Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Front door loom connector  (Read 3500 times)

Martin_1962

Re: Front door loom connector
« Reply #15 on: 12 July 2006, 16:16:29 »

The tweeter and bass driver use seperate cables into the door, when I did my CD2.0 I didn't find where they were joined

nixoro

• Omega Baron
  • Hitchin, Herts
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 13 July 2006, 08:39:00 »

The tweeter and bass driver use seperate cables into the door, when I did my CD2.0 I didn't find where they were joined

I think this maybe the difference facelift or pre facelift, only my omega 97P the tweeter cable looked to be seperate from the bass speaker cable when I was last inside the door removing my clicking check strap.

HTH

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 15 July 2006, 11:03:01 »

Right, I sort of gave up on that connector, and yet again, sort of put the job off, as it was working ok again.

This morning, its playing up again. I turned the balance/fader purely to drivers front speaker, and only getting a quiet muffle from it (with intermittent bouts of working properly). Both speaker and tweeter were almost silent.

From previous posts, does this rule out speaker and that connector. Where should I look next?
Grumpy old man

sounds2k

• Omega Knight
  • Queenborough, Kent
    • Saabs and a Jag XFR
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 15 July 2006, 14:31:49 »

from what I remember on my pre-facelift when I was trying to find out what had been done to the bose amplifier, there is a multi-way connector under the driver's side kick panel too which has all the speaker connections on it. Might be worth reseating that one as well but as it doesn't normally get touched, I wouldn't have thought this would be the problem ...
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 21 queries.