Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Recommended Suppliers section...  (Read 4253 times)

05omegav6

Recommended Suppliers section...
« on: 17 September 2014, 10:51:45 »

Is it closed for refurbishment or as a sign of the current economic uncertainty surrounding you know what :-\

05omegav6

Re: Recommended Suppliers section...
« Reply #1 on: 17 September 2014, 11:31:03 »

Is it closed for refurbishment or as a sign of the current economic uncertainty surrounding you know what :-\
If it's simply being refurbished, will you be looking to restock it with links to reliable suppliers for various things, be it parts... ATP, Dealer clearance, or All German; Services such as alignment... WIM or Nigel Langs; a list of members who are prepared to carry out repair/servicing work, along with the types of jobs that they might undertake/if they travel etc...; Any other services provided by members such as Breakers like Robg/Omegod/Steve; Taxis; Computer related help etc...

I know there's the sticky at the top of the Parts section, but might be useful to have any contact links for commonly asked items such as suspension items, ATP for example, lists a large variety of parts from droplinks through to manifolds via exhausts.

Might be a bit too much time and effort to have a full blown OOF directory though :-\

chrisgixer

« Reply #2 on: 17 September 2014, 12:25:10 »

I think time is the issue Al tbh.

Or delegation maybe.... :-\

05omegav6

« Reply #3 on: 17 September 2014, 16:28:27 »

Quite possibly...

Some established providers, ie AllGerman/WIM/Nigel Langs etc, are pretty obvious and any others could be on a submission basis, via the test zone. Any submission would sit there for a week and would need positive membership endorsement of say 50,000 post counts to be added to the endorsed provider section, (the 50,000 posts being the combined total post counts of the members endorsing each provider). This would provide reassurance to members that those providers are capable in what they are providing and that people have used those providers previously and been happy with them. Admins would have the final say on any provider, and could reserve the right to refuse/withdraw a submission based on corroborated negative experiences discussed via PM, rather than open defamatory comments/accusations. The idea being for this to be a positive system.

Once in the Endorsed section, listings could have a finite lifespan, after which providers would need to resubmit.

For example, summat like: "Hi, my name is Al. I am Sussex based and provide the following services: Brake work, general servicing (except cambelts- I am able to do my own but there are better people for this job), bolt on panel replacement, hbv/thermostat/radiator/condenser changing, clutch/gearbox changing (with assistance), interior repairs/retrofits. Anything else considered, just ask. Will travel for fuel costs." could be posted in the Test Zone.
People for whom I/A N Other provider have carried out work for could then post their endorsement on the same thread in the Test Zone, and provided the combined total post counts of the people endorsing reaches the threshold within a week, then the listing gets moved to the Endorsed Section, where it will remain for a fixed period of time.

Each provider could perhaps be rated by members each time they use them :y / ??? / :( but suspect that might complicate things :-\ and this happens to an extent already anyways...

Apologies for rambling slightly, this is simply an idea which might be positive if it's workable, but equally is no matter if it's not viable :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 17 September 2014, 18:39:01 »

:-X
Grumpy old man

05omegav6

« Reply #5 on: 17 September 2014, 19:24:36 »

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 18 September 2014, 18:41:33 »

This any clearer?

:-X  :-X  :-X
Grumpy old man

chrisgixer

« Reply #7 on: 18 September 2014, 18:50:16 »

Either something is afoot, or he's not interested.

I wonder which? ;D

05omegav6

« Reply #8 on: 18 September 2014, 18:53:37 »

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 18 September 2014, 19:09:43 »

Either something is afoot, or he's not interested.

I wonder which? ;D
A serious bout of CBA, or simply being too busy to deal currently?

We did define criteria in order to be considered for such a section, and that severely trimmed it down...
Grumpy old man

chrisgixer

« Reply #10 on: 18 September 2014, 19:13:23 »

I presume a certain oil supplier has made life rather... Awkward?

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 18 September 2014, 19:27:29 »

Not really. Well, not in that respect anyway.

