Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Remember that little water leak...  (Read 2713 times)

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
Re: Remember that little water leak...
« Reply #15 on: 22 May 2020, 21:19:11 »

F*ucking hell........and there was me thinking 5 minutes with the silicone sealant would sort it. :-\

Take the insurance company for every penny they have. :y
That would be billions, doubt it will cost that much  :-\

It would if I was making the claim. :)
So you got billions for your greenhouse orangery?

Didn't you know that Orangeries are very expensive in Lincolnsausageshire Uncle STEMO?  :)

I think it because they have to be constructed so that they don't sink into the bog....  :-\   ;D
Or get blown away by the howling gales that scream down the North Sea. :y
He's as far away from the coast as you are  ;D
Oh, that's a shame.  :)

raywilb

• Omega Knight
  • york
    • DS DS4
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 24 May 2020, 13:52:55 »

my father in-law died , he had asbestosis through working in the coach building industry .employed at 15 as an apprentice joiner for British rail. he was an amazing man , never had time off through illness. did the last 20yrs on nights doing 4 x 12 hr shifts. on a sunday night i,d meet up with him & have a drink with him & on our way home for about a year he would complain about the pains he were having but still never saw a doctor. eventually the family doctor was called & he remarked that technically he shouldn,t be seeing him cos he had never seen a doctor he wasn,t registered anywhere. however they got him into an hospital & 7 days later he died. 1974 at the age of 64. sorry i kind of hi-jacked the op post.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 24 May 2020, 13:59:24 »

Not really Ray as we were talking about asbestos.  :y

I always remember a Radio 4 programme about the shipbuilding yards on Tyneside and how loads of the workers were dying of asbestosis before they fully understood the dangers.  A female bus conductor also died of it as she'd breathed in the asbestos dust that was on the men's overalls as they got on the bus home.  :(
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Keith ABS

• Omega Baron
  • Maldon Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 24 May 2020, 14:17:50 »

The ar$ehole of an ex father-in-law I had used to boast that he would go through asbestosis. he was a pipefitter apprentice when they were still using the powdered asbestos as lagging. It was a job he loved, pouring the powder into buckets of water to mix up into a paste.
He used to keep saying about it. so one day after the story again, I said at his cremation it would take a week to burn him due to all of it inside him. he never commented agian with everyone laughing at the comment ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 24 May 2020, 14:34:31 »

My Grandfather in my Dad's side was an electrical fitter at Chatham refitting submarines, so it's possible that this had a bearing on Dad's lungs :-\

It's all becoming a bit of a nightmare, and I'm just waiting for them to pull the ceiling/floor and decide that the joist is rotten and the rsj that the joists sit on is rotten...

Not sure at what point a house would be written off at, but it feels like that may be the least stressful route :-\

Alternatively, there's part of me that just wants to rip the garage ceiling down and eliminate it as an issue.  :-X
Onanists always think outside the box.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 24 May 2020, 14:39:00 »

I can well remember helping my Dad do the brakes on cars when I was a kid. We thought nothing of removing the brake drums and blowing all the dust out with a few deep breaths. Didn't know there was any problem with Asbestos in those days.
I suppose, at 60, theres still time for it to come back and bite me on the arse. Although 9 years in a foundry with all the silica particles floating in the air, and after that, 20 years of concrete dust, might also do something similar.
Not forgetting 30 cigs a day for 25 years.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 24 May 2020, 14:41:02 »

The ar$ehole of an ex father-in-law I had used to boast that he would go through asbestosis. he was a pipefitter apprentice when they were still using the powdered asbestos as lagging. It was a job he loved, pouring the powder into buckets of water to mix up into a paste.
He used to keep saying about it. so one day after the story again, I said at his cremation it would take a week to burn him due to all of it inside him. he never commented agian with everyone laughing at the comment ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Every time we came home from anywhere & parked up alongside the dock side, the dockyard workers would come onboard and smash the lagging off. The dust would fill all the the engine &/or boiler room and elsewhere besides .....  ??? ???

STEMO

« Reply #22 on: 24 May 2020, 16:10:14 »

My Grandfather in my Dad's side was an electrical fitter at Chatham refitting submarines, so it's possible that this had a bearing on Dad's lungs :-\

It's all becoming a bit of a nightmare, and I'm just waiting for them to pull the ceiling/floor and decide that the joist is rotten and the rsj that the joists sit on is rotten...

Not sure at what point a house would be written off at, but it feels like that may be the least stressful route :-\

Alternatively, there's part of me that just wants to rip the garage ceiling down and eliminate it as an issue.  :-X
Well...if you find a rolled steel joist that is rotten....take a picture.  ;D
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 22 queries.