Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Hit,n,Run  (Read 4452 times)

Lizzie_Zoom

Re: Hit,n,Run
« Reply #45 on: 21 September 2014, 13:36:36 »

Please don't take this as a keyboard warrior moment...but I wish to god id have chinned the old bastard who hit Gemma (My car).

Spent an hour on the phone to a middle aged woman today from insurance company who said "we cant push for the other party to admit liability in case it effects your wifes personal injury claim"

Ive asked how the hell can it effect it and she said "well you want as much as you can get and if we go for a 50/50 you only get 50% of the Personal injury claim"

Excuse me my wife enters the roundabout and he fails to give way...bang...her car is a mess,and you already hinting at a 50/50 on this what the break.!

My feelings are now,im gonna rag the arse of my Saab...play chicken with other cars on roundabouts and if I do have a collision deny being there and then change my story and say its there fault.

Lets face it the police will do sod all and insurance will offer 50/50 so no harm done. >:( ;D

Sorry to hear of your problems with this one Stuart. 
It is not the police at fault here but the insurance companies who, as usual, are trying hard not to pay out in full as that affects their commercial viability / to make as much money as they However the police will "do sod all" as this is a civil matter not a criminal one, and they have decided that they cannot substantiate that a criminal offence has taken place under the Road Traffic Act (1988).
can!!

This is NOT aimed at you Stuart, but this thread about an unfortunate collision involving amba's daughter and baby where there were easily identifiable reasons as to why the police would have found it difficult to ascertain a criminal offence that could eventually be supported by evidence for a criminal prosecution, has turned into an anti-police barrage.

The police are not perfect, as I can state after reviewing certain cases, but they, in reducing numbers, are trying very hard to concentrate on those cases where a criminal case is evident, and it is not a civil law one that they cannot be involved in, quite apart from Protecting and Serving (Kent Police's motto) the public whenever they can.

As I have said before, if you and I want a better police force in greater numbers who can deal with as many cases as possible at any one time, then speak or write to your MP, set up protest groups, and vote accordingly at the next general election.  If you do not then the number of police WILL reduce further over the next 5 years and they WILL struggle to effectively police YOUR community.

Im not to clued up on traffic law so please excuse my ignorance...however,A car has failed to give way (that's supported by the independent accessor) on said roundabout,caused injuries to the wife (not obvious at time as she was in shock and it takes a day or so for the injures to show) and tried to leave the scene of an accident...witness heard him telling me "You don't give way to the right on a rounbdabout".

Now id say Lizzie if there isn't a case to answer in law then why do we bother observing the highway code.

My post #40 has hopefully answered some of your querries Stuart, but I must ask, did you, or your wife, or anyone else call the police from the scene and request their attendance due to your wife being in shock/hurt? ???

No Lizzie we didn't as the Police attended whilst on route to another RTC.

We would have had to,due to the car blocking a busy roundabout.

Sorry Stuart, I missed your post on the police officers "attending", so have amended my subsequent post accordingly. I personally would lodge a complaint :y

Easy done.... ;)

Thanks, and I would add Stuart that you need to ask to speak to an Inspector at the PC's station,lodge a complaint giving all the details of what has transpired pointing out the latest fact that the PC has failed to come back to you, and request this matter is dealt with.  ;) ;)

PS This is the Kent Police advise on lodging a complaint, but I am sure it will be little different from the one covering your neck of the wood:

http://www.kent.police.uk/contact_us/have_your_say/complaints_compliments/pages/Copy%20Of%20About%20individuals.html

:y
« Last Edit: 21 September 2014, 13:40:56 by Lizzie Zoom »

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #46 on: 21 September 2014, 13:47:26 »

...........................and this Stuart is the procedure for Cambridgeshire Police:

https://www.cambs.police.uk/contactus/complaint.asp

;) ;)

Stuart30

« Reply #47 on: 21 September 2014, 16:15:31 »

...........................and this Stuart is the procedure for Cambridgeshire Police:

;) ;)

Many thanks Lizzie...will be on phone tomorrow. :y

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #48 on: 21 September 2014, 16:20:08 »

;) ;)

Many thanks Lizzie...will be on phone tomorrow. :y

My pleasure!  I hope you get some answers. :y :y

Crazycarzowner

« Reply #49 on: 21 September 2014, 17:23:21 »

when was the last time you heard of anyone being given a ticket for a non functioning brake light, or being given a ticket for incorrectly spaced lettering on their numberplate?

Bread & butter of any traffic cop & I always use them as a way in i.e. means to stop a vehicle, as they are committing a moving traffic offence. £50 for a brake light out is a bit steep BUT VDRS can be an alternative.

My personal opinion is that the officer (Special???) who dealt with it didn't have the necessary experience to deal, any injury RTC especially a FTS 'should' be dealt with  by a traffic bobby who should know what he's doing!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 16 queries.