They actually meet the criteria ;)
Grumpy old man

chrisgixer

« Reply #12 on: 18 September 2014, 20:05:14 »

Well that needs a re think then, clearly ;D

05omegav6

« Reply #13 on: 18 September 2014, 21:24:30 »

;D at least my idea involved a certain level of member recommendation  ::)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 20 September 2014, 13:57:54 »

They have an decent level of satisfaction TBH, and meet the criteria.

Admittedly, they do not meet the criteria of Gixer and Taxi Al, but you can't please everyone ;)
Grumpy old man

05omegav6

« Reply #15 on: 21 September 2014, 00:06:28 »

Admittedly, they do not meet the criteria of Gixer and Taxi Al, but you can't please everyone ;)
Don't go tarring me with the Reading Mardy brush ::) ;D

chrisgixer

« Reply #16 on: 21 September 2014, 05:37:06 »

Don't go tarring me with the Reading Mardy brush ::) ;D
Or me.  >:(

;D

....although, I see a good few more people queueing up on their threads to moan about spamming and false advertising claims than just Al and I. Let's be accurate if nothing else. ;)

In fact the only person I see that thinks them recommendable in any way is TB. But hay, you can't please everyone. ;D

Although seriously, why? They are far from cheapest. Especially given trade club. ( and it's no good people moaning about having to pay £20 to access TC as its a trade only company strictly speaking)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 21 September 2014, 09:05:50 »

Agreed. I don't buy "boutique" engine oils, but have used them for ATF, servicing parts and so on, and have always found them reasonable and quick. Overpriced engine oils will always be just that, wherever you buy. Nobody forces anyone to buy them.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 21 September 2014, 10:07:04 »

In fact the only person I see that thinks them recommendable in any way is TB. But hay, you can't please everyone. ;D
Well, the feedback I get from people who have used them, myself included (for ATF when its on a very special offer), is they are fast and efficient and quite slick, pardon the pun.

Accept the fact that some people like perceived higher quality engine oils, esp if they plan to leave them in for 20k as per the manufacturers service schedule, rather than what they read on the Internet. Its certainly not what I do, or what I'd recommend, but I cannot dictate what others do with their cars.

As for where the offers are being posted, to be perfectly honest, that's our (admin) fault, as we cannot find what we deem a suitable way to get the recommended sellers bit working for them - the software lacks the flexibility to do what we want in this instance, and the coding required (which will need reviewing on every SMF update) is too much, too integrated. That's where we are.
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 21 September 2014, 10:16:48 »

Also, whilst discussing this, you'll notice that unlike most other clubs, we do not have any insurance companies and the like as recommended suppliers. These all work on a commission basis, where a percentage of the premium goes back to "the club" and/or owner of it.

Just so everyone is absolutely 100% clear, as I've seen some suggestions/allegations to the contrary, neither "the club" or its owners get any kind of backhander/commission/payment from these suppliers. We'd rather any such payment is knocked off the bill to club members at the point of purchase in the form of discount.

So the suggestion that Mark, Broocie, Barry, James, Kevin or I receive anything from these suppliers* is 'dangle berries'. Just so that is clear. The OOF club account also doesn't.

* Though obviously we get the same discounts as club members if/when we use the supplier :)
Grumpy old man

05omegav6

« Reply #20 on: 21 September 2014, 10:43:40 »

And long may that last TB 8) I have never suggested anyything to the contrary btw :y

chrisgixer

« Reply #21 on: 21 September 2014, 11:36:58 »

I have. Purely looking for a reason why one member is alowed to completely flaunt forum guide lines way above and beyond anything seen on here, while others are pulled up for the slightest indiscretion. (And usually because somebody moaned to admin by pm rather than publicly I must add, that's never been my bag)

The apparent hypocracy of this situation is the reason for Assuming/wondering/asking if they contribute finically, (note that this is not an "accusation" but a question) as there seems to be no other reason to allow them to behave as they do. That being, to behave on here like no other member is allowed to, and then defend them in the face of complaint.

To me this aspect is completely incomprehensible given the effort admin put into every other area of administration on here. Yet these guys are defended to the hilt. So given the above perhaps you might understand why people jump to conclusions, and wonder what's going on.

