Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: A34 again  (Read 3450 times)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: A34 again
« Reply #15 on: 31 August 2016, 14:03:01 »

Lorries confined to nearside lane works in Germany... :-X

Only on certain stretches' of road at certain times, and it's 60kmh, also its heavily enforced €100-500 fine.

The stretch's in this country, are pointless, due to the difference and time saved by mr A4 company Audi is 1 whole minute.
Never yet seen or heard of a lorryist, being stopped, or fined for ignoring the restriction on the A14,or A34 or A1 at Durham.

.. and, of course, a lorryist saves so much more time when he's spent 3 miles overtaking a single vehicle. ;)
Last one to the layby for a tachographworking time break, gets to buy the tissues ;D
Onanists always think outside the box.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 31 August 2016, 15:08:37 »

.. and, of course, a lorryist saves so much more time when he's spent 3 miles overtaking a single vehicle. ;)

Just the 3 miles .......  ::)

TD

• Omega Knight
  • Swindon
    • Nowt!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 31 August 2016, 17:58:18 »

Trouble with that tho' , quite a few of the supermarkets have their trucks limiters set to 50mph.
So if your in a truck behind a Tesco's truck how frustrated are you going to get sitting there at 50mph  :-\

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 31 August 2016, 18:31:58 »

Trouble with that tho' , quite a few of the supermarkets have their trucks limiters set to 50mph.
So if your in a truck behind a Tesco's truck how frustrated are you going to get sitting there at 50mph  :-\
Not as frustrating as having to stop every two hours for enforced breaks :-X

Besides, you're not supposed to attempt an overtake with less than 10% speed differential  ::)
Onanists always think outside the box.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 31 August 2016, 19:32:17 »

As frustrated as those that are waiting for you hurry up & overtake or ***k off back to the nearside lane and let us through. Nothing p***s me off more than when going east toward Halifax etc on the M62 where it's 4 lanes wide and lanes 1, 2 & 3 are filled with HGVs doing 55.7 55.8 55.9 while lane 4 is left for us mere mortals in a car .... which is when you then get some pleb that wants to do 60 in the outside lane!!!!!!!!!!!!  >:( >:( >:(

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 01 September 2016, 13:12:21 »

TBH, the problems on the A34 aren't due to HGVs.  They are due to the piss poor quality of car drivers we have.

I suspect when the findings come out about these accidents, it'll be something like a car giving a quick flick of an indicator means he has right of way to pull out, irrespective of the amount of adverse affect it has on anyone else...    ...plus maybe the amount of undertaking due to nobody ever getting in (which the A34 is very bad at).
Grumpy old man

ianu

• Intermediate Member
  • Oxfordshire
    • XC90/Maserati QPV/CooperS
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 02 September 2016, 18:32:07 »

TBH, the problems on the A34 aren't due to HGVs.  They are due to the piss poor quality of car drivers we have.

I suspect when the findings come out about these accidents, it'll be something like a car giving a quick flick of an indicator means he has right of way to pull out, irrespective of the amount of adverse affect it has on anyone else...    ...plus maybe the amount of undertaking due to nobody ever getting in (which the A34 is very bad at).
:y Agreed.
I have a full HGV licence (1&2), but never yet had to use it to earn a living. Taking lessons in 2013, and the tests, was probably the hardest thing I'd done since military training in another life  ::).
It changed me as a car driver for good . yes I've seen some pretty poor driving - but most are all too keen to pile blame on the truck driver who not only has to manage something they cant see half of - but try and predict what the totally ignorant captain of mere 1 ton tin capsule is going to attempt within 3 feet of them. Make cameras/black boxes compulsory in cars too and then lets look at the real stats  >:(
Don't even get me started on cyclists in London.
BTW - I do feel very sorry for the losses  Terbert. Basically someone f88ked up and people lost their lives. Too many people treat driving as a secondary responsibility when behind the wheel rather than giving it their undivided attention  :-[. The A34 bites you if you're not paying attention to what's happening around you 100% - lorry and car drivers alike unfortunately.........
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 22 queries.