Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Omega Clearance all at trade prices to clear  (Read 3565 times)

david_omega

Omega Clearance all at trade prices to clear
« on: 20 May 2010, 12:07:03 »

Been offered quite a few astras from the police, so....
with regret,  a speedy clearance of all my "retail" omegas.

These are all at COST price and not realy negotiable, i would like to offer them to you guys first dibs.

there are adverts if you look in this section, for all of these cars, with full information,  but, in summary:

51 2.6 cdx estate 124k auto, gold, new mot etc £1295 !!

02 2.2 CD saloon auto nocturno blue 87k mot aug, taxed, £995 !!

51 3.2 special saloon white auto 133k mot oct, £975

02 2.2 cd black 125k, new head gasket, needs crank sensor as its failing slowly £750 needs an mot

these are all worth a lot more, but clearing them out to make room for the astras.  feel free to call me to view or discuss etc..

joshwyatt

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Clearance all at trade prices to clear
« Reply #1 on: 20 May 2010, 12:48:06 »

These are all at COST price and not realy negotiable, i would like to offer them to you guys first dibs.

there are adverts if you look in this section, for all of these cars, with full information,  but, in summary:

02 2.2 cd black 125k, new head gasket, needs crank sensor as its failing slowly £750 needs an mot

these are all worth a lot more, but clearing them out to make room for the astras.  feel free to call me to view or discuss etc..

Now that is a real bargain, I've seen similiar one's go for more at auction with no tax...whoever buys that will be getting a cheap car!

HARRY-H

« Reply #2 on: 20 May 2010, 14:01:09 »

These prices may appear a "real bargain", BUT real clarification is required on what people are actually getting here.

The 02 black 2.2 cd was originally advertised on here as having done 140k.  Then it dropped down to just below 124k by the time it hit his eBay site approximately 2 weeks ago, priced at £1895.
This car was - and still is - advertised on his eBay site as being MOT'd till May 2011 - and yet in the last two hours on here the car suddenly doesn't have an MOT at all! (and it needs a new crank sensor)
So this begs the question:  Was the car given a fresh MOT (as advertised!) - taking it to May 2011 - or not?

The noctorno blue 02 blue 2.2 cd had an MOT taking it to May 2011 as well.  Now all of a sudden in the last two hours on here (this thread) the MOT is only till August 2010.

Lovely looking cars at apparently great new "cost" prices, but what are the PROPER details on these cars?

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 20 May 2010, 14:03:27 »

Harry.

Simon is a trader and sells quite a few Omega's, are you sure you are not getting his cars mixed up.  :y

Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

HARRY-H

« Reply #4 on: 20 May 2010, 14:14:44 »

Hi Mr Skruntie.

He advertised two 2.2 cd saloons on here on the 28th of April.  The thread  "pair of 2.2 saloons" is on page 2.

On his eBay site right now he has the same two vehicles advertised (same regs), so unless he has another black one and another blue one with the exact same details/specs, then it's safe to assume we're talking about the same two cars here.

:-?
« Last Edit: 20 May 2010, 14:28:13 by HARRY-H »

markspark

• Bolton
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 20 May 2010, 15:19:00 »

These prices may appear a "real bargain", BUT real clarification is required on what people are actually getting here.

The 02 black 2.2 cd was originally advertised on here as having done 140k.  Then it dropped down to just below 124k by the time it hit his eBay site approximately 2 weeks ago, priced at £1895.
This car was - and still is - advertised on his eBay site as being MOT'd till May 2011 - and yet in the last two hours on here the car suddenly doesn't have an MOT at all! (and it needs a new crank sensor)
So this begs the question:  Was the car given a fresh MOT (as advertised!) - taking it to May 2011 - or not?

The noctorno blue 02 blue 2.2 cd had an MOT taking it to May 2011 as well.  Now all of a sudden in the last two hours on here (this thread) the MOT is only till August 2010.

Lovely looking cars at apparently great new "cost" prices, but what are the PROPER details on these cars?
As he has said he is making way for new stock ive no doubt that if you want to pay the full price listed on ebay he will put full mot on the cars it will then run out in may2011. He has put then on here a deal to oofers so we get 1st dabs whats wrong with that if you bought at the cheeper price you would be getting a good deal even if you mot'd the car yourself  :y

filterdal

• essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 20 May 2010, 15:19:13 »

Are you looking too buy, or are you just bored and want  to be critical ,too many people want to point out things when they not even looking to  buy ,,also do you really think he is clocking his motors :question :exclamation

david_omega

« Reply #7 on: 20 May 2010, 15:40:26 »

lol thanks for clarification,  yes, on ebay they where all retailed at retail price with new mots, but

being i have slashed them on trade terms,  you get them as they are.

you are of course, with the £995 one, which expires in august, more than welcome to pay the asking of £1895 as on ebay, where sure as hell it will have a years MOT!

re the 140 then changed to 124,  i bought the car as a non runner with advertised 140 mileage, when the car was delivered it had infact got 124 on the clock.  hense it was changed, but thanks for taking the time to check for me.
We have done the head gasket and belts, now the crank sensor is playing up i havent the time to do it hense its cheap.

you are of course welcome to it at £1895 with a new mot and a crank sensor!

as per the original thread,  these cars are listed cheap to clear,  therefore, all the retail benefits of a years mot service etc etc are lost. but you save £1k ish, and do all that yourself.
i will put all 3 in the auction if not, but rather oof members get 1st tabs on a deal..