...I still don't understand why they aren't deakt with in the same way rehular members are. I really don't. Again, I wonder, (rather than accuse etc) why if CBA,that job isn't delegated.

I realise being paid is against some philosophy or other re running oof, but personally I don't see why you should not be paid. Not at all. But that's your choice and fair do's. But it makes this situation even more incomprehensible imo. If you where being paid by advertisers I could understand that. Although we all understand ads are a bit irritating in themselves.

All of that seems fair which ever path is chosen. Except you for......know who.

This post is far longer than I intended so apologies there.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 21 September 2014, 21:08:42 »

...I still don't understand why they aren't deakt with in the same way rehular members are. I really don't. Again, I wonder, (rather than accuse etc) why if CBA,that job isn't delegated.
If I've understood correctly, given Apples attempt at really oppsing it up, they are dealt with in mostly the same way as any other member, with the exception of allowing to sell with less than 250 posts. This is obviously a necessity.

I realise being paid is against some philosophy or other re running oof, but personally I don't see why you should not be paid. Not at all. But that's your choice and fair do's. But it makes this situation even more incomprehensible imo. If you where being paid by advertisers I could understand that. Although we all understand ads are a bit irritating in themselves.
Potential for corruption. Lets say Cem Tyres (Turkey) Ltd offer me a tenner commission for every 215/50/17 SC5 tyre sold, then my recommendations and ramblings could well be corrupted (or at least seen corrupted).
Grumpy old man

chrisgixer

« Reply #23 on: 21 September 2014, 21:27:49 »

If I've understood correctly, given Apples attempt at really oppsing it up, they are dealt with in mostly the same way as any other member, with the exception of allowing to sell with less than 250 posts. This is obviously a necessity.

Potential for corruption. Lets say Cem Tyres (Turkey) Ltd offer me a tenner commission for every 215/50/17 SC5 tyre sold, then my recommendations and ramblings could well be corrupted (or at least seen corrupted).

...and the difference between that and this is...?

If defencisuve barriers where let down for a second it might be seen that that's EXACTLY my point. I'm trying to,point this out to you. YA fri kin eejit ;D have been for years actually.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 21 September 2014, 21:31:18 »

...and the difference between that and this is...?

If defencisuve barriers where let down for a second it might be seen that that's EXACTLY my point. I'm trying to,point this out to you. YA fri kin eejit ;D have been for years actually.
Nah, you've lost me now...  :-\
Grumpy old man

PhilRich

• Omega Queen
  • A bit further North of the Back of Beyond!
    • Mk 2 Volvo V70
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 21 September 2014, 21:39:53 »

Given the fact that your keyboard appears to have a mind of it's own tonight Chris, you may want to pour some water onto it old chap before it types something you never even thought of in the cold light of day! ;) :y
If it ain't broke keep fixing it 'til it is!

chrisgixer

« Reply #26 on: 21 September 2014, 21:44:24 »

Yep, same old m.o. Claim fuddelment.

How is the current situation with opie different to the site accepting adverts?

You say the site recieves no payments. And doesn't want adverts. Yet, we have adverts blatantly from opie. So people assume your being paid anyway.

It matters not if your being paid one way or the other. The existsnce of adverts implies you are being paid regardless.

Of course the cause of this is opies change in tack. From helpful posts in the name of the company, to blatant spamming. They didn't need a post count to be helpful. Which is the point of oof. But they do to advertise.

Advertising is not the point of oof. Yet opie advertise blatantly. Or have I misunderstood?

The Sheriff

« Reply #27 on: 21 September 2014, 21:45:26 »

You say the site recieves no payments. And doesn't want adverts. Yet, we have adverts blatantly from opie. So people assume your being paid anyway.

It matters not if your being paid one way or the other. The existsnce of adverts implies you are being paid regardless.

Of course the cause of this is opies change in tack. From helpful posts in the name of the company, to blatant spamming. They didn't need a post count to be helpful. Which is the point of oof. But they do to advertise.

