Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where to get EGR blank plate for 2.5td?  (Read 918 times)

o-meg-a

• south wales
  • avatar disabled meantime as its mahoosive!
    • View Profile
Where to get EGR blank plate for 2.5td?
« on: 23 June 2011, 04:20:32 »

Anyone know?

Will the ones designed for the Vauxhall diesels fit?

They are abundant due to issues with their EGR's at the moment.
Especially in newer engines.

one like this for instance: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/EGR-Blanking-Plate-Vauxhall-1-9CDTi-FREE-P-P-/230631481636?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item35b2b52124#ht_724wt_1139

just would be simple if this fitted is all....can't be doing with the hassle of having them made up.

Omegatoy

• Omega Baron
  • UK
    • View Profile
Re: Where to get EGR blank plate for 2.5td?
« Reply #1 on: 23 June 2011, 07:38:26 »

dont know if they will fit to be honest!! probably is the best answer i can give,
BUT

I make me own which takes ten mins with a pair of sheet steel and a cutters, a simple square to start with this is then place on the TB to ensure it will fit physically, if all good then a suitable sized socket is positioned on the steel, which is suported on a soft surface, 2 hits with hammer and you have the shape of the boss in the fitting, drill two holes in appropriate postion and bolt up all in all the entire prcedure including unbolting and bolting up take sno more than 30 mins

you can blank it at the exhaust manifold end but its slightly more involved timewise, same procedure though :y

dbug

• Omega Queen
  • Northants
  • Dont knock Linux!
    • Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio
    • View Profile
    • Dbug IT Services
« Reply #2 on: 23 June 2011, 19:19:38 »

dont know if they will fit to be honest!! probably is the best answer i can give,
BUT

I make me own which takes ten mins with a pair of sheet steel and a cutters, a simple square to start with this is then place on TB to ensure it will fit physically, if all good then a suitable sized socket is positioned on the steel, which is suported on a soft surface, 2 hits with hammer and you have the shape of the boss in the fitting, drill two holes in appropriate postion and bolt up all in all the entire prcedure including unbolting and bolting up take sno more than 30 mins

you can blank it at the exhaust manifold end but its slightly more involved timewise, same procedure though :y

Why do you have to place it on TB ?  Does he know about this ?  ;D ;D ;D ;)
« Last Edit: 23 June 2011, 19:20:29 by dbug »
1972 Ferrari Dino, 1967 Triumph TR4A, Mondeo 2.0TDCi Estate, Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio

Omegatoy

• Omega Baron
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 23 June 2011, 19:45:47 »

BUT

I make me own which takes ten mins with a pair of sheet steel and a cutters, a simple square to start with this is then place on TB to ensure it will fit physically, if all good then a suitable sized socket is positioned on the steel, which is suported on a soft surface, 2 hits with hammer and you have the shape of the boss in the fitting, drill two holes in appropriate postion and bolt up all in all the entire prcedure including unbolting and bolting up take sno more than 30 mins

;D :y

hoofing it

• Omega Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 23 June 2011, 20:22:00 »

BUT

;D :y
Or you need 2x10p coins as a plug in each end buy cutting the ends off the egr pipe(using the ends to hold in the 10p's) and bung the 10p in the hole :y :D

o-meg-a

• south wales
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 24 June 2011, 00:11:30 »

An option

But I fear from what I have read that wouldn't last very long
And it wont be particularly neat.

And if the plates are only a couple of quid i don't think I'd mind.

Good to bear in mind tho. If they last.

Omegatoy

• Omega Baron
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 24 June 2011, 06:57:43 »

An option

But I fear from what I have read that wouldn't last very long
And it wont be particularly neat.

And if the plates are only a couple of quid i don't think I'd mind.

Good to bear in mind tho. If they last.

mine are 4 years old npw ;D

aaronjb

o-meg-a

• south wales
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 24 June 2011, 10:22:20 »

Yeah i spotted those when i was looking.
And that would be ideal....

But i've not got £40 o spend on it right now.
I just wanted to do it for next to nothing.

I think the diesel EGR on ours is not as restrictive as some of the ones i've seen, like those with the butterfly in. So i'm not too fussed on removing it.
Will try the 10p thing. seee how long they last for...not sure if i want melted metal fragments in my air intake tho?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 21 queries.