home land ;D

(Might be 30 years before I manage to return, though .. we'll probably have banned all kinds of packaging and consume our food only in tablet form by then)

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 29 March 2018, 11:33:16 »

We already have the facility for recycling plastic, glass and even cardboard...  :o

It's obviously not working though.  As the plastic bag charge showed, even saving a few pence on a £40 shop makes people change their habits.  Plus with less waste going through the recycling bin it should take a bit of pressure off councils and their recycling operation.  Ergo less excuse to raise tax bills ::)
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 18 queries.