Re- Clocking:   If i clocked my motors, the £895 cd(x) special would be wound back to 80k from 176 and would be sold for £1500 but i would get 6 months in prison, hense, its not worth the hassle.

so, thanks for pointing out the fact that now the cars arent retail and are trade, the price has dropped., that was the idea.

HARRY-H

« Reply #8 on: 20 May 2010, 15:40:36 »

Are you looking too buy, or are you just bored and want  to be critical ,too many people want to point out things when they not even looking to  buy ,,also do you really think he is clocking his motors :question :exclamation

I didn't say he was clocking his cars!  (you should read the post properly and not jump to silly conclusions)

I'm talking about the inconsistencies in his advertisements - ie what he's written when he describes said cars (the two 2.2 cd saloons)  that he has for sale.
Just because the prices drop dramatically doesn't mean it's okay to change the original information advertised to something different.

The black 2.2 cd has been advertised for at least two weeks now as having an MOT until May 2011 - now, this afternoon, it doesn't have an MOT.
So that would suggest it didn't have an MOT in the first place.

These things are important, regardless of any new/updated price!

david_omega

« Reply #9 on: 20 May 2010, 15:45:47 »

he raised a valid point albeit a strange approach seing as no one has called about them, and being a brand new member, i suspect its an existing member getting a cob becuase i deal in omegas but im not fussed, constructive observations do help.

and to clarrify,  no cars are ever clocked, else i lose the full history that comes with them!

if i didnt have 11 1.7 astras on the table i would be hanging on to these nice omegas and getting more money for them, truth is, im not interested as they arent elite or mv6 they arent 3.2 litre and they dont need to take up the space.

so anyone after any of the listed cars, they come "as is" and are ready to go.
regards.

david_omega

« Reply #10 on: 20 May 2010, 15:48:08 »

I didn't say he was clocking his cars!  (you should read the post properly and not jump to silly conclusions)

I'm talking about the inconsistencies in his advertisements - ie what he's written when he describes said cars (the two 2.2 cd saloons)  that he has for sale.
Just because the prices drop dramatically doesn't mean it's okay to change the original information advertised to something different

The black 2.2 cd has been advertised for at least two weeks now as having an MOT until May 2011 - now, this afternoon, it doesn't have an MOT.

correct, but upon sale a years mot will be put on the car at retail price.
these are now not being retailed and are in effect at auction price to clear.

these are now offered trade. if you want one, give me a shout and can give you the full info.

markspark

• Bolton
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 20 May 2010, 15:49:55 »

Just because the prices drop dramatically doesn't mean it's okay to change the original information advertised to something different.

Your not right in the head get a life !! he would mot the car when sold that way the buyer would get full mot it does also say 6 moths tax do you really think he is going to tax and mot a car just to leave it sat there running out whilst its forsale

tidla

• Omega Baron
  • solihull
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 20 May 2010, 22:29:04 »

try and do a good turn, what do you get... :-?

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 20 May 2010, 22:39:29 »

Your not right in the head get a life !! he would mot the car when sold that way the buyer would get full mot it does also say 6 moths tax do you really think he is going to tax and mot a car just to leave it sat there running out whilst its forsale

Totally un-called for. Harry H presented a perfectly reasoned question without the need for name calling. Even Simon couldn't argue with the apparent discrepancies, but all was, as suspected, above board.

Hannah Judes Dad

• Omega Knight
  • Cleethorpes North East Lincs
    • the misses round the bend
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 21 May 2010, 00:12:46 »

try and do a good turn, what do you get... :-?

Caught by the police for making black donughts ?  ;D
Don't wee on the electric fence

david_omega

« Reply #15 on: 21 May 2010, 22:13:45 »

Blue 2002 02 now sold.

and possibly the gold estate too.

just the 02  2.2 in black,  and the white 3.2 to sell now.

Will B

• Oxfordshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 22 May 2010, 04:13:22 »

Interesting thread lol, good luck with the sales  :y
Wants an mv6!

david_omega

« Reply #17 on: 22 May 2010, 21:57:08 »

[size=18]Cars no longer available[/size][/color]

harpersimon

• Marlow, Bucks
  • Live fast, Die young - leave a good looking corpse
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 24 May 2010, 12:36:17 »

Just to check in my 2 penn'orth, I am hoping Simon is legit :-) as I just bought a car from him! (seems a bloody nice bloke with a passion for these cars so no reason to suspect any wrong doing.

omega6

• Midlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 31 May 2010, 11:18:31 »

yjose arent exactly cost prices

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 07 June 2010, 23:29:36 »

[size=18]Cars no longer available[/size][/color]

therefore locking....
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.07 seconds with 21 queries.