Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Signum tyre choice. Advice please.  (Read 5827 times)

05omegav6

Re: Signum tyre choice. Advice please.
« Reply #30 on: 28 July 2015, 07:48:39 »

The auto VXRs were limited to 255 iirc, even when they went to the full fat 280 in the manual... Simply put, you've got the wrong box in yours Dr O :D

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 28 July 2015, 11:37:00 »

....being the '250' version it appears all the performance gains were already put in place by Vauxhall. :-\

280 had the 'full beanz' but alas was never available in the Signum or Elite spec Vectras.

The only real difference between the 250 and 280 is the Vauxhall map and the VXR has a slightly different air box, it has an extra hole in the bottom.

The difference with the Bluefin on mine is really noticable, any gear from 2k-5.5k it pulls really really well. If you were a bit closer would take you for a comparisson drive in it, think you will notice the difference.

Guess I was lucky with mine, but its a daily runner,  its Elite spec with a few otional extras, I bought it 18 months ago with under 80k on it and only paid £2.5k, even better it misses the expensive tax band by 2 days so costs no more to tax than my Omega :-)

The 'its just a crappy Vxl' looks makes alot of 'sporty' and 'performance variant' cars look very very silly, not that I would ever do that sort of thing :-)

I like the fact it (the Signum) looks so innocuous. Every Saxo driving spotty youth wearing a 'back to front baseball cap' thinks it will be easy meat away from the lights. With it's tall skinny tyres it's an unsporting old hector. Mine lacks even a sport button.

However, it's not as slow as it's staid looks imply. My car managed zero to sixty in 6.46 seconds and a 14.93 seconds quarter mile. :y. It's quite nippy. ::)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 28 July 2015, 11:40:29 »

The auto VXRs were limited to 255 iirc, even when they went to the full fat 280 in the manual... Simply put, you've got the wrong box in yours Dr O :D
I'm guessing  about 90% of all Vectra VXR come with a manual gearbox, and about 90% of all Signum 2.8T come with an auto box.

The Vectra is more overtly sporting........and all of them seem to be bright blue. :)

05omegav6

« Reply #33 on: 28 July 2015, 18:36:34 »

All 2.8v6 Signum and non Vxr Vectras are auto only... Exception being the plod ones which were Sri spec with full 280 and a manual box...

The 3.2 versions of both cars were available in manaul and auto form as both Elite and Sri, but non plod or Gsi manuals are rare at best ;)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 28 July 2015, 19:23:57 »

All 2.8v6 Signum and non Vxr Vectras are auto only... Exception being the plod ones which were Sri spec with full 280 and a manual box...

The 3.2 versions of both cars were available in manaul and auto form as both Elite and Sri, but non plod or Gsi manuals are rare at best ;)

You can get a manual 2.8 Signum.

Phil

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 30 July 2015, 06:51:54 »

That statement is not correct at all, there are manual 2.8 V6 Signums about - when I was looking for mine, of the 4 for sale at the time 2 were manual

They never made a GSi Signum, or indeed a 'sporty SRi version', Signum was only available in Elite, Design or Elegance spec iirc, but most GSi Vectras are manual as are the 2ltr turbos

Having owned a 3.2 Signum and now the 2.8, the 2.8 is a far far far better car to drive, actually makes the 3.2 feel pedestrian and gutless (still own a 3.2 Omega and as it weighs the same as the Signum, I can directly compare)

05omegav6

« Reply #36 on: 30 July 2015, 07:06:54 »

The Signum Sri was available to order as an early facelift... But not as a V6...

Never said owt about the Signum being Gsi either... Was refering to the availability of the V6 with a manual box in the Vectra C/Signum platform ;)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 30 July 2015, 11:51:41 »

That statement is not correct at all, there are manual 2.8 V6 Signums about - when I was looking for mine, of the 4 for sale at the time 2 were manual

They never made a GSi Signum, or indeed a 'sporty SRi version', Signum was only available in Elite, Design or Elegance spec iirc, but most GSi Vectras are manual as are the 2ltr turbos

Having owned a 3.2 Signum and now the 2.8, the 2.8 is a far far far better car to drive, actually makes the 3.2 feel pedestrian and gutless (still own a 3.2 Omega and as it weighs the same as the Signum, I can directly compare)

Yes...my Signum is far swifter than my Omega. Even before a remap it has an extra 80 lb ft of torque. Maximum torque of 258 lb ft is delivered at only 1800 RPM.

Pretty effortless really. :y

It's certainly no beauty but then neither is the Insignia.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 30 July 2015, 11:54:07 »

Is it ft lbs or lb ft?.......I always get confused. :-\

05omegav6

« Reply #39 on: 30 July 2015, 12:02:13 »

But having driven a 4x4 Insignia VXR, the Signum cannot possibly compete in the driving department...

Even with an oil burner fitted, the four wheel drive Insignia is an exceptional cross country device, dynamically in a different universe to the Vectra C chassis 8)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 30 July 2015, 12:10:32 »

But having driven a 4x4 Insignia VXR, the Signum cannot possibly compete in the driving department...

Even with an oil burner fitted, the four wheel drive Insignia is an exceptional cross country device, dynamically in a different universe to the Vectra C chassis 8)

Yes...nothing to write home about in that department. It's a Vectra/Signum therefore it will never set the world on fire with it's handling prowess.

05omegav6

« Reply #41 on: 30 July 2015, 16:03:14 »

Yes...nothing to write home about in that department. It's a Vectra/Signum therefore it will never set the world on fire with it's handling prowess.
Tru dat ;D

Doesn't stop you from putting a bit of weight in the boot, fitting a pair of Autonogrips to the back end and having hours and hours of lift off oversteer fun on any roundabout you encounter ::)
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 21 queries.