Advertising is not the point of oof. Yet opie advertise blatantly. Or have I misunderstood?
Yes. Again. ;D

chrisgixer

« Reply #28 on: 21 September 2014, 21:45:47 »

Given the fact that your keyboard appears to have a mind of it's own tonight Chris, you may want to pour some water onto it old chap before it types something you never even thought of in the cold light of day! ;) :y

I do appear to be having more ios8 issues than normal. ;D the bottom line of the text window especially. :(

chrisgixer

« Reply #29 on: 21 September 2014, 21:46:40 »

Yes. Again. ;D

Come on then Buryite. How exactly? Straight answers only.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 22 September 2014, 20:02:59 »

OK, makes more sense now :y

As a business with no interest in our particular cars, its fair to assume that such companies will want to spread the word of their wares. They stand no chance of getting a post count, thus cannot post in Sale sections. The inability for us to get the software working in a way deemed suitable for the Recommended Sellers section to work means we only ever had Drive in there, as a trial. Thus, we allow recommended sellers to occasionally highlight offers. Obviously the occasionally bit is up for debate.

Just because you don't like them, doesn't mean nobody uses them. Its not the chrisgixer forum, its the forum for all Omega Owners, and your Admin Team makes decisions based on non shared knowledge, feedback and what we think is best for OOF. Irrespective of whether or not we individually agree with it. You of all people know that what I think as a member often conflicts with what I think as an Admin.

There is a set of criteria for selection of who can be classed as a recommended seller. This criteria is private to stop anyone playing the system. DaveDND, for example, doesn't meet the criteria, so he spreads his word in other ways. He has openly said he has no interest in Omegas, and is purely here in order to promote his business.

I'll have another play with Recommended Sellers section when I get time, but I don't want to create a situation whereby I have to continuously recode vast swathes of the software every time SMF release an update.
Grumpy old man

chrisgixer

« Reply #31 on: 22 September 2014, 23:44:28 »

No argument there. Far from it. Makes perfect sense.

Except there's nothing there you haven't said before, and that I haven't agreed with before not that that matters, but there's no mention of the fact admin say there is no paid advertising, yet advertising exists.

This implies payment, and undermines admin, according to your own description in fact.

Ignore the other stuff. That's not the issue I'm asking you to accept. Personally I think if advertising is now allowed that should be the case for all. Yet guide lines state otherwise.

As a result, I'm finding it extremely difficult to see how Opies activity can be defended.

...I'm also aware that I'm repeating the same position. Again. This is because an answer is not forthcoming.

Obviously though, for what it's worth, I have every sympathy for the the time and effort that this may take up in the future. Maybe opie might show some sympathy as well and change thier approach back to the helpful member they once where.

Ultimately they aren't helping themselves either. They'd learn a lot from DaveDnd imo.
Even if they had their own sticky in parts section.

I wouldn't recommend them to anyone personaly, since their change in approach, and can't see oof helping itself in the process either.

Odd. Most odd.

chrisgixer

« Reply #32 on: 22 September 2014, 23:51:34 »

This issue aside I wonder who would meet the TB "criteria" though ?

Allgerman, but not lemforder?
Steve at omega spares?
Gm
And presumably opie.

Can't see the section being worth the bother. ;D

Powerflex, Pedders maybe?

05omegav6

« Reply #33 on: 23 September 2014, 00:17:40 »

Steve at omega spares?
Gm
And presumably opie.

I envisaged it as a list of existing members, endorsed by the community at large... so it would list breakers, mechanics, computer whizzes, electricians, plumbers accountants, taxi drivers etc in order that the OOF community as a whole had a single place to look for any services that they might need, safe in the knowledge that those people listed have been endorsed by their peers :-\

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 23 September 2014, 19:51:52 »

but there's no mention of the fact admin say there is no paid advertising, yet advertising exists.

This implies payment, and undermines admin, according to your own description in fact.
Is that the query, forgetting all the other shite?

If so...

There is no paid advertising on OOF. It can be seen there is no inline ads or google ads or anything like that (if there is, your browser is hijacked). There is no money changing hands between Opie (or any other member here) and OOF or its owners, I can't prove that, you'll have to take my word for that. If you don't trust my word on that, then we have a problem if my integrity is questioned, but feel free to privately ask any of the other Admins or Mods.

