Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: What Famous People Have You Spotted?  (Read 4902 times)

Martin_1962

Re: What Famous People Have You Spotted?
« Reply #45 on: 28 August 2008, 23:08:57 »

used to drink in the same pub as Marty Wilde and daughter Kim

their studio was in knebworth at one stage. think its a curtain shop now. i remember going to party hosted by kim wildes sister, not that i knew it at the time, and half way through all the lights go on and the sound off and theres kim wilde in the middle of the room screaming at everyone to 'get the fk out of this house now'. quite surreal after downing a few bevvies...

that isnt my 'spotting famous people' contribution as such but couldnt help but think of the occasion reading jimmas post hehehe

not so much kids in america, more 'kids in hitchin'

Ever see a bright red BMW?

humbucker

• Omega Baron
  • Cambridgeshire
  • VX Trade Card, Halfords Trade Card. Neat.
    • www.irmscherMV6.com
    • View Profile
    • www.irmscherMV6.com
« Reply #46 on: 28 August 2008, 23:09:51 »

their studio was in knebworth at one stage. think its a curtain shop now. i remember going to party hosted by kim wildes sister, not that i knew it at the time, and half way through all the lights go on and the sound off and theres kim wilde in the middle of the room screaming at everyone to 'get the fk out of this house now'. quite surreal after downing a few bevvies...

that isnt my 'spotting famous people' contribution as such but couldnt help but think of the occasion reading jimmas post hehehe

is that a euphamism?!  ;D
http://www.irmscherMV6.com | #irmscherMV6
Genuine Tech1 and Tech2 diagnostic services for Vauxhalls and Saabs available in and around Cambs.
PM with your requests.

robbo299

• luton, beds
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 28 August 2008, 23:13:13 »

Met snooker players Cliff Thorburn and Steve Davis years ago. Steve Davis is good company and very funny. Also about the same time met Hurricane Higgins. He was a boyhood friend of a mate of mine in Belfast. He played at an exhibition match here in Luton at a local snooker club. He was awsome. Played 15 games that evening. He wouldn't stop until he had made a hundred break. Went out with him and my mate afterwards to a nightclub. He got thrown out after an hour for being drunk and disorderly. Will always remember the snooker he played that night though.

Martin_1962

« Reply #48 on: 28 August 2008, 23:20:40 »

is that a euphamism?!  ;D

No - he used to own a 750iL bought from a dealer my dad worked at!

yatesDELTA

« Reply #49 on: 28 August 2008, 23:26:15 »

Met Kelly Holmes in physical training in York (i think) when i was in the army, course she wernt famous back then (came out in 90 so yeah)

Then about 12 ywars ago when working at HSS as a delivery driver i saw the bloke who plays Phil Mitchell on Eastenders in the shop (cant remember how long ago that was actually, but atleast 11 years)

HNO3GOH

• Somerset
  • Play time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 28 August 2008, 23:48:44 »

A few years ago I run Roger Moore about for a few days.

I pick up Susan George and Simon MacCorkindale plus Howard Jones from time to time and about 4 years ago Nigel benn got in the car and needed the court ::) got stopped on the M5 for going a tad to fast ;D

Garage clear out in March 2011 and I will have a large amount of omega parts going very cheap.

Jay w

• Omega Baron
  • Plymouth/Poole
  • omega gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 28 August 2008, 23:52:08 »

i have met sir Alec Issisgonis and John Cooper, both of them were huge heros of mine back in my Mini days.

Cooper was so larger than life, and had some great stories, Issisgonis was a very quiet man who took the whole 'i designed the mini and it has a huge fanbase' as a humble thing, to him it was another car

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 29 August 2008, 01:18:23 »

Had to drive Mark McManus (Taggart or Skippy the kangaroo's uncle, depending on your age) into open a local Fete in a panda car with lights and sirens on, once upon a time.

Nice chap, pity he used malt for breakfast mouthwash.....  

