Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Vauxhall Stereo SC 804 CD  (Read 1965 times)

Snoop

• Midlands
    • View Profile
Vauxhall Stereo SC 804 CD
« on: 26 January 2007, 18:31:30 »

I am trying to get the information display working again on my refelection. I have 3 different stereo books from vauxhall (as well as a Nav system book, but I am sure the reflection doesn't have that!) I think the unit fitted was the SC 804 CD, before I go out and find one, can anybody let me know if

A - This is the right stereo
B - It might solve the display problem - it is currently dead! I understand it needs the stereo to work, but a the mo there are no reading on it at all. When I changed the stereo in my old vectra, you still got time and temperature.

Cheers

Snoop
« Last Edit: 26 January 2007, 18:38:22 by Snoop »
Snoop

Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Vauxhall Stereo SC 804 CD
« Reply #1 on: 26 January 2007, 19:20:58 »

Well your headunit is not the cause of your dead MID.

As you say, even with an aftermarket headunit you will still get time and outside temp etc.

I suspect you need a replacement.
Now I am trying to remember which one your model has.

Is it a full size display with 3 sections or a half size (bottom bit blanked off) with 2 sections?

Replacements are not difficult to obtain and are very easy to fit..... actually thinking about it, I wonder if yours just has the wrong unit fitted (but not plugged in as there are different connectors on the back) and hence that is why it is not working?

Look up how to remove dash (5 min job) and from there it is a breeze to remove the MID. If you can psot some pics that would be good. :)

Oh and I would not bother trying to find an original headunit, go for a decent aftermarket one, much improved sound! :)
The Administrator.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 26 January 2007, 19:41:32 »

I may be wrong, but Reflection was mini facelift? In which case CAR400/CCR600...

But as LB says, that aint why your MID aint working.  Check the bulbs in back of MID, possible they've all blown. Also, check the connections behind MID, possible they have dropped off...
Grumpy old man

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 26 January 2007, 19:45:28 »

I may be wrong, but Reflection was mini facelift? In which case CAR400/CCR600...

But as LB says, that aint why your MID aint working.  Check the bulbs in back of MID, possible they've all blown. Also, check the connections behind MID, possible they have dropped off...

Reflection was pre mini-facelift and mini-facelift, my project A was a '98 R but it was pre miniface as it had no steering wheel controls.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 26 January 2007, 19:50:49 »

Reflection was pre mini-facelift and mini-facelift, my project A was a '98 R but it was pre miniface as it had no steering wheel controls.
Ah, right, thanks :y

Grumpy old man

Snoop

• Midlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 27 January 2007, 00:25:56 »

I have got the full size display. I can pick up the SC 804 for £20. The sony unit in it at the mo is pretty bad and the changer in the boot is a liability to any cd.

I have a decent head unit in my 205 which I can whip out, but as I am not sure I am going to sell the car now (it is just to much fun! ;D) I am reluctant to do so as I will probably end up replacing it.
Snoop

jonny2112

• Omega Baron
  • Bangor NI
    • 2.6 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 27 January 2007, 01:06:21 »

Is this turning into a mini facelift thread again?? My Reflection was originally 'S' reg and has the SW controls, therefore a miniface!

Snoop

• Midlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 27 January 2007, 08:32:45 »

Recon mine is a pre mini facelift model - 98R no steering wheel controls.
Snoop
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 21 queries.