We DO allow free adverts here. Anyone with a postcount of 250 can place an ad to sell their Omega or related parts in the relevant section. In addition, those businesses that meet a certain (undisclosed) criteria can advertise their wares and offers (ideally in the Recommended Suppliers section, but it doesn't work).  Not sure what is so complicated about that?

I'll repeat, just because chrisgixer doesn't like somebody, that doesn't mean everybody doesn't like them.
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 23 September 2014, 19:57:15 »

Steve at omega spares?
Gm
And presumably opie.

S'not my criteria. Its an Admin decided criteria. Its not my oppsing forum, I just happen to be one of the Admins. For now, anyway.

But to answer (don't take this as gospel though, as I haven't looked at them enough), I would suggest:
Allgerman - Yes
Steve/Omegaspares - Possibly
GM (assuming you mean Tradeclub) - No
Opie - Yes
Powerflex - No
Pedders - I believe so

Beyond that, I'm not playing this game any more
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 23 September 2014, 19:59:24 »

Steve at omega spares?
Gm
And presumably opie.

I envisaged it as a list of existing members, endorsed by the community at large... so it would list breakers, mechanics, computer whizzes, electricians, plumbers accountants, taxi drivers etc in order that the OOF community as a whole had a single place to look for any services that they might need, safe in the knowledge that those people listed have been endorsed by their peers :-\
In an ideal world, we could extent beyond Omega related stuff. However, we are an Omega site, and live in a world where some will always only consider themselves, and opps others over. So I doubt OOF could ever be that all emcompassing.
Grumpy old man

05omegav6

« Reply #37 on: 23 September 2014, 21:41:09 »

Fair dos :y

Jusme

• Omega Knight
  • North Hykeham, Lincoln.
    • Lexus LS430
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 23 September 2014, 22:10:45 »

And...... 'Let that be an end to it'... :(
Under-steer is when the front of the car hits the wall, and over-steer is when the rear of the car hits the wall.
Power is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how much of the wall you take with you.

chrisgixer

« Reply #39 on: 24 September 2014, 11:20:15 »

As for pedders, strictly speaking, the rear donuts don't actually fit correctly. I'm still unsure if it's the length of the metal bushing/spacer that's short or the diameter being smaller and allowing it disapear up into the body by x amount.

Result is knocking and clunking under heavy cornering followed by repeated episodes over bumps or on full lock turns. Loose rear end. Plus, I think, wheel bearing type noises if the bolt goes in too far before it tightens. But need to confirm. Presume the bolt is touching the chassis internally and resonating, but as sus need to confirm.

I have added a large washer to the bushing length which has sorted the noises and some of the slop. Plus re fitted the top rubber pad to take up the extra play introduced by the washer.

Will copy to the poly thread.

Personally I think the defensive nature of replies and the fact we've gone a full 360 degrees around the issue without acknowledging the problem means it won't be akowledged at all out if pure belligerence.

Shame though. As it's your position of trust, as described by yourself I'm trying to help you with. But the important thing is, i have raised it, as have others in showing their irritation in opies threads and adverts.

If the response to all that is to be ignored, that's entirely your choice. Obviously.

And...... 'Let that be an end to it'... :(

...if that's ok with you of course ::) ;D

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 24 September 2014, 12:04:35 »

I'll repeat, just because chrisgixer doesn't like somebody, that doesn't mean everybody doesn't like him.

Fixed that for you  :D ;D

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 24 September 2014, 14:08:54 »

The fundamental reason behind OOF being here is to provide technical support for the Omega and its variants for free, one of our ultimate aims was always to attempt to put together a 'Better than Haynes' reference and by and large, I feel the membership has achieved this. There is no back handers, no sponsor ship, no commission, nothing.

Its clear that in order to maintain the vehicles, parts will be required.

The idea of recommended suppliers has already been discussed and has already been made clear in this topic, we as a joint admin team have an approach which has been discussed and considered all be it not fully implemented.