The Red Baron

• Omega Lord
  • burton on trent.staffs
  • 3.0mv6 sal/3.0elite lpg/2.2dti estate
    • 2000 chipped mv6 3.0l
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 29 August 2008, 01:38:11 »

ran the top gear members bar at silverstone in 94 for the f1 gp, drank with jeremy clarkson. met nigel mansell, alan jones, james hunt at donnington years ago. tiff needle at burton tyre centre. anthony worrel thompson & lloyd grossman at bass museum & more recently the late fred dibnah ( steeplejack ) at many a steam rally & bar.

vauxhall & halfords trade cards.v6 cam locking kit.<local only.

HolyCount

« Reply #54 on: 29 August 2008, 08:55:23 »

A few years ago I run Roger Moore about for a few days.

I pick up Susan George and Simon MacCorkindale plus Howard Jones from time to time and about 4 years ago Nigel benn got in the car and needed the court ::) got stopped on the M5 for going a tad to fast ;D

Don't tell the missus !!!!  
And ..... you know a countess quite well !!!!!!  ;D

gmp

• South Devon
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 29 August 2008, 09:40:27 »

Time for me to roll out my Omega claim to fame again ;D! Previous owner of my Miggy was Ray Reardon who (not sure if on purpose?) left a signed photo in the glove box. Met him at main dealer when he was passing and saw his old car in for service. At time he was driving a Mustang! Not many celebs in deepest Devon but was in pub in Totnes with a very tipsy James May last year. Once chatted to Tom O'Connor at Heathrow duty free while we both tried to find the cheapest Whiskey. Marty Wilde seems to get about as I bumped in to him at either Glasgow or Edinburgh airport few years back.

Albert1

• Herts
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 29 August 2008, 09:47:55 »

Yea, those 2 and Barry Norman were once the most famous "celebs" in the Stevenage area...until Lewis Hamilton went into orbit.. lol

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 29 August 2008, 11:23:30 »

Here goes,

I used to work in the operating theatres of a private hospital that looked after the Liverpool team, met Grobbelar, Rush , Dalglish, Barnes, Scales, Rob Jones was a great guy but some others were thingys.  I had to pull Stig Bjornebies broken leg straight while a cast was put on,i will never forget the screams!! Im an Everton fan BTW

Duke of Westminster, who was opening a detox unit I worked at, really nice chap as it happens.

Frank Bough at the Majestic hotel in Harrogate, just after his career fell apart for getting S&M in a dungeon ;D I was bladdered and got an autograph, his son looked like he wanted to kill me.

Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

Phil

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 29 August 2008, 11:45:36 »

Sailing in Ireland few years ago doing Cork week and met Roy Walker in a pub, also met Ben Ainslie the same week.

London Boat show saw Suzie Perry and Phillippa Forrester, now that was a sandwich i wouldn't mind being in!!  :D

1995 British GP had VIP tickets thanks to a friend who was doing work for Nokia and they sponsered Tyrell Yamaha at the time so met Mikka Salo, and quite literally bumped into Ron Dennis  :)

Other than being next to Jimmy Hill in a queue for customs at Dover i generally miss 'celebs' mainly because i don't recognise people!!
« Last Edit: 29 August 2008, 11:46:28 by Phil »

JonArgraig

• Omega Knight
  • Isle of Angelsey
  • The Camera Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 29 August 2008, 11:52:27 »

During my early days in security I got to look after alot of DJ's and few of the "acts" doing the rounds, that was during the late 90's

Though the most enjoable from a works point of few Emma Bunton (SP?)

Radio one was doing a open air jobbie at Carnarvon Catsle - I was head of Security at the Celtic royal at the time where most of the acts and BBC where staying and using as a temp OP's center - it was a night mare, as the BBC and most of the acts had there own security, but no one was taking over my manor :)

Besides, its look great added the play list to my CV :)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 19 queries.