Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Music . . . . . anything about it really  (Read 9599 times)

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: Music . . . . . anything about it really
« Reply #45 on: 06 October 2017, 14:52:30 »

Great thread, but one that you couldn't reply to in fewer words than contained in War & Peace ......

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 06 October 2017, 14:56:21 »

This is brilliant with Gary Morre and bb king playing live 'the thrill is gone' together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUaevnP1LLg
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 06 October 2017, 17:49:10 »

Great thread, but one that you couldn't reply to in fewer words than contained in War & Peace ......

I kept it as short as I could Don. Missed a lot out, but it was still ong winded & tedious.  ;D
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 07 October 2017, 04:58:46 »

I kept it as short as I could Don. Missed a lot out, but it was still ong winded & tedious.  ;D

Not at all. That was part of the point of this thread, a bit of a chance to explain to yourself and the world.

I was a teenager in the 1960s. I also had a Watkins Rapier and an AC30 ! But I wasn't from a musical household. I had my copy of Bert Weedons "Play In A Day" but of course you still need to put effort in, and lots and lots of practice. Then of course real life takes over, work, moving away from home, making a living etc. However decades later, I went back to it to try again. I now have the luxury of a sort of play room, guitars, amps, and a full size drum kit ! The kit was bought second hand, not an expensive one but ok, Pearl Export. Some decent guitars Les Paul Studio, USA Standard Strat, G&L ASAT Tribute version, and some others. Can I Play them ? No, but I have great fun making a lot of noise. My son plays really well, and various other familly members do a bit of something. On the run up to Christmas or some other family gathering we'll aggree a few songs to get familiar with by text, and then when we get together attempt to play them. It usually works, well sort of  ::)

I was brought up on John Mayall, I still think that the 1st led Zeppelin album is one of the best ever made, and immerse myself in Electric Ladyland. However, I drive the wife nuts with modern Metal (EG Machine Head "Unto The Locust" & anything by Russian Circles), and love cooking to Chemical Brothers and occasional Body Count. Getting old has it's advantages in being able to indulge oneself a bit  :y

Off to see Alice Cooper, The Mission, and The Tubes next month. I'm really excited about seeing The Tubes again, and I've never seen The Mission

That's my "short version " done . . . . .  ;D

“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 07 October 2017, 10:04:47 »

Nostalgia ain't what it used to be!
My memory button was pressed by this thread, b ut not regarding music: who is old enough to remember Saturday Morning Pictures at the Odeon? In our less sophisticated days, we sat watching the Flash Gordon serial with breath abated, hardly able to stand waiting a week to see how he survived the cliff-hanger. And those cowboy films, wagons in a circle to defend against the indians....

Ron.

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 07 October 2017, 10:43:27 »

Nostalgia ain't what it used to be!
My memory button was pressed by this thread, b ut not regarding music: who is old enough to remember Saturday Morning Pictures at the Odeon? In our less sophisticated days, we sat watching the Flash Gordon serial with breath abated, hardly able to stand waiting a week to see how he survived the cliff-hanger. And those cowboy films, wagons in a circle to defend against the indians....

Ron.

Bloody hell ! The Odeon was just down the road. As I read that a song popped into my head

"We come along on a Saturday morning, greeting everybody with a smile" . . . . . 

“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 07 October 2017, 10:59:01 »

My Odeon was a bus ride away and I was given a shilling to go: a tanner to get in, tuppence each way for the bus fare and tuppence to spend on a drink/ice cream/whatever I wanted!

Ron.

STEMO

« Reply #52 on: 07 October 2017, 11:41:12 »

My Odeon was a bus ride away and I was given a shilling to go: a tanner to get in, tuppence each way for the bus fare and tuppence to spend on a drink/ice cream/whatever I wanted!

Ron.
That is eerily close to what I used to do, Ron. Serialised Batman and a singalong with a small dot bouncing along the top of the lyrics on screen. The only difference between you and I is that, once a few kids were inside, we’d open the push bar fire doors and let the screaming hoards in.