The supplier in question, Opie Oils, meets the criteria and they also support the forum by giving a discount for those members who choose to use them. Clearly there is a very small price to pay in as much as offers get posted however, as its a single thread on a page with twenty or so on it with the title clearly stating the content, any sensible member can easily make an informed decision as to if they wish to view said offer or not without replying with pointless and unnecessary comments.

I must say that I personally grow tired of some of your constant and unnecessary sniping Chris, which has occurred yet again on this thread and appears to be towards certain members, it adds no value and achieves nothing.

OOF is a place for all members of all backgrounds and personalities and it is this approach which we will continue to enforce.

RossPhim

• Morayshire, Scotland
  • The blue oval now-a-days!?!
    • 2.2 TDCi TXS
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 24 September 2014, 14:36:04 »

I may be showing my age here, but I remember why this forum came about.   :y
The Opie thread doesn't worry me, and also doesn't interest me, so I just cruise past it.

The admins really don't have to answer to anybody on here (AFAIK), and as they are putting their own free time on the line, neither should they.

I cannae see why it's getting your riled up really Chris, just ignore it!   ;)

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 24 September 2014, 15:11:30 »

It's the time of the month for him..........oops I did it again ;D ;D ;D

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #44 on: 24 September 2014, 18:40:39 »

I may be showing my age here, but I remember why this forum came about.   :y
The Opie thread doesn't worry me, and also doesn't interest me, so I just cruise past it.

The admins really don't have to answer to anybody on here (AFAIK), and as they are putting their own free time on the line, neither should they.

I dont usually post on threads as this.....but i totally agree with you  :y

Jusme

• Omega Knight
  • North Hykeham, Lincoln.
    • Lexus LS430
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 24 September 2014, 18:59:35 »

My thanks to Mark for his excellent post, saved me from becoming vitriolic. I also agree with RossPhim. Where Admin and OOF are concerned. As I have said before, we are guests in their home and shouldn't forget it. 'Example': If I give a lift in MY car to someone, but refuse someone else. That is my choice, as it is MY car, and I have no need to justify my decision'. If I did give a reason, I would give it 'ONCE'. And not expect the questioning to go on and on and on and................
Under-steer is when the front of the car hits the wall, and over-steer is when the rear of the car hits the wall.
Power is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how much of the wall you take with you.

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 24 September 2014, 20:55:34 »

Just so as to get a point of reference on this thread, I read a whole lot of crud on a daily basis as that's what I have agreed to do, and comment rarely as sometimes the threads I have to read really make my piles itch and to answer said thread truthfully (not as an admin) would buy me a ban.

To clarify, I get paid the square root of crack all to read the spurious Pish of assorted armchair warriors, bigots, and those empire building individuals who at some times seem superbly intent on stirring shit when there is none to stir.

Yes, I know the rank and file have the ability to read only what they wish and, believe you me, I wish I could do the same.   And sometimes I do when I loose the will to live due to some posters.

It's time some on this thread found a quiet corner and had a word with themselves then come back and play nicely.

I'm off to walk the dog.......   

dbug

• Omega Queen
  • Northants
  • Dont knock Linux!
    • Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio
    • View Profile
    • Dbug IT Services
« Reply #47 on: 25 September 2014, 00:17:53 »

Whilst I am not a great fan of Opie Oils, and their apparent reluctance to answer simple questions, I now choose to ignore their constant posts and subsequent bumping, and fully accept Jaime's, and the other admins', "explanations" re this.  However I fail to see why the continual sniping at OOF admins, and TB in particular, by a certain member, other than its his nature to play the ketboard warrior.  I also suggest that admins should perhaps lock this thread now as prolonging it serves no useful purpose, other than pandering to the posts of one individual - as TB posted " Its not the chrisgixer forum, its the forum for all Omega Owners, and your Admin Team makes decisions based on non shared knowledge, feedback and what we think is best for OOF" - sure some people think its sadly becoming "the chrisgixer forum" :(
1972 Ferrari Dino, 1967 Triumph TR4A, Mondeo 2.0TDCi Estate, Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 25 September 2014, 12:09:59 »

I wish to agree with the last 3 posts.well written,and concise.
Hoof'land storeman.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 21 queries.