Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: headunit  (Read 2036 times)

tyreburner

• bedlington - northumberland
  • It werent a mig but boy was it fast!!!!! R.I.P
    • View Profile
headunit
« on: 15 January 2007, 19:49:54 »

ok guys, sorry to possibly repeat a question , but its cold , dark and i aint had a day off in 6 days and aint got one for another 3 and i have had one new head unit that was procreated and another one just arrive that works in her vec and works in my meega but wont give any sound, yet booms away in her vec, yet i removed a kenwood aftermarket system that was fine, my 95 elite has apparantly 6 speakers and what appears to be possibly a sub in shelf but cant feel an amp anywhere, as the kenwood worked i guessed the jvc i bought would also work, not the case..... i just wna tmusic for the long 30 miles to work in a morning!!!!!! is there a simple solution like i have to swap the lives over or cut something out of the strandard wiring plug????
cheers
please help

Mick
"well at least I'm lucky I don't have all the power in the world so I can't opps everything else up."

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: headunit
« Reply #1 on: 15 January 2007, 19:53:37 »

ok guys, sorry to possibly repeat a question , but its cold , dark and i aint had a day off in 6 days and aint got one for another 3 and i have had one new head unit that was procreated and another one just arrive that works in her vec and works in my meega but wont give any sound, yet booms away in her vec, yet i removed a kenwood aftermarket system that was fine, my 95 elite has apparantly 6 speakers and what appears to be possibly a sub in shelf but cant feel an amp anywhere, as the kenwood worked i guessed the jvc i bought would also work, not the case..... i just wna tmusic for the long 30 miles to work in a morning!!!!!! is there a simple solution like i have to swap the lives over or cut something out of the strandard wiring plug????
cheers
please help

Mick
95 elite may have the philips amp - this is behind panel just in front of spare wheel...
Grumpy old man

tyreburner

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 15 January 2007, 19:57:45 »

will have a look but just wondering why the kenwood was spot on even the jvc that was buggered worked ( lol the radio gave sound)
 :-/
"well at least I'm lucky I don't have all the power in the world so I can't opps everything else up."

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 15 January 2007, 20:01:01 »

will have a look but just wondering why the kenwood was spot on even the jvc that was buggered worked ( lol the radio gave sound)
 :-/
May be overdriving it, causing amp to shut down...
Grumpy old man

tyreburner

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 15 January 2007, 20:01:22 »

btw if i turn volume upto 50 can just hear the music??????????

tyreburner

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 15 January 2007, 21:06:41 »

ok found what i beleive is an amp... (remember cold dark tired) as i dropped the spare forward and put my hand inside the car( twds rear passenger door) there is a box with plug in  i presume this is an amp?? if so i take it i need to simply find inputs and pair em to corresponding outputs??

i hope

cheers the boy for advice dont suppose you have a wiring diagram for the amp?

cheers
Mick

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 15 January 2007, 21:22:17 »

ok found what i beleive is an amp... (remember cold dark tired) as i dropped the spare forward and put my hand inside the car( twds rear passenger door) there is a box with plug in  i presume this is an amp?? if so i take it i need to simply find inputs and pair em to corresponding outputs??

i hope

cheers the boy for advice dont suppose you have a wiring diagram for the amp?

cheers
Mick
I'm not really the man for car audio. I think Laidback has messed around with the pre Bose system...
Grumpy old man

Tina

• Northumberland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 16 January 2007, 10:00:34 »

Hi,  
Mick has asked me to post & ask if all 6 speakers are amped and how the sub works.

Many Thanks.
My beast will be back with me soon :)
Quattro & Ummpphh what more can a girl want
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 21 queries.