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 07 October 2017, 11:51:43 »

Ah, northern thrift?  ;D

Ron.

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 07 October 2017, 12:12:52 »

Ron.
That is eerily close to what I used to do, Ron. Serialised Batman and a singalong with a small dot bouncing along the top of the lyrics on screen. The only difference between you and I is that, once a few kids were inside, we’d open the push bar fire doors and let the screaming hoards in.

Must be a Scouse thing, that never ever happened in civilized and honest Wales  ::)

I'd forgotten about the bouncing dot, early Karaoke ?

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 07 October 2017, 14:34:29 »

My poor grammar Albs , I didn't mean you I meant any reply from me .

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 07 October 2017, 14:42:57 »

Not at all. That was part of the point of this thread, a bit of a chance to explain to yourself and the world.

I was a teenager in the 1960s. I also had a Watkins Rapier and an AC30 ! But I wasn't from a musical household. I had my copy of Bert Weedons "Play In A Day" but of course you still need to put effort in, and lots and lots of practice. Then of course real life takes over, work, moving away from home, making a living etc. However decades later, I went back to it to try again. I now have the luxury of a sort of play room, guitars, amps, and a full size drum kit ! The kit was bought second hand, not an expensive one but ok, Pearl Export. Some decent guitars Les Paul Studio, USA Standard Strat, G&L ASAT Tribute version, and some others. Can I Play them ? No, but I have great fun making a lot of noise. My son plays really well, and various other familly members do a bit of something. On the run up to Christmas or some other family gathering we'll aggree a few songs to get familiar with by text, and then when we get together attempt to play them. It usually works, well sort of  ::)

I was brought up on John Mayall, I still think that the 1st led Zeppelin album is one of the best ever made, and immerse myself in Electric Ladyland. However, I drive the wife nuts with modern Metal (EG Machine Head "Unto The Locust" & anything by Russian Circles), and love cooking to Chemical Brothers and occasional Body Count. Getting old has it's advantages in being able to indulge oneself a bit  :y

Off to see Alice Cooper, The Mission, and The Tubes next month. I'm really excited about seeing The Tubes again, and I've never seen The Mission

Ah ...The Tubes .  "The completion backwards principle " to which I seem to have subscribed to all my life .... ::) Fee Waybill should keep you entertained for a couple of hours I guess.  I'm very envious .
I waited since 1973 to see Steely Dan and secured ( at great F'ing expense ) tickets to see them in a couple of weeks in Dublin only to have Walter Becker pass away just before ....Ho Hum.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 07 October 2017, 16:24:25 »

I kept it as short as I could Don. Missed a lot out, but it was still long winded & tedious.  ;D

I knew that Don.  :y.............did you ever finish building that guitar btw ?
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 08 October 2017, 11:42:48 »

I kept it as short as I could Don. Missed a lot out, but it was still long winded & tedious.  ;D

I knew that Don.  :y.............did you ever finish building that guitar btw ?

I got an SG copy Albs , nice kit ,not too expensive . I stained it cherry oak and added some gentle shading with an airbrush on front . It looked very good.
The fourth coat of 2K lacquer reacted with the previous ,down to dissimilar hardener causing it all to go pear shape . Ordinary stripper does not work with 2K so LSS it was packed up and stored in the loft awaiting serious attention . I intend to refinish and build it over this coming winter but due to the severity of the problem it may have to go piano black..
I have a couple of electric acoustics so I have been able to strum away ,but I'll never be a player . :'(
Have you listened to this guy , Keb Mo .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbOXTLj-lKM
Not too bad for a couple of old pensioners.....good steel guitar player too.
Don

Mr Gav

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds
    • Nissan 370z GT Edition
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 08 October 2017, 13:19:23 »

Cracking album, the best they have done since the first album  :y
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 22 queries.