Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lamp dangling in space !  (Read 2744 times)

Amarok

• Peterborough
    • View Profile
Lamp dangling in space !
« on: 12 January 2007, 23:45:39 »

Hi,
drivers side heater vent illumination, when I pulled off the half moon cover the light was dangling in mid air
any idea where it goes please. I have been to the breakers yards but none of them are a CD model or above so the controls are not illuminated.

Kind regards

Mike

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Lamp dangling in space !
« Reply #1 on: 13 January 2007, 09:59:48 »

It just pushes in one of the holes, and slightly clips in - so will be firm, but not tight fit...
Grumpy old man

Amarok

• Peterborough
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 15 January 2007, 10:45:21 »

Found it with a small inspection mirror. It is right next to the meshing teeth on the flap cog  :y
« Last Edit: 15 January 2007, 10:45:57 by Amarok »

jonny2112

• Omega Baron
  • Bangor NI
    • 2.6 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 15 January 2007, 15:16:48 »

Must go and check mine now as I have a light out at the air vent and the lower part of the light controls. Might just be something simple ..... :-?

jonny2112

• Omega Baron
  • Bangor NI
    • 2.6 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 15 January 2007, 17:00:35 »

Well no danglers! The bulb for the air vent looks ok but I'm hoping it isn't  :o
Took out the light control switch, and the bulb there looks ok too. I thought that previously the top half of the unit had worked but now it doesn't. Is there only the one bulb for the whole unit (ie to include the lower portion - fog lights and dimmers)? And does the bulb holder have to be replaced as well? I presume both are Vx parts anyway.
Cheers

nixoro

• Omega Baron
  • Hitchin, Herts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 15 January 2007, 17:04:25 »

Well no danglers! The bulb for the air vent looks ok but I'm hoping it isn't  :o
Took out the light control switch, and the bulb there looks ok too. I thought that previously the top half of the unit had worked but now it doesn't. Is there only the one bulb for the whole unit (ie to include the lower portion - fog lights and dimmers)? And does the bulb holder have to be replaced as well? I presume both are Vx parts anyway.
Cheers

I think the top half uses LED's which die over time.

jonny2112

• Omega Baron
  • Bangor NI
    • 2.6 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 15 January 2007, 17:35:38 »

Had to go and collect my son there, and as it's now dark I could see that the light switch is illuminated despite there being no bulb in it! It must have permanent led feed, and the bulb must be for the lower portion. Will give local Vx a ring in the morning for replacement. Cheers.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 15 January 2007, 18:04:18 »

Cheers

LEDs rarely fail...
Grumpy old man

nixoro

• Omega Baron
  • Hitchin, Herts
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 16 January 2007, 15:50:20 »

Cheers

LEDs rarely fail...

My mistake I thought they were LED's in the top half :-[ only with mine the top half doesn't light up either.
« Last Edit: 16 January 2007, 15:51:10 by nixoro »

jonny2112

• Omega Baron
  • Bangor NI
    • 2.6 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 16 January 2007, 16:14:16 »

Went to local Vx today for the replacement bulbs. Don't keep them in stock, so would have to order them - by the bag! £25 ish! :o I would have to take them all!
So if anyone knows where to get spare single bulbs, let me know. I didn't fancy having to buy a new light switch unit from the likes of fleabay just for a bulb. Might just have to do without.

MaxV6

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford UK
  • Give me 6 cylinders and i'm happy.
    • 2.2SportPremium Jag est
    • View Profile
    • Work related forums....
« Reply #10 on: 16 January 2007, 16:27:39 »

you VX stealer is taking the piss.........

I bought a half dozen or so off ebay a little while ago...  sadly I've used them...  but it should give you hope....   ;)

If I haven't broken it yet, I soon will.
"The 4th Rule of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light.

jonny2112

• Omega Baron
  • Bangor NI
    • 2.6 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 16 January 2007, 20:14:18 »

you VX stealer is taking the piss.........

I bought a half dozen or so off ebay a little while ago...  sadly I've used them...  but it should give you hope....   ;)

Thanks for that - seem to be all festoons or leds at the minute but I'll keep checking.
Cheers

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 16 January 2007, 20:15:52 »

You dealer is being a idiot. Try another one.  Else, try and old fashioned scrappy, and fill your pockets like Tunnie does  ::)
Grumpy old man

jonny2112

• Omega Baron
  • Bangor NI
    • 2.6 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 16 January 2007, 20:25:48 »

You dealer is being a idiot. Try another one.  Else, try and old fashioned scrappy, and fill your pockets like Tunnie does  ::)
How true  ;D ;D

I wish I could find a scrappy! None about here at all, tho I did hear of one locally today. Will have to get round and hope for a meega!

neonomega

• southampton
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 20 January 2007, 22:10:00 »

How true  ;D ;D

I wish I could find a scrappy! None about here at all, tho I did hear of one locally today. Will have to get round and hope for a meega!

hiya there is 1 amber led at the top of your light unit sometimes the led does blow and somtimes its the dry solder on the circuit board .the twist fit bulb in the back that is surpose to light up the bottom half. you can find the same bulbs in vectra light units and in the back of omega and vectra speedo pods from 98 on the speedo pod warning light bulbs are brighter than the standard bulbs you find in the back of headlamp switch units grab your self a load of those if you see any in the scrappys .
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 18 queries.