Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Mrs May back to wag a finger at the EU.  (Read 14006 times)

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
Re: Mrs May back to wag a finger at the EU.
« Reply #15 on: 31 January 2019, 11:01:18 »

We are what, the 3rd highest contributor to EU? Something like 13% of their entire income.

Wonder what EU will do with 13% drop in revenue, tap other countries up for more.  :D

Mutha Jugs n Speed

• Intermediate Member
  • Out there?
    • Nosey aint'cha
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 31 January 2019, 11:22:28 »

Drunker needs the £39 Billion to pay his bar tab and some hush money for all those old birds he's touched up  :o :o

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 31 January 2019, 11:44:19 »

We are what, the 3rd highest contributor to EU? Something like 13% of their entire income.

Wonder what EU will do with 13% drop in revenue, tap other countries up for more.  :D

They have changed their programmes down in places and I believe small increase from some member countries.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 31 January 2019, 13:30:39 »

2nd  ;)

I can't be bothered to look it up, but I believe that we contribute more than the 24 odd countries from the bottom of the list up put together.   ???
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 31 January 2019, 13:42:13 »

No deal will hurt the EU as much as it will hurt us (probably)

......'but the powers that be' believe the unity of the EU is more important than how many BMW's are sold in the UK.

I'm not sure the EU will blink.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 31 January 2019, 14:40:15 »

Germany is just about to fall into recession. This could have a bearing on things. At the end of the day, what the Germans say, the others tend to end up agreeing with.
We shall see.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 31 January 2019, 16:56:37 »

......'but the powers that be' believe the unity of the EU is more important than how many BMW's are sold in the UK.

I'm sure they won't blink.

I've never understood the BMW argument though. Imposing import tariffs (which we may or may not do) would increase the price of all imported cars by 10%. But if you've decided to buy a BMW, it's unlikely you're going to change your mind on price alone - you aren't going to suddenly decide to buy a Nissan, Honda or Toyota built in Britain just because it's suddenly 10% cheaper than the equivalent BMW or Merc. You'll just put off the purchase for a few weeks/years to save up more, or buy it on credit for 10% more per month. And in 10 years time when Nissan, Toyota and Honda have all bu99ered off to somewhere else in Europe, all cars will be 10% more expensive anyway because none will be being built here (except the low volume Garagistas).

Sure BMW/Merc sales in the UK will drop short/medium term, but so will all car sales. Which is bad for the auto sector in the UK, bad for tax and bad for GDP. Less cash swirling around the system. And how much BMW sales drop is guesswork - I'll say 20% for arguments sake. I'd take that if I were BMW because it also means sales of Nissan, Honda or Toyota in Euroland will drop due to the 10% increase in price there. So BMW stand a chance of picking up more sales in Euroland even if UK sales drop.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 31 January 2019, 17:22:34 »

Italy went into recession today.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 31 January 2019, 17:27:42 »

I thought Italy was always in recession. 8)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 31 January 2019, 17:47:20 »

I thought Italy was always in recession. 8)

Ha yes it seems that way....  ;D

It's the Eurozone's 3rd biggest economy and the EU's 4th biggest, has an unemployment rate of about 10% and a government that is probably most likely to say to the EU, Mama Mia!  If you won't do a deal with the Brit's we will! Ciao!   :o  ::)

Unlikely I know, but these are extraordinary times.....  :-\

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 31 January 2019, 17:49:26 »

They can't afford to blink. If they give us anything, their whole enterprise is oppsed. Anyone who thinks would be a good thing should be giving all their money to Elon to be first in his queue.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 31 January 2019, 17:50:08 »

He says no Brexit will split the Tory party, where Brexiteer MPs will form a new party. May will shed no tears on killing her nasty party. :( :( :(
Hmmm, yeah, I wonder what they could call it. Maybe the UK Independence Party, with a silly twit called Nige up front....
Grumpy old man

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 31 January 2019, 19:57:05 »

Whatever happens , lets hope the emerging dominant party,  after a shake up, works for the people. I wouldnt hold my breath as politics in the UK seems all about saying one thing and then ignoring the people. It might actually be a good thing for the country.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 31 January 2019, 20:17:12 »

There are a number of new small Brexit political parties forming at the moment which with the Internet & Social Media may like parties in mainland Europe grow quite quickly.

UKIP are a spend force where they are now a far right party with EDL founder Tommy Robinson a member. UK has traditionally shunned far right and left parties so they remain on the fringes of politics.

Where we subcontracted most national politics to the EU we have ended up with a bunch of MPs of the calibre of parish councillors now running the country as a result and this is going to have to change, if we leave the EU, as they can no longer blame them for all our problems. It is interesting that they are now for the last time saying the Withdrawal Agreement poor terms are all the EU's fault where we all know it is fu*kwit PM May and Snake Oily Robbins that have got us into this mess. ::) ::) ::)
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 31 January 2019, 21:59:09 »

Vox, far right new party in Spain, certainly did in Andalucia , with virtually no campaign.

The ground feeling is more to come in May as people are fed up of being ignored by centre parties purporting to cater for everyone but in reality just ignoring them and still being corrupt.

My guess is that will be replicated throughout Europe in the May elections.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 22 queries.