Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TV questions  (Read 1091 times)

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
TV questions
« on: 16 February 2020, 07:44:52 »

When it comes to such stuff I'm a complete thicko-ok I'm a complete thicko all round[but at least I'm good at it :D]anyway what if any differences are there between a TV with freeview and one with freeplay? What do you lose/gain from one to the other? If I want to put a TV in my bedroom how do I make it work i.e, how does it get the signal without trailing a co-ax cable from my front room to the bedroom?

pscocoa

• Omega Baron
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • Volvo V90 D5 AWD
    • View Profile
Re: TV questions
« Reply #1 on: 16 February 2020, 09:20:16 »

Don't know of Freeplay but what you seem to be getting at is access to streaming services including main TV channels without an aerial or wires. Assuming you have decent wifi in the house then there are a number of options. I have used in the past a Humax Espresso which includes TV Player meaning you can watch live TV with a slight delay without an aerial. Also used for streaming Netflix etc. There maybe a subscription to TV Player after an introductory period,
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://[/img]

pscocoa

• Omega Baron
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • Volvo V90 D5 AWD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 16 February 2020, 09:24:05 »

[img name=signat_img_resize]http://[/img]

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 16 February 2020, 11:15:23 »

This link Baza explains, better than I can, all about Freeview Play, which I have on both my televisions:

https://www.freeview.co.uk/freeview-play

Those are both Panasonic (other makes are available with Freeview Play) Smart televisions which gives me options of connecting, via my wi-fi hub (BT), to the web and various apps.  I have put co-axle sockets in for both sets, but in theory you could (apparently, although I have never done it) stream everything to my bedroom tv using just the wi-fi.

I can make programmes go to he start, I can catch up on many channels, and stream just so much.  For me, who sometimes struggles with the new techy thingy, Freeview Play and my Smart TV's gives me everything I need 8)  ;)
« Last Edit: 16 February 2020, 11:18:38 by Lizzie Zoom »

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 16 February 2020, 12:07:04 »

Haven't a clue what all this streaming business is all about.Basically the TV I have at present has freeview built in which obviously needs the co-ax plugged in or I can switch to watching via the VM Tivobox for extra channels.What I was thinking of was to replace the present TV in my front room and put the present one into my bedroom which would in the main at least be used for watching the programmes I presently get on freeview,but wondered for the new one whether it was worth getting one with freeplay as opposed to freeview and if I did this how the signal could be got to my bedroom without wires trailing all over the place.I know indoor aerials can be bought but are they any good?I know at one time[many years ago such aerials were more trouble than they were worth.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 22 queries.