Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Live data on cheap code reader  (Read 3800 times)

shyboy

• Omega Knight
  • Southport, merseyside.
    • Mazda 6
    • View Profile
Re: Live data on cheap code reader
« Reply #15 on: 11 August 2017, 09:57:34 »

Thanks for the advice. The MAF is being replaced later today, as we don't have time to do anything else. Fingers crossed.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 11 August 2017, 10:18:46 »

Do we have any confidence that the code reader concerned reports the MAF correctly under normal circumstances?

Might be worth trying it on another Omega or getting this Omega to a tech 2 to be sure.

Does the code reader report the raw MAF value, or the voltage?
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

shyboy

• Omega Knight
  • Southport, merseyside.
    • Mazda 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 11 August 2017, 16:14:23 »

Thanks for your interest, gents.
The MAF has been replaced with a Bosch item which was supplied by a good motor factor in a Bosch box. We had no time to get one from the local Vauxhall dealer, but the hopefully good news is that this one is obviously working and varying with revs.
There is no MIL showing and the MAF code has disappeared leaving P0150 and P0155.
I am not with the car now, but the first reading on tick-over was 3.0g/s, which went as high as 10/11/12g with increased revs. and after a 4 mile run the reading was between 3.5 and 4g on tick-over. I can't recall whether this was with AC on or off I'm afraid.
No option now but to let the car go to France and hope for the best. My son is competent enough to get help abroad if necessary but I hope he doesn't have that hassle.
Thanks again.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 11 August 2017, 16:24:12 »

Those readings sound about right to me. Sounds like it's fixed and you can depart with confidence. :y
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Andy H

• Omega Lord
  • Auckland
    • Mazda MPV
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 11 August 2017, 16:36:58 »

P0150 is bank 2 sensor 1 lambda sensor not giving a useful reading and P0155 is that the heater for that sensor isn't working.

It needs fixing but it might not be a big problem in the short term if the MAF error caused the long term fuel trims to be reset.
"Deja Moo - The feeling that you've heard this bull somewhere before."

shyboy

• Omega Knight
  • Southport, merseyside.
    • Mazda 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 11 August 2017, 16:42:31 »

Thanks Kevin, and Andy H and everyone else for your help and interest.The old girl's driving beautifully now.
I'll tackle the remaining problems when it gets back.
Thank you all again. I've learned a lot in the past week.
Another great commendation for this Forum.
« Last Edit: 11 August 2017, 16:46:56 by shyboy »

terry paget

• Omega Baron
  • Midsomer Norton Somerset
    • 3 Astras 2 Vectra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 11 August 2017, 21:12:27 »

Congratulations, shyboy. I'll wager you didn't know what you were taking on when you embarked on your first cam belt change job at 77. We didn't know then that your son was taking the car onto the continent in 4 weeks time, and that you might stumble into more problems. It sounds like the MAF senor was the problem, and it has arrived in the nick of time.

I wish your lad a good and trouble free holiday. I hope he appreciates your efforts.

shyboy

• Omega Knight
  • Southport, merseyside.
    • Mazda 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 11 August 2017, 21:32:36 »

Cheers, TP.
You're right of course about unearthing unexpected difficulties but I enjoyed every minute of it and obtained a great sense of achievement and acquired knowledge.
The really nice part of it all was finding so many people, not all of whom are known to me personally, who were prepared to offer help, advice and encouragement.
God forbid that I ever have to look after as many Miggies as you do.
We have two superb sons, each of whom always appreciates what we do for them. Won't be long before the boot has to be on the other foot, though.  ;D
Cheers,
Bill.
« Last Edit: 11 August 2017, 21:35:23 by shyboy »

shyboy

• Omega Knight
  • Southport, merseyside.
    • Mazda 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 21 September 2017, 17:54:52 »

Just an update on this one.
The car went to France and Belgium without a hitch so it was clearly the MAF which was the main problem.
However, on it's return journey from Dover, the traction control light came on and it came home in 'limp mode' with no auto selector lights on or sport mode working.
I'm going to have to start a new thread about this in the near future after I've gleaned all the knowledge I can on this particular subject.
Hopefully I'll be able to crack this also with help from the experts on here. Thankfully the car isn't an essential daily transport so I can take my time.
Cheers,
Bill. 

shyboy

• Omega Knight
  • Southport, merseyside.
    • Mazda 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 26 September 2017, 09:10:25 »

It's not worth starting a new thread on this one but the following might be useful to my fellow 'less experienced' members on here.
Having read up on the ins and outs of the apparent TC and ABS problems after the vehicle's return from France, I went outside last night to prepare things for getting underneath today to try to sort things out. The first thing I did was to re-read the handbook and suddenly realised that there is a fuse (No. 9) for the auto transmission, and lo and behold, it had blown. All adverse symptoms eliminated with one simple procedure.  ::)
It hasn't blown again, so I'm wondering what might have caused this in the first place. When the symptoms occurred the car had been towing from Bruges, for a couple of hours in very hot weather, with a break on the ferry of course. Could this have been a contributory factor or is it more likely just one of those times when a fuse gives up for no apparent reason.
Anyone got experience of this? The ATF is going to be changed imminently as a normal service item anyway.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 27 September 2017, 18:17:56 »

This happened to the chap from Leeds, who's name escapes me (used to come to Lakes meets, with his wife Winnie, who was in a chair)
Grumpy old man

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 28 September 2017, 11:33:25 »

This happened to the chap from Leeds, who's name escapes me (used to come to Lakes meets, with his wife Winnie, who was in a chair)
Cliffo B :y
Onanists always think outside the box.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 29 September 2017, 18:58:18 »

Cliffo B :y
That's the chap :)
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 22 queries.