Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Brake bleed screws  (Read 2276 times)

Greenbay packer

• North Devon
    • View Profile
Brake bleed screws
« on: 08 July 2018, 19:08:00 »

Could someone tell me what the correct bleed screws are for the front Lucas calipers please - i.e., correct thread, length, pitch (if relevant), part number and where to get some if possible. Biggred seem to have loads but I'm not sure which ones are right.

The same info for the rears would also be appreciated.

johnnydog

• Omega Knight
  • Lancashire
    • 2.6 & 3.2 sal, 3.2 est
    • View Profile
Re: Brake bleed screws
« Reply #1 on: 08 July 2018, 21:16:57 »

I believe the VX part numbers for the bleed screws on the later calipers are as follows -

90369391 Front
90297538 Rear

I couldn't say whether they are still available individually from VX. From experience, if a dealer states they are NLS, they may not have have checked stock outside the UK, which means pressing a few more keys on the computer, but some dealers find this 'too hard to do'. It is always worth asking if they have checked stock outside the UK.
2002 3.2 Elite saloon, 2003 3.2 Elite estate, 2003 2.6 Elite saloon

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08 July 2018, 21:59:24 »

Surely they're just a standard M10 long bleed nipple, available anywhere?

Like THIS?

That price seems a bit expensive to me, but it was the first one in the search :y

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08 July 2018, 22:10:13 »

Like THIS?

That price seems a bit expensive to me, but it was the first one in the search :y

On the MFL Omega I had they were all standard M8, but others have suggested that they had a mixture of M8 & M8 fine.  :-\

Greenbay packer

• North Devon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08 July 2018, 23:07:05 »

Like THIS?

On the MFL Omega I had they were all standard M8, but others have suggested that they had a mixture of M8 & M8 fine.  :-\

So M10 or M8? (didn't know there was an M8 fine option to contend with too, thought they'd just be one standard thread). I've tried looking up the part number 90369391 given by johnnydog but none of the few references I can find say what thread it is. I guess I can measure the screw against an M8 or M10 bolt to work it out but thought it would be straightforward and was going to order a couple tonight.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09 July 2018, 08:34:12 »

Like THIS?

So M10 or M8? (didn't know there was an M8 fine option to contend with too, thought they'd just be one standard thread). I've tried looking up the part number 90369391 given by johnnydog but none of the few references I can find say what thread it is. I guess I can measure the screw against an M8 or M10 bolt to work it out but thought it would be straightforward and was going to order a couple tonight.

They're definitely not M10  :y

Greenbay packer

• North Devon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 19 July 2018, 18:11:23 »

If anyone needs the front brake screws for the Lucas caliper I have found they are M8's, pitch is 1.25 (this is the coarser thread option), the total length is 41.5mm and the spanner size is 9mm.  I couldn't find many people selling the right length but Big Red Ltd sell them on their website and on eBay - their part number is BRB880010.

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 19 July 2018, 18:47:05 »

Good to know thanks.  :y
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 19 July 2018, 22:19:42 »

Far as I can tell, the rears are M7 1.00 .... can anyone confirm this? Just started work on my refurbed rear calipers and discovered the bleed nipples in the sealed bag I've had kicking around for months seem to be for the front calipers! NO idea where I've put the rear caliper ones!
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 19 July 2018, 23:09:33 »

Far as I can tell, the rears are M7 1.00 .... can anyone confirm this? Just started work on my refurbed rear calipers and discovered the bleed nipples in the sealed bag I've had kicking around for months seem to be for the front calipers! NO idea where I've put the rear caliper ones!

they're all M8

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 19 July 2018, 23:19:09 »

ahhh.... going off this site

https://www.gmpartsgiant.com/parts/gm-valve-90297538.html

based on the part number, that's where I got my size of M7 1.00. So if the fronts are M8 1.25, and the fronts and rears are both M8, does this stand to reason the rears must be M8 1.00?

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 19 July 2018, 23:35:55 »

ahhh.... going off this site

https://www.gmpartsgiant.com/parts/gm-valve-90297538.html

based on the part number, that's where I got my size of M7 1.00. So if the fronts are M8 1.25, and the fronts and rears are both M8, does this stand to reason the rears must be M8 1.00?

It's been a while since I painted front & rear calipers of my Omega, but I'm sure I used a standard M8 bolt in place of each nipple to keep it's thread clear .... & I only have M8 standard bolts  ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 21 queries.