Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Jasonm......car headlight intensity.  (Read 6573 times)

Mr Gav

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds
    • Nissan 370z GT Edition
    • View Profile
Re: Jasonm......car headlight intensity.
« Reply #30 on: 30 November 2016, 11:56:45 »

May I add to your list, Keith?
Those stupid and/or lazy morons who don't know how to switch off those dazzling rear fog lights long after the fog has cleared.

Ron.

Plus the morons who feel the need to turn on fog lights at the first sign of drizzle.
They're the same ones who don't turn them off when there is a car behind them.

I've averaged 30,000 miles for 28years, and could count on my fingers the number of times I have needed fog lights. All cars should have another high intensity fog light mounted directly in the drivers sight line to ensure that the things are only used when absolutely necessary.

Totally agree with you there Nick, way too many people putting fog lights on at the first sign of mist or drizzle and then leave them on for days. Gone are the days when you used to flash someone and they would be looking around and finally work out what was wrong and turn them off, nowadays they`re totally oblivious and just don`t care.

I was sat behind a woman the other day in heavy traffic for about twenty minutes and she had her wipers on fast wipe, and it hadn`t rained for hours, if you don`t realise your wipers are on and it isn`t raining what chance have you got that they realise the fog light is on or a bulb is out?

I think TB is onto something with his mas cull  :y

STEMO

« Reply #31 on: 30 November 2016, 12:45:29 »

If I were diagnosed with a terminal illness, but could still drive my car, I would have endless fun picking the bastard who I was going to take with me.  :)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 30 November 2016, 13:53:27 »

Those stupid and/or lazy morons who don't know how to switch off those dazzling rear fog lights long after the fog has cleared.

Ron.

Plus the morons who feel the need to turn on fog lights at the first sign of drizzle.

I've averaged 30,000 miles for 28years, and could count on my fingers the number of times I have needed fog lights. All cars should have another high intensity fog light mounted directly in the drivers sight line to ensure that the things are only used when absolutely necessary.

Totally agree with you there Nick, way too many people putting fog lights on at the first sign of mist or drizzle and then leave them on for days. Gone are the days when you used to flash someone and they would be looking around and finally work out what was wrong and turn them off, nowadays they`re totally oblivious and just don`t care.

I was sat behind a woman the other day in heavy traffic for about twenty minutes and she had her wipers on fast wipe, and it hadn`t rained for hours, if you don`t realise your wipers are on and it isn`t raining what chance have you got that they realise the fog light is on or a bulb is out?

I think TB is onto something with his mas cull :y

But this would mean a 90% reduction in OOF members. :'( ;D

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 30 November 2016, 13:54:40 »

If I were diagnosed with a terminal illness, but could still drive my car, I would have endless fun picking the bastard who I was going to take with me.  :)

Remind me never to visit the delightful cosmopolitan town of  Barnsleywakefield. :)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 30 November 2016, 18:02:13 »

I think TB is onto something with his mas cull :y

But this would mean a 90% reduction in OOF members. :'( ;D

Nice knowing you M'lud!  :y
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

TD

• Omega Knight
  • Swindon
    • Nowt!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 30 November 2016, 19:01:13 »

Ron.

I think TB is onto something with his mas cull  :y

Impossible to do with my car.....and probably a lot of other manu's doing the same with their newer cars.....

I press a button for the front or rear fogs.....restart the car.....I have to do the same  :y

aaronjb

« Reply #36 on: 01 December 2016, 08:50:30 »

Impossible to do with my car.....and probably a lot of other manu's doing the same with their newer cars.....

I press a button for the front or rear fogs.....restart the car.....I have to do the same  :y

Not probably, definitely, otherwise they won't pass Type Approval anymore.  Presumably now mandatory because we can no longer be trusted to turn our own lights off as well as on (as proven, sadly, by all the muppets on the road driving around with their rear fogs on  >:()

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 01 December 2016, 20:39:03 »

Or others, who drive around in near darkness without lights.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 01 December 2016, 21:20:35 »

There's no cure for stupidity...

Well technically there's one, but TB isn't in charge :-X
Onanists always think outside the box.

Terbs

• Omega Lord
  • Brackley/Wareham
  • The Freezer Geezer
    • CD Saloon 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 02 December 2016, 12:01:09 »

Never understood that action. Saw some the other night outside Poole. Surely when these people put the keys in and start up, they must realise they cannot see the panel !!!!!! I am not talking highly lit roads either........I and others have flashed these drivers, but they continue regardless. And, without being sexist, most I have seen are female. I wonder if its the fact they use the car in daylight conditions, so do not know where the controls are !!!
Wrong Switch Tony......flicking the wrong bit for 50 years

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 02 December 2016, 12:03:52 »

I notice that there are some right idiots who consider the day time running lights to be Ok for night driving also......they clear have no idea that DRLs do not turn the rear light on!

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 02 December 2016, 12:46:22 »

I notice that there are some right idiots who consider the day time running lights to be Ok for night driving also......they clear have no idea that DRLs do not turn the rear light on!
Law of unintended consequences... Lazy design putting drls and instrument lighting on the same circuit whilst making drls as bright as shit headlights ::)
Onanists always think outside the box.

aaronjb

« Reply #42 on: 02 December 2016, 13:44:16 »

Never understood that action. Saw some the other night outside Poole. Surely when these people put the keys in and start up, they must realise they cannot see the panel !!!!!! I am not talking highly lit roads either........I and others have flashed these drivers, but they continue regardless. And, without being sexist, most I have seen are female. I wonder if its the fact they use the car in daylight conditions, so do not know where the controls are !!!

For anything made in the last few years they will almost certainly be able to see the instruments just fine .. because they're always illuminated.

For anything old.. well, they're just idiots and there's no helping those people :y ;D

STEMO

« Reply #43 on: 02 December 2016, 13:54:06 »

It's just the audio controls and window switches that don't light up on mine.

minifreek

• Omega Knight
  • Wigan
    • 2.4 V70 & 94 Mini SPi
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 02 December 2016, 14:29:04 »

The really bright DRL's are what boils my piss, especially those Citroen's/DS3's or whatever they want to call them .... the ones with the really bright DRL's in a very bright line on each side of the front bumper...

https://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://images.cdn.autocar.co.uk/sites/autocar.co.uk/files/styles/gallery_slide/public/images/car-reviews/first-drives/legacy/citroen-as-ds3-a-0751.jpg%3Fitok%3DJPDHc1-U&imgrefurl=http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/2016-ds-3-prices-and-specification-revealed&h=596&w=900&tbnid=IPS9Ts3-BEdVAM:&vet=1&tbnh=132&tbnw=200&docid=Z4teFr36ElCXNM&itg=1&usg=___aLZ-Gl4UmQDBHLPN7uoI16n5Vo=&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiVr_Oo3NXQAhWEHsAKHVSjCYoQ_B0InAEwCg&ei=W4VBWNWVFIS9gAbUxqbQCA

The bright lights never bothered me until I started to drive my Classic Mini, and now every ruddy headlight blinds me...

The folk who don't have their lights on at night (because of DRL's) should get pulled and issued with a fixed penalty/fine for driving without due care and attention....
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 18 queries.