Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: Scotland  (Read 23355 times)

pscocoa

• Omega Baron
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • Volvo V90 D5 AWD
    • View Profile
Re: Scotland
« Reply #75 on: 12 September 2014, 08:03:04 »

When will the Reading issue be tackled - more T K Max than Devo Max possibly?
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://[/img]

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 12 September 2014, 08:11:31 »

When will the Reading issue be tackled - more T K Max than Devo Max possibly?

They've found a prime minister, apparently. He's just looking for a Transit tipper and some "Dags", then he'll hit the campaign trail. ;)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

candyman

• Carrickfergus, N Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 12 September 2014, 09:23:39 »

This is just the start of it , Wales next then Ireland   :(
I don't wish to be the bearer of bad news, but Ireland has been a self contained, free and independent republic since 24th April 1916 ::)
Not all of it and that date was only the start of it , 'the easter rising'. 6 counties still remain part of the union for the time being. Look up info about the flag protests in the last couple of years to confirm this. I don't think you'll get rid of us that easily!
ongoing projects- 99 3.0 elite est, 90 xr4x4 est twin turbo. expensive ornament- mz baghira supermoto. mk2 granada 2.8 gradualy disappearing in storage

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 12 September 2014, 10:56:03 »

The conservatives have just one MP in the whole of Scotland, and are not well received north of the border.

You don't find many Labour MP's in the West Country yet we had to endure 13 years of New Liebore!  :(

Despite that there's no appetite for cutting ourselves adrift round here, apart from the Cornish who are getting a bit uppity!  ;D

Don't you have Somerset and Devon to keep you apart?.... ;D ;D

If Scotland get independence, then I'm forming the Somerset Independence Party. If they can live on Shortbread, Whiskey and Haggis, then I'm sure we can make our way in the world on Cheddar Cheese, Faggots and Cider (propur Scrumpy - not that fizzy pish from Hereford/Ireland).  :D

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 12 September 2014, 11:01:00 »

If Scotland get independence, then I'm forming the Somerset Independence Party. If they can live on Shortbread, Whiskey and Haggis, then I'm sure we can make our way in the world on Cheddar Cheese, Faggots and Cider (propur Scrumpy - not that fizzy pish from Hereford/Ireland).  :D

The EU will soon put the kibosh on that due to greenhouse gas emissions. ::)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

05omegav6

« Reply #80 on: 12 September 2014, 11:17:14 »

That's assuming that either northern France or Zummerzet would be allowed in the EU. Presumably the tax revenue from both added together would be negligible  :-\ Afterall, the only reason Scotland got all those shiny new roads twenty years ago was because the EU we paid for them ::)

davieboy0312

• wishaw
    • 3l V6 saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 12 September 2014, 11:35:13 »

What shiny roads?

05omegav6

« Reply #82 on: 12 September 2014, 11:48:06 »

The ones that we paid for in the mid '90s like the dualing of the A9 from Perth to Inverness, the causeways on and off the Black Isle, the whole of Orkney got properly resurfaced between '94 and '96, can safely presume that the west coast and other Island groups were treated similarly.

Fair enough, the probably didn't bother with Cumbernauld, but then, why would you ::)

Ok dualling the A9 is a bit of an overstatement, but they did manage to bypass every single town, village and hamlet upto Inverness...
« Last Edit: 12 September 2014, 12:00:09 by Doesn't play well with others... »

davieboy0312

• wishaw
    • 3l V6 saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 12 September 2014, 11:56:20 »

Most of the roads in on are wrecked. Pot holes and bits missing everywhere. Hate Cumbernauld its all roundabouts

05omegav6

« Reply #84 on: 12 September 2014, 12:01:56 »

Most of the roads in on are wrecked. Pot holes and bits missing everywhere. Hate Cumbernauld its all roundabouts
Had a mate who grew up there... his conclusion was that if they flattened the place yesterday, then it wouldn't be soon enough ::)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 12 September 2014, 12:09:06 »

Had a mate who grew up there... his conclusion was that if they flattened the place yesterday, then it wouldn't be soon enough ::)

I stayed there for a night a few years back. I got the impression that it is a bit like a Milton Keynes of the North - but without the rich cultural tapestry. ;)

davieboy0312

• wishaw
    • 3l V6 saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 12 September 2014, 12:21:20 »

Nothing good has ever came from Cumbernauld. Even the ladies should be kept in a zoo

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 12 September 2014, 12:34:04 »

That's assuming that either northern France or Zummerzet would be allowed in the EU. Presumably the tax revenue from both added together would be negligible  :-\ Afterall, the only reason Scotland got all those shiny new roads twenty years ago was because the EU we paid for them ::)

Total cheadar Cheese sales were £2.8bn last year. If Scotland is entitled to all the revenue from North sea oil/gas, then I say Somerset is entitled to all the revenue from Chedder cheese worldwide. The EU will be begging us to join and help bail out the rest of Europe.

http://www.dairyco.org.uk/market-information/dairy-sales-consumption/cheese-market/cheese-market/

Of course, sales figures for Scrumpy are a little - shall we say - hazy  ;D

05omegav6

« Reply #88 on: 12 September 2014, 12:48:54 »

As soon as Mr Salmond realises that he needs to raise duty levels on landed gas and oil to pay for his folly, and then proceeds to do so, the oil companies will soon land it elsewhere... ::)

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 12 September 2014, 12:50:23 »

Good point - self sufficient in Natural gas too - although we probably will have to import pickled onions so that will affect balance of payments. Just have to build an (un)natural gas fired power station, and get CND in to de-commission Hinkley Point nuclear power station and spread all the nuclear waste somewhere un-important - like Dorset, Devon, Hampshire and Wiltshire.

Now where's my DVD box set of Citizen Smith.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 15   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 18 queries.